Need a lot of help starting to feel like a total loser

Update I moved plants outdoors and will continue to fight with them. Today I am cleaning and sterilizing the tent my pots and everything else I tried to use in 3 grows. Started soaking 3 seeds last night. Going to start with fresh Potting soil made of a mix of 30%perlite, 40%coco coir, and 30% compost black cow Going to start seed in 4 inch pots once I have a inch long tale. Will bump up into 1 gallon grow bags when the girls tell me to. Then into 5 gallon grow bags when they want to move. Plan to feed Fox Farm nutrients per fox farms recommendations. Will water the way Emilya talks about in her paper. I will be watering slowly from the outside edge of the pots stopping as soon as I see water coming out the bottom. This should prevent me from over feeding. I will hang my lights at the heights the manufacturer recommends for each stage of growing. I think with all the help I have received here I am starting with a better understanding of what I need to do. Wish me luck I need it. Lol

If anyone sees flaws in my plans please let me know. I am growing photos not Autos this time. I think if I run into any problems with stunting plants I will have a better chance to correct it with photos. With Autos the grow clock keeps ticking even when the plants are not growing next thing I know I have a tiny plant with buds. I will post how this grow goes and Update on the Autos I put outside. Thank you all for your help. I will be smoking my own stuff by the end of this year. Hopefully

Update I moved plants outdoors and will continue to fight with them. Today I am cleaning and sterilizing the tent my pots and everything else I tried to use in 3 grows. Started soaking 3 seeds last night. Going to start with fresh Potting soil made of a mix of 30%perlite, 40%coco coir, and 30% compost black cow Going to start seed in 4 inch pots once I have a inch long tale. Will bump up into 1 gallon grow bags when the girls tell me to. Then into 5 gallon grow bags when they want to move. Plan to feed Fox Farm nutrients per fox farms recommendations. Will water the way Emilya talks about in her paper. I will be watering slowly from the outside edge of the pots stopping as soon as I see water coming out the bottom. This should prevent me from over feeding. I will hang my lights at the heights the manufacturer recommends for each stage of growing. I think with all the help I have received here I am starting with a better understanding of what I need to do. Wish me luck I need it. Lol

If anyone sees flaws in my plans please let me know. I am growing photos not Autos this time. I think if I run into any problems with stunting plants I will have a better chance to correct it with photos. With Autos the grow clock keeps ticking even when the plants are not growing next thing I know I have a tiny plant with buds. I will post how this grow goes and Update on the Autos I put outside. Thank you all for your help. I will be smoking my own stuff by the end of this year. Hopefully
This sounds like an excellent plan! Start up a grow journal and @PopPop65 me so that I don't miss it... I want to follow along!

Jay my tent is in a very big room for a house. The room is 22 feet x 55 feet long 12 foot ceiling. Back form early 1920s until late 1950s it was a grocery store with 5 bedrooms above it and a 1 story house connect to the side. We use it for washer and dryer and playroom when the kids lived here it has no insinsulation and has never had air-conditioning I have 3 box fans to keep air moving in the room. No.way to control the temperature now Humidity I can take control over.

I read about people growing all over the world with temperatures reaching over 100 degrees day and night for weeks at a time and they grow pot. So I am sure the high temperature in my tent should not stop me from growing.
Hi Pop, I suspected because of your high temps/humidity your tent was located in a room without air conditioning. In your situation growing in a high temp and humidity environment will be a challenge. If it were me I'd first work on bringing down the humidity within the tent somehow (dehumidifier), it will allow the soil surface to dry out some. On the temp side I've seen people use frozen 1 litre pop bottles in front of a fan to drop tent temps.

In one of your latest pics I see what looks like blisters (small bumps) on the bottom of a leaf, when associated with white blotches on top of the leaf the evidence is strong for plant edema which is associated with the environment being too moist. Bringing down the tent humidity and proper watering skills may help new growth from getting white spots/blisters in the future.

Here pics in pots then bags

20210809_193530.jpg

20210809_193526.jpg

20210809_191929.jpg

looks like a bad case of spider mites to me
+2 and the lighting aint right. Looks like she's getting too much light in flower try changing to 11/13

For mites get some Bonide (BND1428) wetable sulfur. Spray 2 tbs per gal - it will leave a faint white residue that will go away. You pest issues will be solved.

I think things are going from bad to scary I started cleaning my grow tent and found this under the pots. 2 of the spots go all the way through the bottom tray and has started to show dark spots in the bottom of the tent.

Should the bottom linner of my grow tent look like this?

20210811_000615.jpg

20210811_000606.jpg

Sweet thank you for the response
.I did not use any trays. Did not know I needed too. I was worried when I rubbed my hand across it and realized it was black mold. So I should use trays under my pots to catch the water that goes through. That will make it easier to check the pH of the run off water. I am thinking about finding some kind of rack I can put in the trays to keep the bottoms of my grow bags a inch or two off the floor so I have air flow blowing under the bags too. Yall think that will stop the mold. Wondering if mold has been the beast I have been fighting all along. Picked up a gallon of white vinegar to kill the mold in the tent pots and grow bags

Yes, you should use trays, and also something to elevate the plants so they are not sitting right in the tray as well. (doesn't have to be a rack, anything that can be in water long term (bricks, stones, styrofoam blocks, etc)
Don't worry about checking the pH of your runoff, it isn't really useful information in a soil grow., basically just wasting time.
Yea, mold would definitely not be a helpful character in any way, turn your fans off and take care with your breathing while cleaning it, you don't want that in your lungs.
(sorry for the late response, lost power for a bit)

Lots going on here great info. When you grow indoors definitely want to dial temp and humidity in, PH your nutrient mix and yeah the trays and risers are a good idea. I believe all of this was said as I am late to the party but a summary of highlights from my perspective. Keep going you will grow as your plants do

Thank you to everyone that shared your thoughts and knowledge with me. Yall have given me information that helped me a ton.

Tonight I no longer feel like a looser.
It is comforting to know there are people willing to share thier knowledge to help others no questions asked. That is how I have lived my whole life willing to help everyone I see needs help. You can bank that when I gain more confidence and knowledge about growing I will be passing the information forward every time I have a chance.

I picked up a small portable air conditioner on wheels. It has a hose like the vent fans to blow out the heat and a tray to catch water. I will be able to keep my temperatures in check and lower the humidity. I plan to try this in my new grow. PopPop

To get your pots off the floor I use wire closet shelving like this. Works great. Make sure you have 1 extra pan & wire rack so you can dump the ones with run off after you feed so water doesn't stay in your tent raising the humidity. If you have low humidity just leave the run off in the pans to raise the RH.
12-371.JPG

Yall think that will stop the mold. Wondering if mold has been the beast I have been fighting all along. Picked up a gallon of white vinegar to kill the mold in the tent pots and grow bags
I really doubt that it is 'black mold' but anything is possible. Most likely it is a permanent stain in the material that the floor pan is made out of. The stain would be caused by the constant wet spot which is loaded with dissolved nutrients, minerals and organic materials from the soil.

Find the name of the company that sells the tent and check their web site. I have been told that some of the companies sell replacement floor pans just for situations like this or for when the pan gets damaged because of being torn or getting holes poked through.

Back
Top Bottom