My First Grow: Grape Ape, Agent Orange x Huckleberry & Purple Skunk Mass

DAY 45

Okay, so today I took off all the training wires from the 4 main girls. Gonna let 'em gain some height, then start retraining them through the scrog net. My current plan is to weave them until something like 75% of the net is full, then switch to 12/12 for flowering.

Training stuff removed
oIp9T5A.jpg

GA#1
X7r3mIm.jpg

GA#2
LPaBKpx.jpg

AOxH
HhZBzYp.jpg

PSM
vHOxGfK.jpg

I took the bottom 2 growths from the PSM 10 days ago because they were somewhat stunted in their growth, and decided to see if I could use them as clones. The roots came out nicely, so I transplanted them today. This cloning stuff can be addictive...
UfqPI6S.jpg
Hv0QkN7.jpg

Family Photo
y6qRyvJ.jpg
Can't get better than that Craz.

Just a little update. The girls are doing okay. I think I may have to tighten the scrog netting. It's being pushed upward way too easily with the small amount of pressure being applied by the new growth. Also, moved all the clones outside to the front porch and will let them grow and mature according to Mother Nature's light cycles.

Canopy at eye level
nKJeupj.jpg

From above
xmYYPGY.jpg

From below
E0JZCUF.jpg

Three not-so-zombie clones put out on the front deck, along with the two PSM lower node clippings I decided to clone (why waste 'em?). So far, there are 9 plants from 4 seeds. I'll most likely be giving away the 2 that are still in cups.
P7WpBjn.jpg

This is the reason why I'm training the 3 clones to stay low and follow the perimeter of their buckets. I live in the city, and have to keep them below the sight line of the deck walls until they're ready to harvest. Luckily, I'm in the 2nd floor apartment.
wGZPzWe.jpg

Wasn't really happy with the ways the scrogging was going, so I took it down. The plants are all on their own height schedule, and they didn't really coincide with each other for an acceptable canopy. That, plus the fact that there was just too limited of a space for a novice like me to be able to effectively deal with for trimming, etc. I'll wait until 60 days from dry seed to switch to 12/12. They've been on 24/0 their entire lives so far.

GA#1
vwhnbHz.jpg

GA#2
g1SaPnP.jpg

AOxH
rVwVAU3.jpg

PSM
6F2jkGl.jpg

Family photo
jbnrZe0.jpg

The clones are doing well. They have a funny shape because of the odd training I'm doing to them to keep them low. Tried to color correct, as it's quite overcast right now. I think I made it worse, because they aren't this bright green.
sLRKJqV.jpg
SGlVXwM.jpg
2NRZvpR.jpg
2aucpn2.jpg
ZalwqZU.jpg

Hey @CrazyChef, loving the setup and genetics! :ganjamon::bravo: Healthy plants and you’ve sure got loads of them too. Haha love the plants on the front porch :passitleft: looking forward to see how the rest of the grow goes.
Wasn't really happy with the ways the scrogging was going
Scrog looks like loads of effort, I’ve not done it but I do manage to fill my canopy without it. I’ve seen guys pull off big yields in small places with scrogs though. :yummy:
They've been on 24/0 their entire lives so far.
I also like that cycle for veg.
Happy growing! :ganjamon::morenutes: Keep it irie

Everything's looking good,Chef-your green thumb is working well...
I saw your scrog setup,and honestly,my first thought was "Man that looks like it's going to be a pain in the ass",like you said-for trimming,and even watering.
I'm all about easy,and that didn't look like it was going to be easy to deal with....
I think your present plan will work out a lot better,especially since they're not all growing at the same pace.
They're going to be big girls when you flip them,but hey,big plants,big buds!

A pH of 6.5 should be great for soil grows. It's right in the middle of the recommended range of pH 6.0 - 7.0. I'd check the pH, and if it's 6.5 just add about 25% more of whatever nutrient has the highest potassium.

Update time...

So, I decided to give the 2 small PSM clones to my sister. As I said earlier, the only reason I have them is because I cut them from the bottom node of the main PSM and figured "Why waste them?". The roots are well developed, and they're quite ready for her to transplant them in her yard.

1661045521510.png
1661045570798.png

Here are all the clones. The 3 larger ones are really ugly looking because of the weird training I've done to them to keep them short.

0yfJ29U.jpg

Here are the 4 main ladies, with a little video of them too. Don't mind the bell sounds in the video - Facebook was updating my feed on my phone and those are the notices.
D7rpbgW.jpg

Great growing,Chef-the clones and the big girls are looking excellent!
So what's your plan for flowering those larger ones?

Great growing,Chef-the clones and the big girls are looking excellent!
So what's your plan for flowering those larger ones?
Thanks! I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing, except for switching from 24/0 to 12/12. That, and I have Tiger Bloom that I'll be using soon.
They aught to be aching for the flip next week Craz!
Yup, that's what I'm thinking too.

Crap.

Crap, crap, crap, crap, CRAP!

Okay, so I've been adding 5ml/gal. of Sensi CalMag Xtra to my girls once per week for the last couple of weeks, along with the Fox Farm nutes...

So I'm in my grow room and I happen to notice the bottle of CalMag on the shelf below my plants. But wait - my CalMag is supposed to be in the pantry with my Grow Big and Big Bloom nutes. That's where I've been mixing the nute solution. So I go to the pantry, and that when I yell CRAP!!! Apparently, I mistook the pesticide bottle I have for the CalMag bottle.

Yup. I've been feeding my girls pesticide with their nutes for at least the last 2 weeks! :oops:

Okay, so I haven't noticed anything detrimental going on (yet), but what do you think the repercussions will be? It's an organic pesticide, so I'm really hoping I can just continue on using the regular nutes with the correct CalMag from now on.

cbDb0lz.jpg

Cb9JWf1.jpg

So, I decided to give the 2 small PSM clones to my sister.
Good looking clones Chef! I'm sure your sister is gonna have a great time growing them, they sure have had a great head start. :yummy: I try and give away as many clones as possible and before i know it my mates are coming in waves with tester buds :rofl:
Here are the 4 main ladies
Damn those are some strong, healthy looking ladies! :morenutes:
Yup. I've been feeding my girls pesticide with their nutes for at least the last 2 weeks! :oops:

Okay, so I haven't noticed anything detrimental going on (yet)
You're all good bro! At least once a month i add in my organic pesticide into my feedings anyway just as prevention. I'm sure it takes care of any larvae if there is any. Keeps thrips and gnats away.
the Purple Skunk Mass is definitely a lady!
Congrats! That's a real cool pic of it's first baby pistils. That's photo of the month worthy for sure :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom