My First Grow, My Own Strain-Sledge Hammer & Hpno Buzz

luvsmokinweed

Hello All!! This is my first serious grow. I've planted as a teen, but was never serious about it:tokin: Now that I'm a bit more educated at it (Still a rookie though LOL) I've decided to give it another shot!! Also, a buddy of mine breed me a couple of new strains!!:high-five: It took some years & hard work but... At Last!!!.... Any How... Since I am still a "Young Grass-Hopper" I decided to sacrifice 10 seeds (I have a few hundred by the way) for my learning purposes and start an indoor project. 9 of them germed in a little of 24 hours the 10th was a dud I guess!! 8 still stand one was snapped at the base of the stem (tragic death :rip:). I have put them in MG Potting Soil now, but started with regular outside dirt!! I built a home-made growbox that has 2 (23w, 1500 Lumens, & 2700k) Soft White CFLs and a (17w, 1100 Lumens, & 7800k) Florecent Black Light installed!! I water with distilled water only and no extra nutes since the MG is packed full of them!! Im open to any Comments Suggestions or Questions so feel free and enjoy the grow!!!:blunt:

Now For The Pics!!!

These are 4days...

4days_Old4.jpg

Its week 3 & these babies are startin to stink!!! Just to see the gender of the "Sledge Hammer", I've put them into flowering. They'll go back to Veg. after that. Also I mentioned my buddy grew me my own strains, and from the looks of one plant I think he may have mistaken and gave me a seed from his strain he created!!! His is a (Blue Berry + Afgan Kush) x (Train Wreck + Sour D) = SourBlueKush!!:yummy:

Are you going to seperate the plants? From wha I hae heard ad read it is not te best idea to plant all te seed in 1 pot. Just a thought. Also try and finding some organic fertz as regulor outside dirt is not recommnded... Gl Rep going your way..

Are you going to seperate the plants? From wha I hae heard ad read it is not te best idea to plant all te seed in 1 pot. Just a thought. Also try and finding some organic fertz as regulor outside dirt is not recommnded... Gl Rep going your way..

Good question!!! Yes, I already moved them to separate containers. I really just put them all there because it was all I had at the time. I actually planted them in little cookie cups. 5 in one cup & 4 in another. Then I got a bag of MG potting soil and transferred them all into the 8" clay pot you see from the pics. I only use outside dirt the first three days after germ. I put them in 8oz red plastic cups (1 in each cup) 5days after week 2. Its is now 1 day after week 3 and they are looking ok to me.(Open to other opinions when I post update pics of weeks 3 & 4) I actually could smell them a bit today for the 1st time!:yummy: I put the "sludge hammer" into 12-12 flowering 3 days ago and plan on putting it back into veg when it shows its gender. I read a post that said it would work!! I am nervous about it though!! Do you kn if this is true??

I heard that it works but may put undesirable stress. Its a risk but I would not do it on your first grow unless you know exactly what you are doing.

I see:hmmmm:.... Well since I started them already and I haven't seen any sign of stress, I think I may have got lucky and did it right this time.:phew:

Hello All!!! Time for an update!! If your just tuning in, its going on 3 1/2 weeks and they are looking better every day!!:thumb: Still not doing anything special to 'em yet. Just letting them soak up all the light the need to be big and strong. I water every other day or as need and rotate them 180 degrees every few hours to ensure that the light hits multiple spot on them instead of just one!!! Now for pics!!

This is my home made set up;
3weeks_Old.jpg
3weeks_Old_2.jpg
3weeks_Old_3.jpg

These are "Sledge Hammer" Close-Ups;
3weeks_Old_Sledge_Hammer_.jpg
3weeks_Old_Sledge_Hammer_2.jpg
3weeks_Old_Sledge_Hammer_3.jpg
3weeks_Old_Sledge_Hammer_4.jpg
This is the one I think my friend mistake and gave me!! "Sour Blue Kush" Its very different from the rest of them and its smell is very strong!!;
3weeks_Old_Sour_Blue_Kush_.jpg
These are "Hypno Buzz" Close-Ups;
3weeks_Old_Hypno_Buzz_.jpg
3weeks_Old_Hypno_Buzz_2.jpg
3weeks_Old_Hypno_Buzz_3.jpg

hey there brother!

your babies are looking healthy :thumb:
what are you goals with this grow? how big do you think you will go with vegging? how big is your grow space?
will you be cfl through flowering too?

sorry for all the questions lol just getting an idea of what your plans are with this grow... but at present they certainly look fine :cheesygrinsmiley:

personally i dont think there is anything wrong with outdoor soil IF it is nutritious AND in an area that isnt "dirty" (=filled with pests and 'bad' bugs) where you may risk contaminating your grow space with bugs, molds, blights and pests- spidermites being the main enemy! BUT during the veg cycle you can run a basic insecticide/miticide program with a good organic spray.. and possibly a soil application for soil-born pests too as a preventative measure. that is something i would recommend for a more intermediate/advanced grower though.. upon saying that- there is no time like the present! and as long as you are aware of possible risks- all good :cheesygrinsmiley:

look forward to seeing how your mates strains turn out! should be promising :cheesygrinsmiley:

all the best :Namaste:

hey there brother!

your babies are looking healthy :thumb:
what are you goals with this grow? how big do you think you will go with vegging? how big is your grow space?
will you be cfl through flowering too?

sorry for all the questions lol just getting an idea of what your plans are with this grow... but at present they certainly look fine :cheesygrinsmiley:

personally i dont think there is anything wrong with outdoor soil IF it is nutritious AND in an area that isnt "dirty" (=filled with pests and 'bad' bugs) where you may risk contaminating your grow space with bugs, molds, blights and pests- spidermites being the main enemy! BUT during the veg cycle you can run a basic insecticide/miticide program with a good organic spray.. and possibly a soil application for soil-born pests too as a preventative measure. that is something i would recommend for a more intermediate/advanced grower though.. upon saying that- there is no time like the present! and as long as you are aware of possible risks- all good :cheesygrinsmiley:

look forward to seeing how your mates strains turn out! should be promising :cheesygrinsmiley:

all the best :Namaste:

My main goal is to complete the grow first lol with this being my first grow I ever really invested in!! 2ndly, I will be transplanting in about another week or two.:thumb: As for grow space and CFLs... Im using a 50gal. storage tub and I will use cfls through the flowering stage!! Im looking to go out today and get a grow closet because they are outgrowing the tub.:morenutes: Even though I started in earth dirt, it was only from planting till the first 4 days after sprouting so I dnt think I gave any pest a chance to infiltrate my grow. On top of that, I had them indoors. Thanks for the compliments on my young ladies!!! Enjoy the grow and feel free to ask or give info!!:Namaste:

Hmmm looking good bro. Got me thinking if it is worth the extra for the nute's or just go ahead and by pre-mixed ferts.... Well now Igotsomthingto think about.

Hmmm looking good bro. Got me thinking if it is worth the extra for the nute's or just go ahead and by pre-mixed ferts.... Well now Igotsomthingto think about.

:thanks::ganjamon: Since it was Vday, I went and got my little ladies a gift!!!:circle-of-love: 2 (200w replacement) CFLs!!! They love them!! I think I over watered yesterday because they started to droop, but a few hours after I installed the new lights they where standing proud!!! I also upgraded my homemade growbox!!!:) Im now running on; 2 200w CFLs, 1 17w Black light (only because I heard its high on the lumens scale... Is that True/False & Good/Bad???:hmmmm:), and a small fan!! Should I add my 2 100w CFLs to my growbox?? :hmmmm:... Well adios for now!!:ciao: Stay tuned for the rest of the grow!!:rollit::cough::popcorn: Hope to here more comments, questions, and/or advise from you and everyone else!!!:Namaste::ganjamon:

P.S. "1 Month Old From Germ" Pic Updates Coming Sunday!!!!:cheer::cheer:

Yo,Lovsmokin, nice start up you got goin.
Just a couple of pointers, I Grow in a dwc setup- no dirt, but I have learned it is not good to use out side dirt on a inside grow.
That black light need to be hung over a poster, absolutely no benefit to plants.
The cfls are great but generate a ton of heat,great for veg , ok for flower. For veg use more daylight/natural,(the bright ones,bluish ) for flower ADD warm, (the redish ones).
I was more than happy with my results. but from start to finish I spent more money buying and running cfls than I did running a 400w hps
You should set up a sig with a link to your journal.
:peace:

Yo,Lovsmokin, nice start up you got goin.
Just a couple of pointers, I Grow in a dwc setup- no dirt, but I have learned it is not good to use out side dirt on a inside grow.
That black light need to be hung over a poster, absolutely no benefit to plants.
The cfls are great but generate a ton of heat,great for veg , ok for flower. For veg use more daylight/natural,(the bright ones,bluish ) for flower ADD warm, (the redish ones).
I was more than happy with my results. but from start to finish I spent more money buying and running cfls than I did running a 400w hps
You should set up a sig with a link to your journal.
:peace:

Thanks!! With the outside dirt, I only used it the first 3 days. I am using MG potting mix now!! :) Witch kind of poster should I be looking for?? & Ill be lookin into the better lighting system soon!!! Thanks again!!! :thumb: :Namaste:

Everything seems to be moving along nicely. A couple of comments, Its almost always recommended to grow indoor plants in individual containers for a variety of reasons; you never know what could happen that would put you at a disadvantage if the plants were grown in " group configurations", you may need to separate them because of disease or to shift them to positions that will give them better lighting, ect. When you transplant them there is a distinct possibility that root damage can occur to the seedlings adjacent to the one you're moving. As far as your soil it's a matter of choice, every soil is going to have it's own set of characteristics, and I always use the best soil I can afford, it will reward you in the long run, as you can eliminate a shitload of possible problems when you start to develop your troubleshooting skills. In my mind, I remember that that particular soil holds a little more moisture than I prefer, and I would add 25-30% perlite to it. As for your plan to sex your plants and then take them back out of flower....Ive done it, I lost at least a full month of grow time, a more attractive scenario is to take a cutting from each subject, once it's established (well rooted) put the cutting into flower, and cut the corresponding subject out of your grow if the cutting turns out to be contrary to the sex you wish to grow. Lights bro, you guys do amazing things with those lights! I'm using induction atm, learning this light, they are all a little different and with experience you will know the ins and outs of your lights...I promise. I applaud you for your efforts and the decision you've made to grow, you WILL GROW better weed than you can buy if you have the genetics to support your expectations. Good luck, I'm subbed up, relax and enjoy your plants!

Thanks!! With the outside dirt, I only used it the first 3 days. I am using MG potting mix now!! :) Witch kind of poster should I be looking for?? & Ill be lookin into the better lighting system soon!!! Thanks again!!! :thumb: :Namaste:

A big kick ass black light poster with mushrooms and elves and shit like that, you can even get em that you color yourself with black light pens, that would add a personal touch to it! IMHO

Back
Top Bottom