My first grow

oneofthemguys

So I STARTED growing just over a month ago, a little after I got my medical card.

I've got an OG Kush/Sour Diesel clone and a strictly Sour Diesel clone.

Also growing some seedlings from some mek I got late last year. How do y'all think they're doin? The seedlings are only a few weeks old at most.

They're all growing in Miracle-Gro organic and get light from sun up, and I give em the grow lights when it's sunset until about midnight. Mater magic and holland bulb booster for nutes.

I only took a picture of the seedlings I call the triplets. I tried transplanting the seedlings last weekend and I tried to put 3 per 10 pot terracotta. The first attempt at triplets, only one ended up surviving. I also planted the big cluster of the seedlings I got in the back yard, didn't feel like getting more pots to take care of. :p

So how do they look?

newb_here_1.jpg

newb_here_2.jpg

newb_here_3.jpg

Little history on all of em.

The first clone I bought is in the second picture. The OG Kush/Sour Diesel clone, the dispensary says at least.

It started off in the miracle grow moisture control and potting mix stuff... Didn't grow very fast in that. Left it in that in the closet for awhile, in a small pot, it was growin like a bonzai plant...

So I went and purchased another clone to grow with it and got a bigger pot and filled it with the organic choice miracle gro. (Home Depot is the closest place so I kind of took what I could get.) I also got some Holland Bulb booster to use for feeding them. They were both planted in one pot, for awhile. They became permanent outdoor plants at this point. Artificial light at "low light" and sunlight during the day.

The Sour Diesel, shown in the first picture, I acquired partially because its roots were ready to go and it looked like it was going to grow to be a monster. When I bought it, it was almost as big as the other one, so I figured they could grow in tandem nicely.

I put them in different pots last week, in fear of them eventually tangling their roots. I put the sour diesel in a larger and deeper pot, in case it decided to get some BIG roots. Also got some mater magic to feed them in alternation with the holland bulb booster.

The sproutlings grew in the same miracle gro crap that the first clone started in, but I've since moved them to only organic. A few have died in the process. Oh well, the seeds were free.

Here they are today. Also included is the loner and the cluster.

07052009357.jpg

Loner
07052009358.jpg

Triplets
07052009356.jpg

Sour Diesel
07052009354.jpg

"Junior" (OG Kush/Sour Diesel)
07052009353.jpg

The Cluster

looking good can't wait to see the results check my ladies out if you get a chance

You can remove the aluminum foil. It can create hot spots on your plant. You should try to get your triplets into separate pots. They will compete for root space which is really counter productive for growth. They will end up drowning each other out. ;-) They do look good!

Yes, not sure that foil is a good idea. I don't think the sun needs any help from the tin. Also I don't think its a great idea to have multiple plants in the same pot. Otherwise it looks like you plants are very healthy cant wait to see them grow.. Good luck..

Props for getting your card and growing your own medicine!! Ms. Fox and Sonzor are not steering you wrong with their comments at all.

No this next lil section will be IMO:

If you get A++ genetics, don't grow them with MG. Its not MJ friendly, and its for sure worth the effort to invest in some Fox Farm or something comparable. I will stress though that I think they still look really good and green!! Keep it up!!

Tin Foil is mostly for the lights in the evening and it seems to help prevent the pots from drying out.

I bought the clones already rooted, when I bought em, just had to stick em in the dirt. The Sour Diesel had some NICE roots when I bought it, that's partially why I got it.

2 of those triplets are kinda intertwined already. The ones I have seperated from the cluster were the only ones I was confident in surviving the seperation. Several seedlings died after transplantation. :( The loner was originally triplets and there were two more seedlings growing in a smaller pot, they both died, too.

Two more seedlings have broken ground, though!

I found a couple of really wilted leaves on junior this morning. They were drooped and really green and really smelly, I cut them off. What caused that?

I've only been shopping at home depot. I'm having trouble finding Fox Farm nearby. Any namebrand soils I can trust? I've read about not using Miracle-Gro, but I've heard the organic stuff isn't too bad, which is what I'm using.

The loner seems to be a bit yellow and has slowed its growing, suggestions?

As for watering, I'm mainly just giving the big ones maybe a pint to a quart of water a day. Some days a lil more on the Sour Diesel, because it has a huge pot. Sound about right?

What should I do to get the bugs to quit nibbling the leaves?

07082009385.jpg

07082009382.jpg

07082009380.jpg

07082009379.jpg

07072009377.jpg

07072009376.jpg

This is where the really drooped leaves were. They were slightly curled back and drooped like they were dead, but were still VERY green.
07082009386.jpg

First off I would try to find some supersoil. They have it at home depot. Second I would remove the foil. I think it only can hurt. As for the droopy leaves. In my experience which is not much as a new grower. When I have droopy leaves I was watering too much. Try cutting back on the water until the top two inches of soil are dry. It does not look like you are having an over feeding issue cause your leaves look very healthy and green. But with the MG soil I would watch very close. Anyway take what I say with a grain of salt. I am also new and learning something new every day... Good Luck..

Also about the bugs. I use a foliar spay of compost and worm casting tea. But if you do not have that I would go get some liquid kelp. Mix a teaspoon with a gallon of water and spay the leaves top and bottom once a weak or once every other weak. It really help wit the pest problem. I know people spray with neam oil and other store bought solutions. But I try to keep it as organic as possible and the kelp seems to work for me. Give the leaves a good drench they will droop at first but they will love it in the end. Give it a try, It works for me...

Foil is gone on the big ones, but I've left it on the little ones for at night.

Neam oil eh? The heck is in that?

Next batch will def go in better soil. Anything wrong with the mater magic and holland bulb booster I'm usin? They're 8-5-5 and 9-9-9, if I recall.

Not sure about the nutes. I only use my home made organics. Worm casting, compost and teas. I do buy Bat guano, fish fertilizer and kelp that I ad to my teas. Im sure someone will chime in who know a little more about the ferts you are talking about. Good luck.

Pics!

BTW all of these pics have been taken with my phone, a Nokia E71, 3.2mp AF.

Alright the loner hasn't grown AT ALL in like a week, if I recall. What's up with him? He's stiff and has some yellow leaves on top but has plenty of water and the stalk is green... He doomed?

What's up with the image upload inconsistency? I'm having trouble uploading SOME images, but not all... EDIT: Figured it out... uploader doesn't like pics having empty borders...

Notice the big triplet and the one all the way to the left seem to be sativa, while the one in the middle seems to be indica. All seedlings are from bag seed from REALLY awful stuff, probably from mexico.

Newbs
07092009388.jpg

Junior
junior07092009.jpg

Triplets
triplets0709.jpg

Sour Diesel
diesel07092009.jpg

Cluster
cluster07092009.jpg

Reminiscing... Found some older photos in the phone. I needa clear some of these out...

This is Junior when I FIRST got her as a clone... Well it may be a few days after, but yeah.(5/22/09)
05222009212.jpg

Nother angle(5/30/09)
05302009249.jpg

Here's a pic of RIGHT after I got the sour diesel clone. I just planted them in what's now Junior's pot. (6/14/09)
06142009293.jpg

This looks like it was taken on the 19th of June, according to the file name. (6/19/09)
06192009303.jpg

Here's a pic of that cluster I have in the backyard right after they started sprouting. Kinda blurry. (6/19/09)
06192009309.jpg

Here's the dynamic duo on the 22nd, day after Summer Solstice.
06222009316.jpg

The sprouts that day!
06222009317.jpg

Junior's leaves starting to get large. See those two sprouts in there? They both died when I transplanted them. :( (6/28/09)
06282009335.jpg

Here's the sour diesel right after the divorce. (6/30/09)
06302009341.jpg

Here they are a couple days before I started this journal.
07022009344.jpg

Looking good!, the loner is probably having issues with it's root system. Most likely due to lack of air, the under soil stays moist too long and the roots get moldy. That combined with their added nutes really isn't a happy inviroment for their roots :-(

In my experience so far, the two most important things are good soil with some additional perlite for better breathing, and pH balanced water. With these to requirements met mj will thrive! My only problem is humidity, due to my geographical location relative humidity averages in the low 20's or even teens. Running a evaprotive cooler 24/7 gets it up in the 40's to 50's.

I'm watching this one like a hawk :popcorn:

once germed put sprouts alone in pot that you dont need too worry for awhile on replanting,every germed sprout should get its own cup,I put mine in keg cups already slit down the sides so when I go into pot the cup opens like a book-leave a little at top to snip open and make sure its dry when you open ,comes out 1 single piece.

Back
Top Bottom