My First Time: AK47 & Gold Bar Kush

I took a photo of each of the three plants I have flowering that are "getting close". I want to see if they are large enough to see the color of the trichromes.

Nope, I don't reckon there is enough detail to tell the trichrome colors.

The Girl Scout Crack from @SeedsMan proved to be a really nice plant to grow. Her yield will be good for the pot size. If the flowers are of the quality I think they might be this strain is a keeper. I've found in the last couple years that @SeedsMan has what I look for in a breeder. Good quality genetics with seeds with a high rate of germination. They're prices are very fair. And thus far shipping with them has been spot on with a 100% success rate. Nice to be able to speak highly of a site sponsor.

Beez, your flowers are beautiful. Love the colors too. I spent a while on my garden tonight. I worked in the veg tent and put a few clones into pots. There wasn't room for everybody to go back in so one of the IIP clones went to flower in the 36" tent along with the chem91 x ADC. The IIP got sprayed with STS. I'll hit her with it again in a couple days. The 36" tent got a second swick put in for the new residents. I could probably write more but I'm sampling the IIP and typing thoughts that make sense isn't so easy right now. Lol. I'll add pics of all three tents.

Veg tent

IMG_20190501_210240.jpg

36" flower tent with the partially harvested IIP, small IIP clone for the sex change, and Chem91 x ADC.
IMG_20190501_205922.jpg

IMG_20190501_205856.jpg

Most of the 32" tent. Not much has changed there in the last couple days.
IMG_20190501_210036.jpg

I turned out the awful blurple and found out that the NLxDDA is the green pheno.
IMG_20190429_185217.jpg

I'm glad your NL X DDA turned out to be the green pheno .
What would be the main reason you prefer the green pheno over the purple? I have only grown out one and she was purple. I thought she was decent smoke, but I haven't had the chance to grow anymore out.

What would be the main reason you prefer the green pheno over the purple?

Well, if I'm to speak of the main reason it would be because the purple pheno is just as you stated....."decent smoke". The green pheno carries that delicious DDA flavor and aroma (the buds smell delicious) all through flowering and consumption. The difference being (in my opinion only so far till @MrGreene harvests and samples his) that the smoke has a stronger effect on me. I don't get the sativa jitters from it either which is a plus. The high from the green pheno is more potent and lasts probably 30% longer.

So I guess (and just a guess on my part) that the green pheno allows more of the aroma and flavor of the DDA to shine through, but also allows more of the potency of the Northern Lights to come to the surface unimpeded.

To me the purple pheno while it tastes and smells really nice it sort of seems the potency of both the DDA and NL are clashing........and this clash seems to prevent either strain from expressing themself fully in the THC department.

Last night I plucked the very first seed off of the Royal Gorilla plant I'm flowering currently. I pollinated a single good sized bud with pollen from the reversed Chemdawg plant I grew out recently. The seed was surprisingly a bit past prime maturity (In my opinion) but still top quality. So today even though the bud still has another week to 10 days to go I went ahead and harvested the bud and searched through it for seeds. I was tickled pink to find 39 seeds in the one good sized bud. I need to start coming up with names for these crosses as Chemdawg X Royal Gorilla is a mouthful. Some of these seeds have a bit of an odd shape to them which I'm confident won't cause any problems.
Although this Royal Gorilla plant doesn't have a whole ton of crystals the stuff sure is sticky. I had to scrape off the resin/pistils/green matter from my fingers several times just breaking up on big bud and feeling around for the seeds. I don't smoke it but know someone who would love it.

After almost two weeks away from my garden I came back to find that the swicks were still damp and the plants were happy enough although a bit wild. I cut down the NL x DDA and the Chemdawg last night. The rest of the big IIP will come down soon. I'm still spraying the little IIP with STS when I can.

IMG_20190515_212435.jpg

IMG_20190515_212550.jpg

IMG_20190515_212658.jpg

I also did some research on vape juice. I picked up a new vape and some watermelon Kush CBD juice while I was traveling and decided it was time to make some THC oil when I got home. It was a pretty easy process. I'll see if I took enough pics to write something up soon. In the meantime I'll be trying out this first batch which made about 30ml of juice.

IMG_20190516_234527.jpg

IMG_20190517_231004.jpg

So where are the pictures of the NL X DDA and Chemdawg you cut down? Don't you take pre chop photos out of the purple lights? I would have liked to have seen a few photos of the NL X DDA to see how it grew out.
They came down quickly and I forgot to take pics. They're both drying in cardboard boxes since I've been defrosting the green fridge getting it ready for the IIP. The NL x DDA had a long and heavy main cola. It had been green but changed to dark while I was away.

I spent a couple hours tonight organizing the tents and dealing with the remains of a couple of plants. One of them was the GelatOG that I had treated with colloidal silver. The treated branch and a few small buds had been left and it was still in the small flower tent. I picked apart what was left and found 6 seeds and dropped one of them. It took an hour of searching in an area as big as my hand to finally find it. The pic was taken while one was still hiding.

IMG_20190525_214228.jpg

There was also a tiny Quarter Pounder Auto x Gorilla Glue Auto that never would grow. When moving the remains of Chemdawg I noticed something unusual. The tap root from one of them grew through the swick and into the container of the other one. I never expected to see that. I've left it alone for now and will try to see who it belongs to when I have some time.

IMG_20190525_222542.jpg

In the meantime all the girls in the 24" tent were out of room so they got relocated into the 32" tent and the timer changed to 18/6.

IMG_20190525_221234.jpg

I also took a couple of cuttings from candida tonight.

The 36" tent is the only flower tent now and the 24" tent has been packed up. I'll need to get rid of some old dirt soon and wash out a few pots. I'm too tired to do it tonight.

SO what have you got flowering currently, @MrGreene ? I just put the last of four plants into my flowering tent yesterday. Each one is about 10 days behind the other. I'm thinking that after these are run I might go back to flowering just one plant at a time. Running four at a time makes it difficult to get to each plant and they get packed really tight in the tent which can't be good for quality or quantity I'm thinking. I may run multiple flowering plants if they are run 12/12 from seed...…...strains of which I have a multitude of seeds.

Those QP auto X Tangerine Dream auto......they looking like they're going to amount to anything worthwhile? You're the first to grow them out. The QP auto X Gorilla Glue auto I believe is a winner. I'm thinking of finding an auto that is as close to being a pure indica as I can find. I'm thinking if I were to reverse that plant and pollinate a couple of the QP auto x Gorilla Glue auto plants the resulting offspring (some of them) could grow some buds that are more dense. I bred the QP X GG for potency and now want to take it further and see if I can change the bud structure.

They're starting to pack on some weight. They're only about a foot tall and haven't had the best attention or light. They've been moved a couple times to wherever I could squeeze them in. Should still produce a decent amount for small plants in two liters though.

It can see how it would be easy to spend a couple years refining a strain to be just what you want. It would be a fun experiment though.

I snapped the quick picture of the Chem 91 X Cherry Aliendawg tonight at lights out. She is at flip + 31 days today. I harvested her mom at day 68 post flip and feel it was the perfect time for that plant. We'll see what this one says.

Everything you see on the left side of the tent is the Black Cherry Punch. She is at flip + 17 days today. Just now starting to put out some buds. She's getting really close to the light so I'm hoping she finishes stretching here pretty quick. I can do some rigging and get the light up maybe another 4-5 inches if I have to do it but it would be a pain.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day.

Back
Top Bottom