My first grow

I may stick one of those new sprouts in to the pot that the loner is sitting frozen in. It probably got a nitrogen lock out or something... He hasn't changed from any of the previous pics.

The bulbs in the round clamp lights are Growler LEDs I bought at the San Diego Fair from a vendor. Google Growler LED. I bought the specific bulbs for plant growing. They were like $20 a piece.

The big tubes are phillips bulbs from home depot for plants and aquariums 40w each, and they put out a respectable amount of light. They were like 10 bucks at most, a piece. They're very economical up front, but they're so big and bulky I'm going to replace em with a bigger LED grow light. The LEDs put out very little heat so you can get em SUPER close to the plants without burning them. :)

Here's the pics! The cluster is looking nice, next time around I'll plant em apart. Being this is my first grow, I'm not too worried about em. They were basically free, after all.

07102009398.jpg

07102009397.jpg

07102009396.jpg

07102009395.jpg

Plants look green and healthy, Good job. are you growing you plants outside with a light clamped to it?

Also what are you going to do if one of the two that you have growing together turns out to be male and the other female. Thats going to be a problem...

Plants look green and healthy, Good job. are you growing you plants outside with a light clamped to it?

Also what are you going to do if one of the two that you have growing together turns out to be male and the other female. Thats going to be a problem...

Let em make seeds so I can grow another batch, if that happens.

So far I haven't NOTICED any males. The cluster is going to be hard to tell. If one pops up in there, I'll just cut em down.

Not bad for mg stuff eh? Guess the organic stuff isn't so awful.

As for the light, yeah it's clamped to the side of the pot. I turn em on at dusk and point them at the scrawniest areas of the plant. Seems to help the undergrowth. The sour diesel is branching out like crazy, that's gonna be a big 'un.

Junior's 5 leaf sections are almost as big as my hands.

The loner still baffles me. It's like he's stuck in stasis or something. Least the clones are growing big fast.

I like your go with the flow attitude. Good luck and I cant wait to see how it all turns out.. + rep

Mystery of the loner solved.

JUNE BUG!!!! A freaking june bug, maybe two, laid eggs and larvae were eating at its roots! Grrrr!

Changed the soil out and replanted em back in the center. I'll be checking the soil now more often for insects. Gonna go get some perilite in a lil bit to help give em some air.

Suggestions for mixing in the perilite?

Decided I'm too lazy to mix in perilite, now. Also, home depot only has the small bags of perilite in the miracle gro brand. Otherwise gotta buy a gargantuan bag. Next time. Don't feel like re-mixing that much soil!

I'll just kick the side of the pots to keep the soil loose. ;)

The sour diesel is starting to look like an xmas tree!

Here's the new Loner. I pulled the smaller one and put it in another pot. If it survives, cool, if not, I'll either plant another seed or go buy another clone.

I'm almost tempted to sell some clones from my clones...

Oh and I built a cheapo shelf and bought some 6500k bulbs for my flourescent. (The bulbs I had were warm like 3000k.

Pics time!

New Loner
07132009406.jpg

Cluster Side View
07132009404.jpg

Cluster Top View
07132009403.jpg

Triplets... I shoulda taken another pic, but too lazy to get another one now. The tall one is about 9 inches tall now.
07132009405.jpg

Sour Diesel
07132009402.jpg

Junior
07132009400.jpg

Should I trim the edges of the leaves on the cluster to help promote undergrowth? They're getting tall and stretching like mad!

If the tiny sprout that I yanked out next to the new loner lives, I'll plant him in the ground. It'd be neat to see how big I can get a dirt plant. Being that I'm in SoCal, I can pretty much grow outdoors year round.

Should I trim the edges of the leaves on the cluster to help promote undergrowth? They're getting tall and stretching like mad!

If the tiny sprout that I yanked out next to the new loner lives, I'll plant him in the ground. It'd be neat to see how big I can get a dirt plant. Being that I'm in SoCal, I can pretty much grow outdoors year round.

You can top them but they look fine to me. You being in southern CA. You have started kind of late. Starting at the end of July to mid Aug. The plants you have outside will start to flower so they will only keep veg growing for at the most a month, month in a half more if you lucky. Keep them healthy because they are going to start flowering before you know it... Good luck..

Didn't have time to take pics till tonight. So here's the potted family at night! No cluster pic tonight, but I'll try and post one tomorrow.

The family!
07142009407.jpg

Sour Diesel
07142009408.jpg

Triplets
07142009409.jpg

Junior
07142009410.jpg

Didn't have time to take pics till tonight. So here's the potted family at night! No cluster pic tonight, but I'll try and post one tomorrow.

Are you growing totally outside with those lights? I think you could probably see those babies from space.. Plants look good. Keep it up..

Are you growing totally outside with those lights? I think you could probably see those babies from space.. Plants look good. Keep it up..

LOL...hey plants looking good...and lights at night will keep them from flowering np.....If people seeing light (in space...HeHe) is problem you might be able to make a cover over shelf with black plastic maybe. Keep up good work and props for first grow :)...keep it green :peace:

I try to keep them in direct light as much as possible. They don't get direct sunlight till a little after 8am, so I turn the lights off at midnight. Those pots get moved around a lot. Look how big the one triplet is, it must think this is a race or somethin... It's looking primarily sativa, too!

Still no real signs of males yet, unless I'm missing it. Would be amazing luck if all those seeds came up female.

Sour Diesel is about 22" tall, Junior (headband) is about 18" tall, tallest triplet is about 10" tall, cluster is around a foot tall.

I'm thinking I'm going to do the flowering stage indoors. Anything wrong with that? I figure about 3 more weeks and I'll start them on 12/12 indoors, with the warm lights and an oscillating fan.
No bugs indoors and easier to control the light. Plus rainy days will have no effect on the light cycle.

Pics! I forgot to take one of the cluster, I'll get one tomorrow.

Junior
07152009411.jpg

Junior's leaves
Notice they're all chewed up, I caught the worm that did that like last week. Lil bastid...
07152009412.jpg

Triplets, look at the tall one go!
07152009413.jpg

Here's the new loner, he's growin decently.
07152009414.jpg

Sour Diesel lookin like a xmas tree.
07152009415.jpg

Sour Diesel's leaves, there's not very many chewed up, thankfully.
07152009416.jpg

Plants are looking very nice. Not sure why you would put them inside. Your plants will start flowering on there own outside in the next few weeks. If you stopped the night lights earlier than that. If you bring them inside. You will probably still have to deal with pest as well as those ladies are going to stink up your whole house unless you have some way to control the oder. Just something to think about. Good luck

You want to change the sun for artificial light? Maybe you have good reasons but I would pick the outdoor than indoor for flowering especially. I, failed outdoor but I will try again next spring, the summer is half gone and no time to find a good spot right now. IMHO I would have to agree with Sonzor again.

Any reason I should consider gradually turning the lights off earlier?

I thought about the odor just as I was getting home from work, today. I coulda swore I could smell them halfway down the street! It's a delicious smell, though.

I'm gonna probably start plans for a small greenhouse, in the backyard. Then I can just use that, for later grows.

I haven't watered them as much for the last week. The pots were seeming rather heavy and soggy, so I cut em off a bit. They've obviously responded positively, since they're freaking huge. Haven't fed them much, either, since I was practically overfeeding them. Figured I'd let them eat up the rest of the nutes before I give em more.

I've been keeping an eye on the triplets, the middle one was starting to look a tad yellow, in the middle, so I gave em some bulb booster last week and mater magic today and it's back to a healthy green. The tallest one has some 7 fingered leaves. It looks like a massively dominant sativa that could be nom nom. It better not end up male!

The cluster is going to be interesting how it grows up.

How much do you think I'll end up from each plant?

Triplets Up Close
07162009423.jpg

Sour Diesel
07162009426.jpg

New Loner
07162009424.jpg

Junior
07162009427.jpg

Close up of the Cluster
07162009429.jpg

Little further out
07162009428.jpg

They're rocking and rollin my friend :headbanger: What about Fox Farms Bug Off for the pests I hear its a good organic based insect repellant.

Back
Top Bottom