Need help with soil and nute mixture

Boogerman410

Im looking to use some promix bx with Jacks classic dynamic duo. Any advise on how often to feed and what amounts to use? Also the soil mixture comes with lime additives but I have read that its necessary to add some dolomite to aid in the process. I'm a newbie so any advise would be appreciated. I have an indoor grow using 600W HPS

I really don't know, but providing a little more info may help get a speedier response. What strain? What sized pots? While waiting for a better response try perusing the threads starting here> How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know :peace:

Plus rep BWC :thumb: For all your good advice in this community!

What he said, B410. Give us some info on your grow. I like seeing 600w grows, very efficient.

I'm not familiar with promix, or the other brand you mentioned. If they are like other brands such as Fox Farm, should be no need to add lime unless you are going to veg for a long period of time.

Good luck on your grow!

:peace:

Im looking to use some promix bx with Jacks classic dynamic duo. Any advise on how often to feed and what amounts to use? Also the soil mixture comes with lime additives but I have read that its necessary to add some dolomite to aid in the process. I'm a newbie so any advise would be appreciated. I have an indoor grow using 600W HPS

Yep, add the lime. Promix has some added, just not enough to last. "I" use 2tbl/gallon of mix, or 1cup/CuFt of mix.

You really need it with the Jack's, because it doesn't contain any cal or mag. This is on purpose to avoid lockout from the lime in the mix and minerals in the water.

I've used Jack's for years, but never more than once/week. The amounts you'll have to figure out on your own with your plants.

My motto is: WEEKLY, WEAKLY

DD

Thanks for the advise, I ended up getting some Bonnie's Professional mix for soil. It consist of peat, perlite and docolomite lime. I plan on adding more perlite to the mix as well as vermiculite. I'll be using 2 gal pots for containers. Anyone every used the duo or does everyone generally use the classic during veg and blossom booster in bloom. I'm thinking of starting out with 1/4 a week of classic for veg and go from there. Thanks in advance. BTW anyone ever used that soil?

Pass on the vermiculite. The peat has more than enough water retention by itself and the vermiculite will just be over kill.

DD

Hey there Boogerman

Check my journal and take a look at my soil mix on the first page and check some of the pics. My plants are healthy as can be.
Hash Hounds Nirvana Super Skunk & Papaya in Soil

You might not be able to find the exact same soils, but any good one/ones, and with the additives & nutes I used and a few others you feel like throwing in and you'll be doing ok. Consider the OC+ or Dynamite red as a base and go from there. Nice not to have to mix nutes for vegging and just supplement a little here and there during flowering.

I like to follow Docbuds journals a lot and tweak his advice to experiment a little.
He grows awesome plants and doesn't spend a lot of cash on expensive nutes.

Back
Top Bottom