My First Indoor Grow

rockinchair

This is my first indoor grow. I am trying to grow a few plants for my uncle who has cancer.
20140129_180323.jpg
20140129_180323.jpg
20140129_180323.jpg

If you look closely you will see one of the leaves is curled in the middle. Does anyone know why. These seedlings are at three weeks. What am I doing wrong.

:welcome: Rockinchair and congratulations on starting you first grow and your first journal here on :420:

Your plants look lovely. ;-)
When you have some time could you post some information on your grow such as Strains, soil mix, nutrients you will be using, and lighting..etc. etc.?
Information about how you are growing will help members to help you if you run into questions. :thumb:
Again, looks good. :) Did you start from seed or clones?

Sure, I started from seed . I don't know the strain, they came from a old timer that said it was fifth generation. I started my seeds in jiffy cups and the picture is three days after transplant. Im using potting soil acquired from a local nursery. Im growing under cfl lights in an old egg incubator. Which allows me to control humidity and temp. Im using a very weak mixture of miracle grow spraying on leaves when they start to droop. And im watering with plain water when the soil looks like it is drying out.

Thanks rockinchair.
Personally I would stop spraying the Miracle Grow on the young plants, we'll see what other opinions are. I've read on many occasions that MG can be too "hot" for young plants. This is just my thoughts.
How close are the CFL's to the plants? You want to be sure they aren't getting too much heat as that can cause curling and cupping of the leaves. Place your hand just above the plants under the light and if your hand gets uncomfortable then the light is too hot/too close.
CFL's can be much closer than other types of lighting, but there is still a too close in some situations depending on the type of bulb.
This is all I can really comment on with the information. Do you have good air exchange in the incubator? You need fresh air in and old air out.
:thumb:

What would you recommend for leaf feeding. My cfl are about three inches above the seedlings. My temps in the box are around 80.

I can't really answer on the leaf feeding, I've not done any foliar type of sprays on my grows. Yet. LOL So, will need to wait to see what the people who use them have to suggest. Maybe the dilution rate of MG you are using is fine, I can't say for sure.
I don't see anything on the plants that can't be fixed once it's nailed down though. I think you've provided the most important info now that others will need to asses things. :thumb:

This is my first indoor grow. I am trying to grow a few plants for my uncle who has cancer.
20140129_180323.jpg
20140129_180323.jpg
20140129_180323.jpg

In my experience watching cfl grows of friends and whatnot those plants are VERY small for 3 weeks. I'm going to be broad and say you either don't have enough light, or it is too far away (which I think would cause them to stretch more than they have so I'm fairly certain you just need more). I would not recommend Foliar spraying on your first grow due to the fact that it is an advanced method of fertilizing that hasn't even been proven to be more beneficial than root fertilizing for cannabis. The drooping could be caused by too much, or too little water. Not bad for just jumping into it tho friend! We will be here to help you along the way.

I can also see a weed growing in one of your pots, seed most likely came from the nursery you got your soil from. Not a huge deal, just watch out for them as they can cause some major problems in the near future. Just pull it out and you will be good to go.

And by the color it looks like you are using souly 2700kelvin bulbs... Now don't get me wrong, owe do work for veg... Bt not very well. Pick up some 6500kelvin spectrum and you will see 3x the vegetative growth. Then for flowering switch back to MOSTLY 2700k but with a little bit of 6500k as well for prime results.

Haha thank you! Just doing my best to help spread the information I have found to be accurate. Tho skepticism is always welcomed as it will only force me to further my research ;)

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom