New Grower: Excited To Learn

I am getting seeds from seedsman and was going to try northern lights strain for my grow as I have researched it's a good plant that can survive some mess up's.

Once again, genetics is everything. No matter what you do to increase the yield, poor genetics will prevent a good harvest. Just read a article on harvesting and that was a quote from it

Sounds like the risk outweighs the reward. Risk losing a plant for a small boost in trichomes! Not sure it would be worth it unless you had maybe 5 of the same strain going and tried it as an experiment to see how much more the test plant produced. Then if you lost the plant you still got 4 of the same sitting there. Lol

So I read about this in a journal and was interested in the process.
So, you probably have a few tricks up your sleeves when it comes to getting the most out of your marijuana plants, right?

But have you ever heard of the stem splitting trick?

This is a fascinating technique that helps your plants make bigger and badder buds that will blow your mind.

Essentially, stem splitting involves chopping a hole in the stem (make sure you know what you’re doing before just jumping in) and then allowing that hole to remain open, causing the plant to "freak out" and overproduce THC and trichomes (which is, obviously, a very good thing).

How it works

Stem splitting is all about increasing the levels of THC in your marijuana plant.

When your plant undergoes a specific type of stress, it reacts accordingly. In this case, you are messing with the flow of nutrients and water as it tries to make its way up the stem. That causes your plant to produce extra trichomes and THC, which means better and denser buds.

If you’re not familiar with trichomes, you should know that they are essential. They are where the glorious cannabinoids (such as THC) are made. Therefore, the more trichomes, the better.

How to do it

You will need the following items to successfully perform the stem splitting technique:

● Knife (very sharp and sterilized)
● Ties or rope (2)
● Pencil, chopstick, or another similar object

It is simple in concept but tricky in practice, so it’s a good idea to practice on just one marijuana plant at a time (per grow season) until you are confident you’ve got the hang of it.

If done wrong, it can end up doing more harm than good. So, make sure you are willing to sacrifice one marijuana plant in the name of the greater good before jumping in
How To Grow Huge Marijuana Buds - 7 Tips

Its just another stress technique. You can add stress a million ways including using lights, water, environments, nutrients.... etc. Does it work? Possibly, but your setting yourself up for other failure modes. Very serious ones if this goes wrong. Just keep it simple for now. Your strain is a producer. If you just grow it right (which isnt hard with this one) you will have the best bud you have ever seen... and you grew it.

There are so many techniques that appear to work wonders, but are rarely tested scientifically. Remember If you try any more than 2 different styles youll never know what you did right (or wrong) to do again later. Just do it the old fashion way a couple times. Youll learn and be able to see the good techniques from the bad

Thank you stltoed I will not be doing any stress to the grow, I am just going to grow my lady's as best I can to get the best out of them. I like to read as I have insomnia alot due to my health, I like asking questions about what I do not know. When I get advice on how to or what to do, I go to research it and find out if other people here have done it. I wasn't sure if I was going to try to do that but from what I can tell it didn't help with the bud size not sure about the strength of the bud but the harvest was low on every plant the grower did that too imo. Then again I don't know much about how much only one plant can get.

Thank you stltoed I will not be doing any stress to the grow, I am just going to grow my lady's as best I can to get the best out of them. I like to read as I have insomnia alot due to my health, I like asking questions about what I do not know. When I get advice on how to or what to do, I go to research it and find out if other people here have done it. I wasn't sure if I was going to try to do that but from what I can tell it didn't help with the bud size not sure about the strength of the bud but the harvest was low on every plant the grower did that too imo. Then again I don't know much about how much only one plant can get.

I like the enthusiasm. Its easy to see who does this to get stoned and who does it because they want to grow great weed. Youre one of the later. I read quite a bit myself and get a little long in my explanations sometimes im sorry. But i hope to give a thorough answer. Cheers!

Reading and binge watching Netflix and playing with my girl
15327495531932084116167.jpg

I have seen some real good Journals and I'm going to be following up with more details on the progress of the grow as it unfolds I will be getting my tent and grow pots (gepots) and pH meter and couple of small things that I have seen in other grows, then I will be testing my water, temp in tent.

Thank you her name is Auberon, my daughter named her. She keeps me on my toes and keeps me from going nuts oh lol that and a good hit off the bong LoL

Thanks Mr smeegol, pennywise and stltoed. I have been researching how to germinate seeds and WOW, never seen so many people differ on how to do it and say don't do use paper towel don't cause it will hurt the seeds use rockwool don't use germination kit don't need to. So I just wanted to ask you if you have any suggestions for a brand new beginner to use?

Don't know if you found what you needed for lighting.
I started with LED then threw in a 150w CFL and T5 led strips as side lighting. The CFL heat is manageable. Makes the buds stack up tight.

Edit. The 150w CFL is not side lights. Just the t5

I've always used paper towels, rockwool can hold too much water and cause damping off which is lethal to seedlings. Only thing with paper towels is if you leave the seed on the paper towel too long it will grow into the paper. I soak for 12-24 hours then place in a paper towel that has most of the water squeezed from it. The paper towel goes into a plastic baggie and I don't close the baggie. I then place the baggie on my cable box to keep it warm. My germination rate is very good using this method. As soon as the seed pops open and I can see the taproot it goes straight to coco in a solo cup. I start mine i a clear solo that I then place in a red solo cup. Once I see roots at the sides of the clear solo it's time to up pot to a proper pot. I use fabric pots but you can clean the coco from the roots and place in a hydro set up if you choose hydro.

Back
Top Bottom