My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Movers

Re: My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Mo

Beautiful grow Jon :thumb:

I read several pages at the beginning, and have been following for the last few pages. I was curious about the room's setup, but I don't see where you discuss that. Was it in an earlier journal perhaps? If you have already talked about the room itself (ie ventilation, cooling, hydro setup, lights etc), could you provide a link to the post?

After 'little' growing hiatus (last grow was in '98), I just started up a new room, so I'm looking at others' builds to get ideas. My room won't be getting any major changes for at least this first run, but there are still some things I'm tweaking (ventilation specifically).

Thanks for sharing :Namaste:

Re: My First Grow Journal-Holy Grail Kush- Purple Kush 6x12 Scrog 4 x 600W LEDs On Mo

lol...i have no idea what page its on bro so i ll give you a quick breakdown of my flower room.its a sealed room,no intake or exaust.6 inch scrubber and carbon filter. 10 000 btu a/c keeps things where they need to be.2 70 pint dehumidifiers that keep the rh at 40%.at the moment im running 4 Fero a/f 600 led's on light movers but I will be doubling that and getting rid of the rails.the system is a simple top feed recirculating system with the 45 gallon res in a seperate (dark) room to help control res temps.the screen is 6 x 12,2.5 inch squares.I run co2 at 1000-1200 ppm's. I use Gh 3 part flora at 50% strength,bud candy, sensizym,kushie kush and cal/mag right now and at week 6 I switch to overdrive and then final phase for the flush.I think thats everything but feel free to ask if I missed something:)

lol...i have no idea what page its on bro so i ll give you a quick breakdown of my flower room.its a sealed room,no intake or exaust.6 inch scrubber and carbon filter. 10 000 btu a/c keeps things where they need to be.2 70 pint dehumidifiers that keep the rh at 40%.at the moment im running 4 Fero a/f 600 led's on light movers but I will be doubling that and getting rid of the rails.the system is a simple top feed recirculating system with the 45 gallon res in a seperate (dark) room to help control res temps.the screen is 6 x 12,2.5 inch squares.I run co2 at 1000-1200 ppm's. I use Gh 3 part flora at 50% strength,bud candy, sensizym,kushie kush and cal/mag right now and at week 6 I switch to overdrive and then final phase for the flush.I think thats everything but feel free to ask if I missed something:)

So it's a 6' x 12' space? That's the same size as the flowering room I just built. :high-five:

From the pictures, I wasn't sure if it was a sealed environment. My plan was/is to go sealed eventually, but it seems that requires a fair amount of additional hardware. I had a pretty good budget (~$5-6k), but not enough to do everything from the start. I couldn't afford to start with LEDs, so I'm running 3 x 750W HPS. It's pretty cold here in the Winter, and I'm in a basement, so I think I'll be able to manage temps with just an exhaust fan (although that's proving more difficult than anticipated as well). I'm only ~5F higher than I want to be, so I am confident I can get it where I want with a couple more tweaks. I'll probably have to add another fan to overcome the resistance of pushing the air up the chimney pipe. I have space for a second flowering room, but it has to wait until this room starts producing some extra $$. That room will be LEDs, and maybe sealed. When I start building that room, flowering room 1 will likely undergo some changes as well.

Thanks again for sharing. We all learn a lot from each other with these forums. Back in the 90's, I only had my 'handbook' and other grower friends as a resource. My oh my how things have changed! :Namaste:

its a6 x 12 screen the space is maybe 10 x 18 or so and i just switched to sealed enviroment this round thats why you still see the ductwork I wanted to make sure my little a/c could handle it before i removed them, so far so good but i definetly need a mini split come spring:)

10k BTU isn't enough with your LEDs? I would think Northern Canada, you wouldn't need as much cooling. I'm in far southern Canada... WA ;) I'm about 20-30 miles from the border.

its the 2 dehumidifiers running 24/7 that heat the room up quite a bit and the a/c unit has seen better days.when its a sealed room the outside temp isnt really a factor.the a/c actually kicks on even when the lights are out because of those dehumidifiers.liquid cooled ones are definetly on my list:)

its the 2 dehumidifiers running 24/7 that heat the room up quite a bit and the a/c unit has seen better days.when its a sealed room the outside temp isnt really a factor.the a/c actually kicks on even when the lights are out because of those dehumidifiers.liquid cooled ones are definetly on my list:)

I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions. Let me know if you want me to delete these.

What is your RH with and without the dehumidifier?

I used to grow in socal, but now I'm in WA, so the environment is pretty different. I had anticipated having issues with too high of RH, but I'm actually having the opposite situation. I don't know if it's a 'problem', but my RH sits around 15-25%. Max I've seen is in the 30s. I suspect it's because it's winter. The air outside is cold, so hold less water, then we are heating the house, and the basement, so that further dries out the air I think.

dont worry about the questions bro thats what were all here for,to learn.I keep my rh at 40% which is ideal for led growing.rh outside right now is actually in the 30's its because the plants are pretty big and they transpire alot at this stage.I empty about 3-4 gallons every 24 hrs.I have no idea what the rh is without them they never turn off lol

i dont know much about the UK, I guess theres not much for wide open spaces there?around here its pretty easy to rent or buy an old farmhouse.thats how I grew for years bro, 3-4 grows in 1 place then move when the lease was up to another place in the country.is something like that not an option there?

its an option but thats how i got caught last time. its far better to have many smaller grows and if u get busted they get 1 small grow and its slap on wrist, and not mine! its not the actual spaces, theres plenty of industrial units. but if a bust happens with 10-30 plants in a home its not automatic prison, where as an industrial grow would be. in my younger days i wouldnt of given a fuck but i have to think about my daughters now, so less risk the better.

that makes sense C,funny how different things are in our countries,here its the guys doing grows in town that get pinched usually,but who knows who they are telling or how good they're filters are:).no matter where you are the less people that know what you do the better,theres alot of haters out there.

that makes sense C,funny how different things are in our countries,here its the guys doing grows in town that get pinched usually,but who knows who they are telling or how good they're filters are:).no matter where you are the less people that know what you do the better, there's a lot of haters out there.

I think the biggest security risk is telling people! A total of 5 people know about my setup, including myself and my wife. Of the other 3, only one lives in my town. The other 2 are 1000s of miles away. My buddy that lives nearby sort of has to know as he will serve as my broker. I've only lived here for a year, so I don't have the contacts he does. Plus I have consulted him on a few of my construction questions due to his construction background. :riskybusiness:

that makes sense C,funny how different things are in our countries,here its the guys doing grows in town that get pinched usually,but who knows who they are telling or how good they're filters are:).no matter where you are the less people that know what you do the better,theres alot of haters out there.

The old saying:

LOOSE LIPS, SINK SHIPS.

grasses are the number 1 way people get caught and the only thing i hate more than a snitch is a paedophile!

I have a network of growers, none of them know any of my fellow growers. I tell them what they need to know, not what they want to know. I hate people who ask too many questions. Ofcourse this is a learning forum so questions of relevence are fine here. I just hate people who say things like: hey did you know johny down the road is growing?!, my usua; reply would be alongs the of: No i didnt and i dont want to fucking know, mind ur own fucking business u nosey prick! ;)

lol...Ive been wondering what grasses ment,we call em rats here bro and your absolutely right and I feel the same way about them.Some people just cant handle seing somebody do good for themselves.besides my wife and my best friend theres only 1 other person that knows and hes my brother in law and broker,I only deal with 1 person:)

ya know..........it ain't easy trying to catch up on 72 pages a journal........damn man lol

Hey A1:) welcome bro, thanks for having a look at my journal i know its a long one.Im going to start a new one in the next day or so,my next round is already in the table and Ive just started to train them.The only difference is im adding 5 more buckets up the middle,the plants wont be quite as big but the screen will be completely full:)

thats the best way bro. only 1 person gets all my bud, or broker as u'd say! haha he'd laugh his arse off if i called him the broker lol. none of my other grow spots no where it goes and they dont know each other. so in theory if one 'rats' out the others be cool.

the old saying:

Loose lips, sink ships.

Grasses are the number 1 way people get caught and the only thing i hate more than a snitch is a paedophile!

I have a network of growers, none of them know any of my fellow growers. I tell them what they need to know, not what they want to know. I hate people who ask too many questions. Ofcourse this is a learning forum so questions of relevence are fine here. I just hate people who say things like: Hey did you know johny down the road is growing?!, my usua; reply would be alongs the of: No i didnt and i dont want to fucking know, mind ur own fucking business u nosey prick! ;)

lol...ive been wondering what grasses ment,we call em rats here bro and your absolutely right and i feel the same way about them.some people just cant handle seing somebody do good for themselves.besides my wife and my best friend theres only 1 other person that knows and hes my brother in law and broker,i only deal with 1 person:)

thats the best way bro. Only 1 person gets all my bud, or broker as u'd say! Haha he'd laugh his arse off if i called him the broker lol. None of my other grow spots no where it goes and they dont know each other. So in theory if one 'rats' out the others be cool.

amen!!!!!

I got one last year just for sprouts, clones and vegging. A 90w (probably pulling 50 or so) solid state (no fans).
It did fine on the clones and vegging. It might do a good job flowering one low profile plant.
I ended up having to flower three plants with it this summer. There are a few photos in my gallery of some of the buds.
Nothing to brag about. They were tiny but definitely frostier. 3 or 4 hundred watts of this light would be plenty for my 4x4.

Back
Top Bottom