New Guy With Indoor - Outdoor Dreams

Well I found my two contenders for going outside. I put the two smallest guys outside the XXX strain plants. The main reason was I was going through to trim off the dead foliage from the burns and the possible dead folliage on the bottom of the plants. When I found a bottom leaf with a spot of mildew!!!

I live in a very dry climate so my guess is that it happened for two reasons

1. They are by far the bushiest and thickest in foliage.
2. I had them in the center and the entire tent was PACKED of plants.

I of course pulled the leaf off and pulled off a few to open up the center a bit more and they are now in the hot sun. Then I gave them some 0-5-0 bat guano on top of the soil to start to prepare for flower.

On another note I am getting scared the clones are not going to root. Its been 4 days now and still not a single sign of a root anywhere :/.

On the bright side here is the pic of what I new refer to as the Green Monster. It is the Chem D plant that got its trunk split a few days ago but as you can see it didnt skip a beat.

DSCN5343.JPG

man just got home from being gone for 2 days for 4th of july stuff.

Clones still not rooting. Although all seem healthy and alive. Some super healthy id rate them all 6-10 on virility. Maybe they just need more time.

3 of the 5 indoor plants grew 4-5 inches in the 40 hours or so I was gone as they were starting to touch the lights O.O

The two XXX plants outside seem to be fine, however I had hose sprayed them mid day before I left and it seemed to have burnt some leaves :/. I guess foliar feeding mid day in 95 degree weather outdoors is a bad idea lol. But hey at least now I know to only do it when suns gone or almost gone.

So heres the frosty domes.
DSCN53551.JPG

Then here is tray number 1 with all Helix clones.
DSCN53591.JPG

Next is the tray with 6 of the PO4 (bubba kush + Larry OG) one Helix and one Chem D
DSCN53672.JPG

Lastly here is a closeup of the Chem D Clone.
DSCN5378.JPG

I realize some of these clones are not done in the typical cutting method. As you will see the Chem D I basically used the whole top of the plant that got knocked off. If they don't work when cutting that way I guess I will learn my lesson, but I figured if it did work that would be a bad ass clone to start out with.

One a side note I am 80% sure some of the clones are growing bigger as they now push up against all sides and the top of the dome. Is this normal? Is this bad or good? Or am I just tripping and they are the same size as before?

Some of the leaves are getting a slight bit of yellow on the clones. I think thats a sign that the roots are growing. I hope thats what it is and that they arnt just dieing lol.

Next time I will be using smaller rockwool cubes because I can not see shit and have no idea if they are rooting or not.

Also earlier I took the dome off completely for about an hour and nothing wilted at all. So when I put it back on I left the domes cracked open quite a bit figuring they probably would like a lil less humidity now that I think they are starting to root.

Woah dr Deege. Where ya been. I was getting worried about ya.

Plants are good except the two outdoors have not been liking the heat much.

Also its day 10 and i think only like 5 or so of 17 clones have roots. I am not even sure those do either as I can not see the roots.

So I am seriously rethinking my outdoors ideas. The two I put out there just can not handle the heat well.

Most of the leaves are burned up and crispy. I have since put them under my covered patio and it seems to have stopped any further damage. However their growth is near halted and they only get about 5 or 6 hours direct light under there.

So heres a couple pics of the PO4 and Chem D clones, the helix ones have no yellowing yet.

Should I be concerned of the little brown spots or is this normalish?

DSCN53871.JPG
DSCN5384.JPG
DSCN5392.JPG

Jimmy, It's normal to see some yellowing with clones, I also clip the tips about half way off the fan leaves and trim the new growth on top. I use peat pellets soaked in water, with olivia's cloning gel, about 2 weeks there is enough root to transplant. I also have new found success with a aqua cloner pretty simple seems effective. Good Luck keep reading and learning, trust me I had a bad start.

Yeah I knew the yellowing was normal, even a good sign. Just was not sure about the bit of brown dots accompanying the yellow.

I have a real clone dome in the mail will probably get it tomorrow. I ordered it mostly because I wanted a taller dome as the bigger clones are pressing hard against this casserole pan top.

Hopefully I did not waste 40 bucks on the new clone dome plus heating pad. Because if I can not get it to work i will be making a aero cloner too or DWC type cloner.

Well finally picked up some new clones.

Got NYCD, northern lights #5 crossed with blueberry, and Skywalker OG.

Took a pic of a po4 stem and another pic of the tent.

DSCN5410.JPG
DSCN5403.JPG

looking wonderful! Yes I have been VERY busy with the garden, girlfriend and school So i havnt been able to get on as much as id like to. But stop by my 2 journals! I got a lot of great updates. autos not nearly as big as I would like them to be despite my experiments :( O well better luck next time. :Namaste:

+reps for the lovely indoor garden!

P.s those brown spots replicate Ca/Mg deficiency. I could be wrong but what are you feeding again? Sorry its been a while:peace:

I added the tiniest bit of 5-3-3 nutes to my spray bottle plus a pinch of azomite to combat the nute thing. Already inside was b-1 and superthrive.

The new Skywalker OG clones I got dont look so hot. Both are pretty droopy but the other 4 new clones next to them seem great. So it must be the strain or the mother plant or something.

One a side note I am 80% sure some of the clones are growing bigger as they now push up against all sides and the top of the dome. Is this normal? Is this bad or good? Or am I just tripping and they are the same size as before?

no ... they grow! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks great ... glad I stopped in

Oh you gonna poop yourself later when I take a new pic.

The 3 taller ones look like Xmas trees now :D all are over 4 feet tall with the pot.

On a sad note the one with the trunk break has broken more due to its own weight. So imma really have to tie it up nice to keep it going strong.

Ok boys n girls picture time. Only pics I did not take was of the two XXX plants outside. I will show those later.

Here is the tent.

DSCN5413.JPG

The guy in the back left is approx 4 feet tall with the pot.
DSCN5421.JPG

Here is some Chem D future Colas.

DSCN5415.JPG
DSCN5414.JPG

Here is the Northern lights 5 with blueberry clone. Both look equally nice.
DSCN5425.JPG

Then here is the rather pathetic looking Skywalker OG Clone. The clone store said they would replace it when I come in next. The other Skywalker isnt quite as bad but its not in tip top shape either. Not sure whats up with them :/
DSCN5423.JPG

Back
Top Bottom