Newbe Grower - 1st Part Of My Grow Journal

Hi man, subbed. Your plants look great. MH produces more blue light (spring, mid summer), which is great for growing stems, leaves and roots, HPS is producing more red light (late summer,early fall) which is better for flower/fruit production. Some people even use both together. But the plant doesn't care what the light is as long as it's there. So you can even flower under MH but I don't recommend that. So keep the current light on, no problemo.
There's a humongous amount of ways to grow plants. I think 600 is enough for 4x4. I would go with 16 plants max with 1x1 containers. Something like 5-6 gallon pots. Top once, veg for few weeks, apply scrog veg some more and enjoy your harvest. But that's just a thought. You can go vertical with cooltube. SoG, ScroG, manifold, flux, LST, supercropping, topping, FIMming and any combination of those.
Just read and watch videos, I have learned so many things that way. I suggest you top them and make them more bushy. I did some of that in my first grow. Waiting for my plant to grow some more in my third one. Happy growing and feel free to ask for anything. I can link you to few tutorials and basic/advanced stuff. But the decision is on You. Just absorb all of the data you can and I know you will like something :cheesygrinsmiley: Happy growing man! :Namaste:

my question is do you think I have too many plant for my lights to get good yeilds?

Sorry didn't see the post about light in last page.

You look fine for now. Add lights when they grow taller. to the side for example

Thanks AngryBird, I'll give um a drink today. Can I get your opinion on something? The 2 plants on the right I'm giving to a friend so they won't be there long but my question is do you think I have too many plant for my lights to get good yeilds?

Subbed!

I have a question about those two plants you are planning on giving away. Did they perk up after you watered them? Or are they suffering from a little transplant shock?

@OmaDesala, thanks bud. They do perk up after I water cause there terribly root bound. Only shock their suffering from is "needing to be repotted shock" LOL, if there is such a thang.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes there is.. but it is more "suffering than shock :circle-of-love:

420-magazine-mobile754518505.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1679121096.jpg

You can always reveg for more growth. Only thing is if you've started getting buds already the growth will be unpredictable and come out from everywhere. It's worth it if you've got time, you'll increase yield drastically.

KiG :green_heart:cheers
Hell yeah, Snidrajsed. That's what I'm hoping for. Thanks for the input bud.

ISn't this going to make them MORE curious?
Cant you get that film thing you can stick on the window? It makes you be able to look out but not in.

There are blinds behind the plastic. Yeah, if I would of just put up black plastic, dead giveaway but you just gave me a great idea. More light, happier babies.

Black out curtains would block neighbors view

I am new to all this...remember that when I give my limited advice

Blinds and Black out curtains are the way to go, unless you have snoops getting their noses right up against your glass.
All of the reflective films I have ever seen or worked with only work well if inside the room is darker than the outside. As soon as night time comes along if the lights are on you are in full view of the outside world.
They do make film that is the "Rice Paper" or "Frosted" style film. You can't see through it from either direction but it does let light in / out. From the outside they could see that lights were on but they would not be able to see in to see what they were.

I do have the reflective film on my windows, not for security, but to keep out radiant heat in the summer. I use the black out curtains to prevent snoops. Plus mine is on my second floor so nobody is getting close to my windows without climbing on my roof.

@Alchemist420 My windows are also on the second floor. When I'm outside looking up at the windows all I see is blinds. There's zero light that can be seen from the outside, even when my hps light is on and full glow, zero light. I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear on snoops or an suspicion, enen through there is a great grow going on just beyond those windows. LOL. Too bad my state isn't a legal state. It sucks balls. LOL.

Plants look good. I would leave the window blacked out. Growing indoors the plants need total darkness for there "night" period. I've grown in tents where a tiny pinhole caused a hermie.

Thanks a bunch Grimmreefer. I think its a pretty good set up. Most importantly, when someone looks up at those 2 windows all they see is window blinds. I know it has to be pitch black dark in there because I just brought my sexy ladies out of 12/12 cycle to sex them then I put them back in 18/6 to veg more and they didn't hermie. Hey, thanks again for the encouraging words man.

Back
Top Bottom