My Little LED Cabinet

budmaster828

So I have been on another site doing a journal but I get no reply so I figured I'd start a new one.i am already a couple weeks into flowering and I have noticed some of my leaves having places ate out of them but can't find anything that would be causing it.is there anything I can do to kill whatever it would be without harming the buds?I will start adding pics and all the info about my grow I just need to get question asked first.

So my cabinet is a sterilite 2 shelf cabinet from Walmart lined with mylar for my lights I am using 2 Apollo horticulture 180 led ufo which draw around 110 watts and use 60 3 watt leds .just added the 2nd light 2 days ago I was just using the one.i have 3 computer fans mounted in the side of the cabinet 2 exhaust 1 intake plus 1 6 " desk fan for pushing air through the plants.im using fox farm ocean forest soil and fox farm trio nutes.right now I am growing a vision seeds chocoloco and 1 elemental seeds 5th element.today is day 16 of 12/12 and both flowering great.the 5th element is loaded down with sites.i did some scrog with them for a while.there is 15 days between both plants due to one that died and had to start a new one so the 5th element is larger than the chocoloco.

Welcome to 420mag. Your setup sounds awesome. How is that Apollo led doing? I will keep a eye on your grow here for sure.

20150222_214839.jpg
20150220_163201.jpg
20150117_110244.jpg
20150123_163514.jpg
20150220_163208.jpg
20150221_124920.jpg

Yikes! Nice set up!! Holy Moley, I like that. Is that a Rubbermaid box holding it all? I'm watching this one

ETA,, I see now where you mention the maker of the box,, basically what I thought,, wow, great job

Yikes! Nice set up!! Holy Moley, I like that. Is that a Rubbermaid box holding it all? I'm watching this one

ETA,, I see now where you mention the maker of the box,, basically what I thought,, wow, great job

Thanks.yea it's a sterilite cabinet from walmart.paid 45 for it and I liked it because it's easy to cut holes in and lightweight and I took the shelves and cut the middle out of them and used those to make my scrog screen.ill get more pics loaded up soon I just wanted to get a few posted up to show what I've got then I'll add some more of it during the earlier growth.this is my 3rd grow the first 2 were total flops so I'm hoping this one turns out better.

I found similar deformities appear on my current plant when it grew too close to the LED:

IMG_20150222_075927_379.jpg

Just increase your distance a little and the problem should stop advancing.

I can't increase the distance without mounting the lights to the outside of the cabinet and cutting holes in the top to shine the light through.it seems like most of the leaves that are having that problem are lower and in the middle of the plants. I may just have to hope it doesn't do too much damage or try and mount the lights directly on the top inside of the cabinet.i have them hanging a couple inches from the top so the fans can pull air in.

I was thinking those lights were roof mounted or close to it. Still love the set up...

I can't increase the distance without mounting the lights to the outside of the cabinet and cutting holes in the top to shine the light through.it seems like most of the leaves that are having that problem are lower and in the middle of the plants. I may just have to hope it doesn't do too much damage or try and mount the lights directly on the top inside of the cabinet.i have them hanging a couple inches from the top so the fans can pull air in.

Ahh that changes things a bit. Now if that problem is appearing on lower and middle leaves, the first thing that comes to mind is the possibility of some sort of pest around there. Check your medium, and under a bunch of leaves to see if perhaps you find some bugs hiding. You can often get bugs sitting still on the grow medium to move (and become easier to see) by blowing across the medium, or by spraying it with water.

Next idea, is that perhaps those leaves are just getting rubbed or pinched between things, sometimes a leaf gets caught between the pot and the wall, or another object.. Compare the location of the damage to objects in the vicinity that could have possible caused the damage.

Ahh that changes things a bit. Now if that problem is appearing on lower and middle leaves, the first thing that comes to mind is the possibility of some sort of pest around there. Check your medium, and under a bunch of leaves to see if perhaps you find some bugs hiding. You can often get bugs sitting still on the grow medium to move (and become easier to see) by blowing across the medium, or by spraying it with water.

Next idea, is that perhaps those leaves are just getting rubbed or pinched between things, sometimes a leaf gets caught between the pot and the wall, or another object.. Compare the location of the damage to objects in the vicinity that could have possible caused the damage.

Pests I don't think is the issue only because I've had them on my lap with a magnyfing glass microscope and a flashlight and couldn't find anything.now the damage might be because I have just pulled the screen off them and they were pretty tightly bunched but I'll just have to keep an eye on everything until it stops or I find the cause.

Today I noticed some trichs forming on both girls and they both have some really nice looking bud sites and I can't wait to see them pack on weight.i just hope I can beat my harvest records of my past 2 runs which is a WHOPPING 10 grams.lets just say the first 2 attempts at this were total messes and such a sad harvest.fingers crossed this time things work out.

You're an over achiever, I can tell. You're gonna smash 10g,, good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom