My first grow

One of the good things about these plants is they will tell you when they are hungry, they will tell you when they are thirsty, they will tell you when they are full or have overeaten, they tell you when they are too hot or too cold, and if you treat them good and keep them happy and healthy they will return the favor with lots of green, sticky stinky, love.

Its hard to say how much you will get from each plant. It really depends on so many things. But feed them the right amount and the right stuff at the right times and keep them happy and they will give you all they can.

Good luck

I'm guessing keeping track of them daily is probably preventing me from making too many mistakes, eh?

I'm hoping...

It's hard sitting back and watching and waiting thinking "Oh man these are going to be soooooo yummy..."

So around the end of the month I should probably cut off the night light eh?

its totally up to you. The longer you keep those light on at night the bigger you plants will get. WHen you do turn off those lights they should start to flower pretty soon and will double or triple is size from there. Good luck, keep up the good work...

Double or triple in size during flowering?

Think Junior's pot is big enough? I know the Sour Diesel's is, but that one is looking like a midget in comparison to the plant.

So update for today! Sorry no pics because I didn't feel there was enough noticable growth between yesterday and today, to warrant it.

The triplets so far all LOOK to be female. I'll likely get them a bigger pot in a few weeks to transplant them in to. I doubt I'll be able to seperate them, but I'm not too worried about it, they'll grow big enough.

The Loner did grow a bit today and is looking healthy.

Remember the tiny sprout that was growing with the loner? I literally YANKED it out from its original pot and stuck it in the current pot. I've decided to name it the midget, because it's growing like a midget so far. The leaves are tiny, BUT IT'S GROWING! I didn't even expect it to grow, but when it refused to die after a couple of days I decided to give it a chance. So now it's still tiny, but it's producing more leaves, so it'll get bigger soon.

Sour diesel is creepin up on 2 feet tall and junior is about 20" tall, still. If they allegedly double in size during flowering, I might be somewhat scared of how big they can get haha. Gonna be a pain to keep the bugs off of something that big... Def better get that repellent soon.

Junior REALLY wants to flower, but there's still a few branches I want to fully grow before I let her. Letting it grow bigger can't hurt it, can it?

Now the cluster... I'm somewhat worried that a few of those may be male. They don't have a lot of leaves and I'm having a hard time seeing pistils. One has very few leaves because a snail ate a bunch when it was young haha... They're all growing tall and stretching like crazy towards the sun. What would suck more is if they all ended up male... Least it's only dirt weed grown from bag seed, so I won't feel too bad.

Should be it.

Took some pics this mornin.

Here's one I think may end up male.
07182009436.jpg

Here's the whole cluster
07182009435.jpg

How about the whole family?
07182009430.jpg

I loosely tied junior's branches to the edges of the pot to get her to go outward more.
07182009432.jpg

I did the same with the tall triplet. I'll probably get them a bigger pot later in the week, when they dry out more. I should have plenty of soil to put them in a pot the size of junior's.
07182009431.jpg

I <3 the Sour Diesel. It grows like a christmas tree on its own! She's going to produce some sweet bud, she's got a bunch of pre-flowers all over and is just screaming to flower haha. TOO BAD! YOU GROW BIGGER!

07182009433.jpg

Here's the New Loner and the Midget. Note: These were planted as seeds at EXACTLY the same time. However, they were planted together in the same hole.
07182009434.jpg

The SD is looking very nice, looks like its going to be a very nice plant for you, Great job and cant wait to see it all grown up...

Oy the weekend wrecked havoc.

I think the heat is burning em and they had a bit of a spill on sunday!

That piece of crap shelf I got from home depot swayed, while I was putting them on the shelf, and they fell through, the triplets got pretty messed up from it, but I think they may come through. The new loner seems pretty hopeless.

Today they seem to have gotten worse so I stuck them in the dirt as soon as I got home from work. Hopefully mother nature can repair what I accidentally damaged. :(

The cluster is doing VERY well, so I can only hope that they'll also be ok in the soil. The triplets were definitely ready for a transplant, the roots were at the edges of the soil, in the pot.

Since this tragedy has decided to occur, I'm leaving the lights off and letting the girls flower. Junior and the Sour Diesel have already started their flowering, too. The white hairs are becoming rather plentiful and the ends of the stems are just in that ready to bud position. Might as well let them. The sun shall now be their only source of light.

Guess that means any grows I do in the future will have to mostly be indoors...

Some of these pictures may be too graphic for some to handle... :(
07202009438.jpg

07202009439.jpg

07202009440.jpg

07202009441.jpg

07202009442.jpg

07202009443.jpg

07202009444.jpg

Most look pretty good and I am sure they will survive. That little one is probably too small to handle the heat. Give it some water and maybe some shade from the mid day sun and heat and it might pull through. Good luck, I am sure you will be fine...

I am keeping the leaves spritz'd with water, at least. Hoping that keeps em cool.

I planted them on the same wall that the cluster is on, so they'll likely get similar amounts of shade. I may move the clones in to the shade for the hotter parts of the day.

The heat seemed to hit fast. That or placing them in the middle of the yard is a lot hotter than where I had them before. Oh well, they'll likely survive fine in the ground. The midget is still holding up, but it's still tiny.

I've got plenty of random seeds, so it's not like I can't do another round in a month.

No pics today, twas too tragic. Had to cut down the middle triplet, all of the leaves were basically dead. :(

The big triplet will probably survive, the other one MIGHT. The loner looks more likely to survive, than the other triplet, at this point.

The Midget looks healthier than any of them haha.

Cluster is gettin big, still no signs of males.

Junior and Sour Diesel... well they're big as usual. I moved them back to the other side of the house because there's more wind over there.

Once this heat starts going away I'll likely start another outdoor potted grow. My next one will have to be indoors, though. Be way too hard to get seedlings to survive this heat.

So there's some positive news.

The two surviving triplets are showing new leaves, so I think they'll be ok.

I think all of the plants part of the cluster are over a foot tall. There's like 6 or 7 growing in there so they're pretty tall.

I've got a few leaves that have odd marks on them. I'm not sure if this is from bugs, nutrients, or just heat. I'm guessing heat, but maybe bugs...

Clones are showing lotsa white hairs. I'm salivating just watching them haha. The sour diesel is over 2 feet tall now.

Two Triplets surviving.
07242009455.jpg

The mighty cluster!
07242009456.jpg

Dynamic clone duo!
07242009457.jpg

Here's the leaves that are damaged, what is this?
07242009458.jpg

07242009459.jpg

So there's some positive news.

The two surviving triplets are showing new leaves, so I think they'll be ok.

I think all of the plants part of the cluster are over a foot tall. There's like 6 or 7 growing in there so they're pretty tall.

I've got a few leaves that have odd marks on them. I'm not sure if this is from bugs, nutrients, or just heat. I'm guessing heat, but maybe bugs...

Clones are showing lotsa white hairs. I'm salivating just watching them haha. The sour diesel is over 2 feet tall now.

Here's the leaves that are damaged, what is this?
07242009458.jpg

07242009459.jpg

Not totally sure but I found this on Wikipedia,
Leaf miner is a term used to describe the larvae of many different species of insect which live in and eat the leaf tissue of plants. The vast majority of leaf-mining insects are moths (Lepidoptera) and flies (Diptera), though some beetles and wasps also exhibit this behavior.
Like Woodboring beetles, leaf miners are protected from many predators and plant defenses by feeding within the tissues of the leaves themselves, selectively eating only the layers that have the least amount of cellulose. In attacking Quercus robur (English oak) they also selectively feed on tissues containing lower levels of tannin, a deterrent chemical produced in great abundance by the tree.[1]
The precise pattern formed by the feeding tunnel is very often diagnostic for which kind of insect is responsible, sometimes even to genus level. The mine often contains frass, or droppings, and the pattern of frass deposition, mine shape and host plant identity are useful to determine the species of leaf miner. A few mining insects utilise other parts of a plant, such as the surface of a fruit.
Some patterns of leaf variegation are part of a defense strategy employed by plants to deceive adult leaf miners into thinking that the leaf has already been predated. [2]

180px-Leaf_mining.jpg

Insects then. I've been catching a few, and caught one right where one seemed to be forming.

Not TOO worried, in that case, then. Had it been a nute issue, I'd be pullin hairs.

The root system for the sour diesel has to be massive... The Trunk is probably thicker than my finger...

Went out and found the lil bastard eating the sour diesel leaves!

The one attacking the cluster is still at large, though.

AAARRRGGHHH!!! I hates them bugs, I went on a walk about today along a creek behind a friends house and found a possible spot for my next grow outdoors, for next spring. The only thing that worry's me is the bugs but if it dosn't rain so much like this year I think it'll be OK.
Good luck bud with the bugs and the rest of the grow.

So a little update. Been gone a couple days.

The other small triplet died off over the weekend. The larger one still seems to be fine.

The cluster is getting BIG. Some of them are probably nearly 2 feet tall, if not already. Still no sign of males, I don't see any balls where there would be hairs.

I MIGHT have damaged junior. I was trying to train the branches a little more and I accidentally tugged a bit hard on one branch and it started splitting, it didn't split all the way off, though. So I tied the branch the opposite way I was going to and tied it to one to hold it up and bring the branch back to the trunk. Think it'll be ok?

The Sour diesel is as wide as it is tall... almost. It's 26 inches tall and 24 inches wide. Looks so nom nom.

Pics a lil later... I smoked some Misty and am a tad baked. :p

Sorry about the death, It sounds like you still have some healthy plants to work with. Good luck, Also you can make a splint for that broken branch. It will have a good chance at recovering. Good luck again... Looks like we are going to get some cooler weather, so that will help..

Back
Top Bottom