Need Help! Low Yields

Andre190

420 Member
Hi all

New to the forum here

I currently have a 3' x 3' tent running two 300w full spectrum LED panels.

I'm running a dwc system for two plants. Plants are healthy AF but I can't seem to get passed the 1oz yield!

From what I've heard, I can't run a HPS in there due to heat stress on plants.

Any help would be great!

What nutes and how much? How far is the light from the plants? What is the temp and humidity? I do 4 photo plants in a 3' x 3' space and usually veg for around six weeks, so you def need more veg time for only two plants. My yields in a 3 x 3 have been from 14 to over 22 ounces for 3 different grows. I grow in organic soil and use quantum board lights. I had two 260 watt quantum board fixtures for two of those grows and one 260 watt fixture for another. The extra watts def make a difference for denser buds.

I switched to flower roughly week 5. I'm running 2x 300w viparspectra full spectrum lights. Current grow is dosidos x zkittlez and super cheese

Those "300w" pull about 130w from the wall, so not a lot for that space but should still be able to pull more than a zip per plant even with those once you get the hang of it and all the other variables involved. How big are the plants at 5 weeks when you switched them (I usually veg longer than that personally)? A lot of variables involved from growing skill, quality of lights, genetics (can be major factor), how long you veg, nutrition, any issues during grow, etc....

You mention that you cannot get past the 1 oz amount. How many plants have you harvested? If it is only a couple it might just be a case of needing more experience.

As in more experience learning what nutrients and how much of each to use and when. It took me well over a year to figure out how to push my 12-15 inch high clones to get over an ounce and a half from a 2 gallon container of soil. Lot of trial and error with nutrients and, like @013 says, a lot of training.

It has been mentioned/asked but the type of plant as in whether it is a photo period or an autoflower plays a part in all this.

And training to get more bud sites is a lot of fun.

Pics would help.
You're in DWC which i have zero experience with.
But in general you should be able to get at least 5 oz per plant in 9 square feet of space.
The only thing I can tell from the info given is that you need a lot more light.
You're actually running about 250w total which is probably ok for veg but not flower.

Iam in a completely different sit up but in approx the same size space (2x5) also just 2 plants.
I grow in two 25 gallon pots, usually veg for 7 to 8 weeks, enough to fill a 2x5 SCROG.
I average 8.6 oz per plant.
I run 650w actual watts but rarely push it over 500w.

Your plants need to fill your 3x3 space

I switched to flower roughly week 5. I'm running 2x 300w viparspectra full spectrum lights. Current grow is dosidos x zkittlez and super cheese
I never clone or flip before 60 days.
Read that in Jorge Cervantes( spelling ?) book I think .
Good luck!

Forget about hps, it’s not needed.

Agree with JamesBong & Smoking Wings.... it’s been asked before but has not yet been answered.....are these autos or photos that you are growing?

Suspect you are growing autos and that’s perhaps the one major factor that is limiting your yields.

Autos are not the best plants for new growers to learn from. Check your seed packs or the vendor site to see what strains you are growing and whether they are auto flower or photoperiods....in my opinion settling that is the first order of business.

Hi.

These are photoperiods not auto.

The strains are DoSi Dos x zkittlez and super cheese.
Forget about hps, it’s not needed.

Agree with JamesBong & Smoking Wings.... it’s been asked before but has not yet been answered.....are these autos or photos that you are growing?

Suspect you are growing autos and that’s perhaps the one major factor that is limiting your yields.

Autos are not the best plants for new growers to learn from. Check your seed packs or the vendor site to see what strains you are growing and whether they are auto flower or photoperiods....in my opinion settling that is the first order of business.

Roger that - thanks for the reply. For starters veg and train for a longer period of time since they are photos. Another good way is to use multiple upcan transplants to build a big rootball and combine that with working the wet dry cycle hard during the veg phase.

start out in 20 ounce solo cups, run in those for about 2 to 3 weeks, then upcan to 1 gallon pots. Stay in 1 gallons for about 6 weeks and keep working the wet dry cycle. Hold the top of the soil and protect the plant so it’s doesn’t fall out but turn it upside down, slip the pot off and peek at the rootball. If you see a mass of big roots it’s ready to upcan, if it’s just a few roots slip the pot back on and keep vegging for a few more weeks. When the plant is totally rootbound then upcan to large final container. For soil grows this should be about 8 to 10 gallon container. As you transplant score the roots in about 4 places on the sides with a sterile knife, this encourages roots to take over their new home.

By running veg cycle in small containers we are forcing the plant to build a big rootball in a small container. there are other ways to grow but the upcan transplant is what nurseries suggest when buying a new shrub or ornamental tree for your yard, turns out it’s also a very effective technique for photoperiods.... but it does not appear to be recommended for autos.

work wet dry cycle hard in veg, keep the soil moist in flower. Once you get past the tiny seedling and have about 3 pairs or nodes.... don’t water every day or every 2 days. Try to stretch the times between watering sessions. Watch the plant for signs of slight wilt - wait another half day or full day then give water. Watering every few days makes for lazy roots. Forget sticking a finger in soil to check for moisture, when top is dry to first or second knuckle the bottom is still wet. When soil is totally dry she sends out fine root hairs to search for water.

Roger that - thanks for the reply. For starters veg and train for a longer period of time since they are photos. Another good way is to use multiple upcan transplants to build a big rootball and combine that with working the wet dry cycle hard during the veg phase.
I agree, take the above advice alone with some very light low stress training and adequate lighting and you can hit 3-4oz a plant with out really trying.

I'm a new grower and just had my first 100g dry harvest.

I'd definitely recommend finding out the true output of your lights!

So I got a Mars Hydro with a true output of 150w, vegged until it was 1/3 of the grow space and then flowered.

Maybe it's the genetics, I used BCN critical XXL normal feminized seeds, just did one plant.

I have a big suspicion it is the wattage on your lights, I've purchased a 600w in the past which was only like 50w from wall.

So I'd say invest in a new light, try a different strain and buy a Scrog net and then keep bending the colas while in veg and then switch at 1/3, I didn't even give nutes during veg. It's just trial and error!

I'm now doing the 3 autos I got given for free with my past purchase.

Can't wait to see what I can get in the same space with a 300w from wall output!

Back
Top Bottom