My first grow

Plants are looking great. If I could give you one suggestion is. Before you pull what you think could be a male, wait until you are sure. You have time before they drop their pollen and there will be no mistake that its a male. So it would not hurt to make sure. You have spent a lot of time to grow your plants so you really should not be in any hurry to pull them.

Well I yanked 2 of the 7 that were in the cluster, which is too bad because they were decent size. Definitely male, though.

Less fingers on the leaves, no white hairs, just little things that looked like nuts near the nodes.

Two of the ones in the cluster I've confirmed to be female, 2 I'm still unsure, then there's that midget one that just hangs out at the bottom. I've given that little one more light now that a couple of big ones are out of the way.

The surviving triplet is definitely female! Spotted white hairs in several places now, so very happy about that.

Got a couple of pots with only ONE seed each germinating now. I just drop the seed in the soil about an inch deep and keep it wet and in the sun. That's how all of my other ones have germinated. :)

Then there's the actual midget that's all by itself. It's growing steadily now. I'll leave the documentation of it up to the next grow journal.

Once I harvest the clones I'm going to close this journal and start another focused on the mystery seeds and another for when I acquire some new clones.

Speaking of clones! The buds are so big! How long till I should harvest Junior? Any idea how long it'll continue to flower before it gets rotten? The Sour Diesel is a few weeks behind it.

Interesting discovery today.

The biggest one in the cluster looks like it may be a hermie. I plucked what looked likely to be a spore pod. Squished in my fingers and some juice came out, so I can only assume that must be a spore pod.

I don't want to cut the he/she down, but I'm guessing it became hermie due to being in a cluster.

I've a feeling the other 3 big ones in the cluster will likely develope similarly.

I'm not too worried about the spores hitting the clones, since I'll likely be harvesting the clones before those spores go flying.

The triplet survivor looks all female, so I'm not going to attribute the hermie to genetics... yet.

It's cloudy and icky out, so I'll wait till tomorrow to take some pics. The buds are getting purdy big!

Oh and I picked up some blue dream and platinum og kush today... I'll be having a great night!

Definitely hermaphrodite, if this is what I think it is!

Hunk of junk camera.... I'll try and get better ones.

08222009534.jpg

After a little investigating I only found a few areas where spore pods were emerging, and only on the one plant. So I just cut off the branch extensions that had the male bit growing off of em. I'll keep an eye out in case of more spore pods. *fingers crossed*

Pictures worth 1000 words...

The dynamic duo
DSCF09861.JPG

Junior's flowers
DSCF0987.JPG

DSCF09881.JPG

DSCF09892.JPG

Sour Diesel flowers
DSCF09901.JPG

DSCF09911.JPG

DSCF0992.JPG

DSCF0993.JPG

Triplet survivor
DSCF0994.JPG

DSCF0999.JPG

Cluster (the tallest is the castrated hermaphrodite)
DSCF09951.JPG

DSCF0996.JPG

DSCF09971.JPG

DSCF0998.JPG

Great job so far man!

I absolutely LOVE the way outdoor plants look. They are always so full and look so damn happy! Mother nature, you da shit!

The newer pics I've been mostly taking with an actual camera. The camera is better for outdoors, while my camera phone seems to do better indoors. They're the same megapixel count, though, 3.2. Needa get a real camera one of these days.

Sneak preview for the next journal:

Midget isn't so midgetty now, 2 seeds have broken ground, waiting on the third.

So how long till I should harvest Junior? Should I start watering with just distilled water now? Some of the big leaves in the undergrowth are starting to die.

08282009542.jpg

Hah how big ya think they'll get to when it's ready to be plucked? I took a sample of a part that had a lot of carmel color to the hairs and let it cure for a few days. Smoked it last night and it was NIIIIICE. ;)

Definitely don't want to let any of this go to waste.

Means I gotta dig up my pocket microscope...

Oh hai how about some pics?!

So this morning I found THREE praying mantises on my mailbox. I carefully captured them with tupperware and a piece of paper and took them to the back yard!

One I put on Junior
DSCF1000.jpg

DSCF1001.jpg

DSCF1006.jpg

One on the lone triplet
DSCF1002.jpg

One on the cluster
DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

Grrrr were a BUNCH of catepillars all over a section of junior today! There were a few that were pretty big, too. So I'm not sure how long they've been there, but it seems like they popped up almost overnight.

Junior has been further from the house for a few days, so I'm thinking the spiders aren't covering her like they are the Sour Diesel. So I've moved her back toward the house so that spiders get on her more at night, to prevent the damn flies from laying the eggs.

Make sense? Get closer, more spiders, pervent flies from laying eggs, and, hopefully, less catepillars.

Anyways, since the catepillars basically killed some of the buds' stems, I have bud that's already plucked for me! I've smoked some of it and ohhhhh man is it NICE. Nom nomz!

Sorry to hear about the nature problems. I like the praying mantis's though! Junior's looking really good. The buds you got should hold the temptation of harvesting right now haha
Can we get an expert though to say when to harvest? It'd be nice.

Too bad those mantises didn't stick around too long :(

So I've plucked MANY caterpillars now. Oy I think those stunted the bud growth. Now that I've been regularly plucking and checking they seem to be getting much bigger faster, the ones that aren't molested!

I'll probably get some neem oil tomorrow. That'll kill those lil buggers.

Anything wrong with using BT? I hear it kills em pretty fast.
BTW the bud tastes and hits EXCELLENT. :D

Miracle gro organic choice + grows more organic tomato food = win

Sour Diesel is uninfested, amazingly. *knock on wood*

Sorry to hear about the bug problem. I also have those little green monster and they can do a lot of damage so keep a close eye on them. The plants look great. Great job and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom