New Guy With Indoor - Outdoor Dreams

Ok time for our feature film. "Revenge of the Chem D"

Starring Chem D

DSCN54281.JPG
DSCN5430.JPG

Yeah thats the Chem D clone lol. Its as big or even bigger then it looks in the pics and even though I can not see any roots yet (none visible on any clones) it must have them because it turned a huge bottom leaf totally yellow that I already removed and its almost fully yellowed another rather large bottom fan leaf.

Then here is the 9 other clones which no longer need a dome at all.

DSCN5442.JPG

So there is also 7 clones still in the dome. Some kinda didnt need it but after a day outside the dome a tiny bit of droopiness on a leaf or two was visible so i put them back in the pan.

Only 3 of the 17 clones seem to possibly not have roots yet or barely any. All the others seem to have good or at least decent root systems, even if I can not see them yet.

Stupid 2 inch rockwools...

Just a small update.

I ordered some Sul-po-mag. It seemed like a good thing for me to get.

For those who dont know what it is, its 20% potassium 22% sulfer and 11% magneisium and its nice and organic.

So now for budding I have Silica 0-0-3 extract. Molasses 1-1-3, fox farms bat guano 0-5-0, and the Sul-po-mag 0-0-20.

Of course I also have the minerals and vitamins to add in when needed. The B-1 complex, azomite, and superthrive.

I also want to do some research onto adding things like strawberry puree, coconut milk, banana puree or other such sweet treats to see if people have tested such things to enhance bud flavor and possibly even make buds more potent or bigger. Also been wondering about olive oil or any oil in general. Gonna do some research on that stuff and if I find nothing I may do a side by side comparison with a strain or two adding those things then seeing if it effects the grow or buds or taste or potency.

Incase anyone is wondering the bigger tree is nectarines, two smaller ones are dwarf peach and elberta peach, the grapes are Red Flame. Then a bunch of flowers mostly iris.

Eventually its all going in my yard but for now I will be using the patio as a transitional area for the plants, and I cant very well just have a bunch of weed plants on my porch for all the neighbors to see now can i? :D

I learned that when putting plants outdoors from indoors, especially during summer, you need to transiton them and get them used to the high powered sun and its UV rays. So I will put them under the covered patio where they do not have direct light (and its a bit cooler under it too). The slowly inch it out day by day until the weed gets used to the full on sun and I can go put them out in the garden.

The little XXX plants were looking really bad for awhile and I questioned if they would live even. But after a hardcore trimming of the burned leaves and slowly introducing them to more direct sun, they seem to be back on track and look to have grown a bit since I first put them outdoors roughly two weeks ago.

I also have out in my garden some herbs n spices, roma tomatos, thompsons grapes and big grafted fruit coctail plum tree that has 4 types of plums on a single tree.

So I think and hope I am back on track with the original plan of vegging indoors then flowering outdoor. My electricity bill is very mellow having 8 t5 ho bulbs running 24/7, they seem to add 15-25$ per month and as you guys have seen, they can fill up a tent pretty well.

I may very well make a flowering room indoors. But for now I think its back to the original plan of sungrown goodness flowers :)

Well I am off to home depot to buy some more trees n bushes to fill up my yard and turn my pot into ninja plants that hide from prying eyes :D

Yeah I have considered trying some auto flowers. ATM the clone store is just so close and reasonably priced with a huge selection that I have just been sticking with them.

They give free seeds if you ask. Perhaps I will see if they got any auto flowers I could have next time I go by.

During the winter I will do one or two smaller grows completely indoors start to finish. Possibly all in my little 4 by 4 tent using floros. Could be a fun time to check out auto flowers.

Re: New guy with indoor/outdoor dreams

Stop Topping,Femming,super cropping, ETC,ETC!!! At least on one GOOD Plant, and see how it compares to the other ones you did. If You Go Outside, Definitely try to not manipulate Your Plants, they grow in that structure for a Reason. And make sure(IF YOU DO IT) that the plant You do not mess with, is grown next to one of the same age and Strain, so You can see for Yourself the Results!!!:high-five: And if Height becomes a problem, take a Bamboo Pole, Pvc Pipe, or whatever, and place it on the lip of your container, and gently wrap Your Plant around said Pole, using Garden Tape(THE GREEN STRETCHY STUFF) of Zip Ties, to affix it to the Pole, Basically turn Your Plant Sideways and wrap around Pole like a Cork Screw, every few days, You should be able to wrap the top around the Pole, Further and further. It will make all of your side arms into Tops, and the main top will remain a Top as well, that you just keep Corkscrewing around the Pole. Use Garden Tape or Zips, or whatever is handy that will work, and You will have a plant that has not been damaged by Topping, Femming Super Cropping ETC. That will wrap it's self around the Pole like a Corkscrew, and keep doing so until it is too budded up to wrap any longer. All of Your Arms will become tops, and after awhile, You can, if You want To, I would using ZIPPIES, eventually remove the ties, as the Plant has become trained to grow in this Corkscrew shape, and will keep it's self affixed to the Pole irregardless of ties. Weight down the other end of the Pole by using a Cinder Block, or something Heavy that will hold the end touching the ground Down. I showed miwa this method of Growing, and he is Trying it on some of His Plants. Others in here seem to like the idea as well, and are/will be using it. If You want to see pictures of this type of training, it is in miwas Thread, 2nd inside Grow, I think in Journals in Progress. He is growing these Plants outside to keep the height down, but not losing any of the Plants Tops, and will be increasing the number of his tops by letting all the lateral growth become Tops. I was Honored, when they decided to call it JTGT, or James The Green Training!!! I came up with the idea several years ago through improvisation(THE BEST WAY). I think You might like it. And if You have to keep the height down(IN OR OUT) this way works GREAT. I have done it several times, and have always had spectacular results with it. But if You can grow with no height worries, grow two plants of the same strain, one natural, the other topped,super cropped, ETC. You could even have a competition between JTGT and Natural growth. Only pick leaves that are yellowing or withered, or dead, leave the rest of them alone. I know all this from actually doing it(EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE), the best kind!!! I have gone on long enough, I hope You get this Jimmycricket, as it so early in Your Thread. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

For height I want to keep them 4-5 feet max. 6 is sorta ok but any more and buds will be poking over my fence :D.

I stopped doing all the FIM and the topping after the first week or two. I have stuck to LST if I needing to stop height a bit and it is definitely much better results plus gives the plant no harm. Part of the reason the two Chem D plants take up 40% of the entire tent is LSTing. The rest is Genetics too hehe.

But yeah being my first grow I wanted to experiment. I now think LST of all sorts is the way to go, no doubt.

Oh and on another note i just bought like 10 new trees and plants to help camo my ninja garden :D. Really cool ones too, got a decent sized honeysuckle bush, and tons of hibiscus flower bushes. My goal is to make my garden outside nice and pretty, have good fruits n veggies and grow some dank weed :D.

I just posted some replies and ideas and advice on earlier pages in Your Journal. The Plant Leaf damage looks like a Combination of things, Light Burn, which is ok if You moved them outside into the Sun, they will take a few days to acclimate, then they should be ok and really take off, hot or not. Do not worry about the shade cloth, unless it is like 115 degrees when you move them outside, then i would slowly acclimate them to full Sun, over about a weeks time, increase their amount of time in the light by about an hour or two a day. I move mine from straight regular old shop light Fluorescent's, right out into the direct sun from day one, sometimes i get a little leaf crisping, but it is nothing your Plants cannot handle. The other things I see on your leaves looks to me either like over watering, or a Cal-Mag deficiency, easily remedied. you will notice that once they have taken to being outside, a majority of your problems will disappear. Do not worry about spraying for bugs,mold, mildew and the like. The natural predators will take care of any mites,aphids, grasshoppers, bud worms ETC. AS long as You do not spray,and kill all the bugs off, predatory bugs do not tend to breed as fast as the plant eating ones, that is why it is imperative to leave them alone, and not spray at all, Nature Policies Herself if given the opportunity. Let Your Plants Dry Out in Between Watering, do not keep the soil wet 24/7, it causes many problems, the worst stem rot, root rot, sickly leaves and so forth, plus it gives a great place for things like white Flies and other nasties that like to live in the over wet soil. Plants want direct unadulterated Sunlight, it helps them to grow fast and strong!!! Check out what I wrote You earlier in Your Journal, I wrote it Today/Tonight. If You have any Questions, ask!!! The dumbest question is the one that is not asked!!! Great Grow, gonna Rep You For Persevering!!! I am Subbed!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

I am telling You, check out My Method for LST, go to miwas Journal, there are pictures, discussions, and everything. I think you will like this method better than just LST. It works better, gives higher Yields, and keeps the Height down, I actually posted a few times earlier in your journal tonight, maybe You missed that one,cause I think if you saw it, You would want to do it!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb: Do You Know Where and how to Vote???

Currently the two shorter XXX plants I have outdoors seem to be doing well. I had moved them today to get a extra hour of direct sunlight. Checked them tonight when i watered everything and it seemed all good.

Currently outdoors I water everything once per day if its over 100 degrees as all the soil really drys out fast then. But if its like 90 id probably be watering every other day. Then if it was only 80ish I would wait 3 days most likely.

Honestly for watering I dont have a set scedule with any plants. I just constantly check them. Let most of the soil get pretty dry then I water. For the indoor weed this is proving to be roughly every 4 or 5 days.

I's amazing what the guerilla growers in northern canada both eastern and western have done with outdoor genetics being able to endure our artic neighbors up norths occasional fronts of cold!

I's amazing what the guerilla growers in northern canada both eastern and western have done with outdoor genetics being able to endure our artic neighbors up norths occasional fronts of cold!

Yeah if I can get my hands on some I might be able to give outdoors during the winter a shot. if it dont work there is always my tent.

I just read your whole J...i sure can't tell you are a first time grower..your plants are fantastic..i went through that light falling..my plant was over a month in flowering..did't hurt the main stem but all side branches were broke...i thought sure it was over for her but i taped them together and still had a good harvest...maybe one day i'll be able to run to the store and buy a clone...listen to JTG...he's on track...on your lighting go with MH and HPS..more light per watt...scroll down this page to see what JTG was talking about...2nd Inside Grow

you are doing good ..seem to be really focusted ...:bravo::goodjob:

Well to be fair I tryed to grow pot a dozen times in highschool. Most barely made it past sprouts and id find a way to kill them :D. Over nutes, over water, under water, trying to grow in sand with no soil, deers, rabbits, then the final one was infested with spider mites, I had no idea how to stop it and I just cut it down. It had a few premature tricomes and that was about it, my vegging plants in the tent probably have more THC lol.

But 10 years later I figured I am older and hopefully also wiser. Plus its kinda legal now. So giving it a real attempt.

On another note I can not wait to get these babies outside as I noticed a spot of two of mold on lower junk leaves. Not worried about it once they outside. They just dont get enough airflow through the canopy here and its too hard to manacure bottom folliage in the tent. Once outside I can train the plants better plus keep them much more nicely trimmed up. Few more days or another week tops and the 6 big girls will be outdoors with their 2 little sisters making a happy family. Then I can get all my clones potted and get em going :D.

The post is on Page 69 in miwas Thread, 2nd inside grow, Pictures, opinions, and just about all You need to know to do it. Read all the articles, they all have some GOOD suggestions about it in there!!!:high-five: Take Care, Happy Growing, JAMESTHEGREEN. PS, I PM'd You, so check your PM's!!! Or Private MSSG's. As if You did not know!!!

Well I got sick of those couple Helix clone stragglers. There was 4 out of the 11 that either had no roots or tiny roots as they would be very perky in a dome but no dome and they droop like a melting candle. The clone store said Helix is very tough to clone, so i guess I should be happy with a 64% success rate on the Helix and a 100% success rate with the Chem D and PO4 clones.

However rather then just letting them die and hucking them in the trash or something. I instead opted to give the 4 straggling helix clones one last chance at life. I put them in a caserole pan filled with perlite. loaded the bottom up with a good bit of water and a lil bit of hydrogen peroxide and put the lid on, then stuck it outside under a tree. If those lil buggers wanna live they are gonna have to fight for it :D.

In a couple day ill pull the lid off and see if any show signs of life, if they do ill let them get a little more water and put the lid back on. If they manage to survive a week in there ill even dig them a little hole and plant em to see what happens. But seeing as I have 13 healthy successful clones I made and have 6 from new strains I just got. I would say 19 clones aint looking too shabby. :D

BTW the Blueberry x northern lights 5 are both looking really nice. You can tell they are just about to start some nice growing in a day or two. Also the Skywalker OG is now solid and both finally got used to their new homes.

Pics soon as I am about to be moving all big plants outdoors. Then getting all 19 lil clones up into some pots and into the veg tent.

Back
Top Bottom