My First Time Growing

I was looking at a grow by Emilya where she added strong supplemental light for 4 hours during the middle of her flowering day. I am strongly considering building 'saddlebags' to hang at an andgle over my HPS flowering light with an LED panel on each side pointed towards the flowering girls. I don't spend much time in the flowering room, especially not during the middle of the flowering day, so this might be a way to use those dusty lights.

Thanks for spurring me to seriously contemplate action :)

I mostly posted my idea to try to get my butt in gear and use the lights :)

It worked!

Today after work, I actually got into gear and made saddlebag lights :)

20160318_172531.jpg

20160318_172544.jpg

I like your experiment, Smoke. I felt the same as you. I topped one of my girls, dipped it in rooting hormone and just stuck it in seedling mix and kept it moist. When it wilted, I put a DVD spindle cover over it. It's not clear like yours, but it let in enough light to get her to root. I told myself the same thing - it can't hurt to try. Almost 4 weeks later, I noticed it brushing the sides of the dome, so I knew it took!
clone_dome1.JPG

Good Job, JimmieJ :goodjob::thumb:

Good luck with the window. Tiny leaks turn into big leaks, glad she caught it!

It turns out I just need to put some weather stripping on it to fix, I just have to wait for it to dry up first. I am going to be taking it easy the rest of the night, I twisted a little funny and didn't feel pain really, but just think I'm going to baby it just for tonight so it doesn't aggravate my back and I can avoid any problems. But Thank You, I see you've gotten a couple more posts. I thought you would like having a journal! Talk to you later!

Smokey

Hi all, I took a peek at my plants before lights out and Jordan (#3) is really showing his balls in my opinion. I snapped 2 shots for you guys to confirm, here they are when you get a chance to look:

Jordan_looks_male_2.jpg
Jordan_looks_male.jpg
It sure looks the way I pictured a male. Let me know what you think at your convenience please. I can see pistils on Minnie (#4) but they are still small enough that I couldn't get a good pic of them yet, but will. Minnie looks absolutely nothing like Jordan. I'm going back to reclining, but wlll check for replies every so often as I'm taking it easy on my back just for tonight. BTW, these were taken and are right side up, but I had to bend the stalk over to get it in front of the magnifying glass. I also got previous confirmation that Jordan was likely a male and to take some more pictures to be sure a little later.

Good pic and yep, that is looking like boy parts are showing up. I bet in the morning they will be undeniable. I would be planning the execution quite soon. The ones one branch up look even more defined to me. Always makes me think of...

Come, Mister tally man, tally me banana
Daylight come and me wan' go home

Bob ;)

Good pic and yep, that is looking like boy parts are showing up. I bet in the morning they will be undeniable. I would be planning the execution quite soon. The ones one branch up look even more defined to me. Always makes me think of...

Bob ;)

:amen:

Deep River,
The grow is over Jordan.
Deep River, Smoke.
He needs to cross over into campground

:rip:

(My dad sang a deep, full bass that made this song rumble :) )

Bob ;)

:amen:

Deep River,
The grow is over Jordan.
Deep River, Smoke.
He needs to cross over into campground

:rip:

(My dad sang a deep, full bass that made this song rumble :) )

Thanks guys! I had figured on a small bonfire for his "crossing over". I figure if I get it hot and going good he won't be in it long enough to cause any problems with smell. My voice is nice and deep also..... too bad I'm tone deaf! :thanks:

Bob ;)

:rip: Dude... chop him and get him out of there... Sorry Smoke but it is most certainly a boy....:circle-of-love:

I hope you and the Mrs have a blessed and green day my friend...:high-five:...:circle-of-love:

He's as good as gone, after I saw the posts, I am just waiting for lights on (about 30-45 minutes) and he is done. Decided to try a fire and burn him into nothingness (I enjoy a good rolling fire {obviously}) unless anyone has had problems with burning them? The village can tell just by looking at the garbage where it came from, so that's definitely NOT the way to go. I was using duct tape a couple years ago to close garbage bags and actually received a letter (to our address alone, neighbors never got one) explaining to us not to do that anymore. :rip: Jordan!

Thanks guys! I had figured on a small bonfire for his "crossing over". I figure if I get it hot and going good he won't be in it long enough to cause any problems with smell. My voice is nice and deep also..... too bad I'm tone deaf! :thanks:

I have no idea what green marijuana leaf smoke would smell like - probably not something you want to experience in your house.

If you you have a private yard, outdoor under a few branches is good.
If you have a rabbit or guinea pig, they will eat the leaves.
If you have only indoors, you could hang dry and crush the leaves to hide their distinctive shape before disposing - call it practice for your first harvest.

I'm sure others have better stealth ideas. My leaves go into the worm bin. I throw my main stalks into a quiet spot along the river.

I have no idea what green marijuana leaf smoke would smell like - probably not something you want to experience in your house.

If you have only indoors, you could hang dry and crush the leaves to hide their distinctive shape before disposing - call it practice for your first harvest.

I'm sure others have better stealth ideas. My leaves go into the worm bin. I throw my main stalks into a quiet spot along the river.

I have a privacy fence around my back yard, with some cover (not lots), but I just figured if the fire was going good enough and I put some gas on the plant itself and throw it in....... it won't last long and I miss a good fire! But I will think about the one where I hang it until dry and crush it up (that's how I got rid of all the leaves I've def-oiled and flushed them a little at a time.

He's as good as gone, after I saw the posts, I am just waiting for lights on (about 30-45 minutes) and he is done. Decided to try a fire and burn him into nothingness (I enjoy a good rolling fire {obviously}) unless anyone has had problems with burning them? The village can tell just by looking at the garbage where it came from, so that's definitely NOT the way to go. I was using duct tape a couple years ago to close garbage bags and actually received a letter (to our address alone, neighbors never got one) explaining to us not to do that anymore. :rip: Jordan!

RIP Jordan

I love the rabbit food idea, but I don't have a rabbit. Do you suppose there's enough THC in the leaves that a rabbit would consider it a special treat?:yummy:

I love the rabbit food idea, but I don't have a rabbit. Do you suppose there's enough THC in the leaves that a rabbit would consider it a special treat?:yummy:

From what I understand, there is no THC in the leaves, only in the buds. But I personally have no idea, They might get a "treat" from it. I also don't have anything small enough to test it on. But that's a good thought! Either way, Jordan is already in a bag to protect the pollen from escaping until I decide how I'm going to get rid of him. I just wish it had been Minnie me that was the male, she is so much smaller than Jordan. Oh well, 1 out of 4 bag seeds isn't bad, I'd say 3 out of 4 being female isn't bad! and now I've seen a male, I can ID them too. Learned something new and that's ALWAYS a good thing (for me).

Back
Top Bottom