First Time Grower - Kotsotronic's Grow Journal 2016 - Advice Welcome

Hahahaha I got a kick out of your response Em. For some reason I see you in my mind as someone with an english accent and little tolerance for BS. Nothing as cool in this world as a tiny bit of attitude and a good heart.

Maybe a tiny bit too little attitude. Let me try. :)

Hey Joseman, ya gotta drop the HUGE font, it's like screaming at us.

I'll probably still read it, but I'd bet some percentage will unsubscribe. You can lose subscribers pretty easily if you make it painful for them to read you.

I'll fade back into the corner now...

Hello again Fellow travellers..
Day 23 : 2 days after the transplant and everything seems to be in order...
No need to water yet...the soil is still moist and i can spot, in a couple of them,that the two leaves at the bottom starting to yellow...maybe Nitrogen Deficiency...Proper feed comming next time i water them..I detect no sock on plants from the transition...hmmmm
Also,a 20cm Fan installed ,straight on the top of the plants...

DSC0045610.JPG
DSC0046015.JPG
DSC0047913.JPG
DSC004748.JPG

I experimented a little bit with this one :clown: ...I microtop it 3 days ago and its going fine..

DSC004628.JPG

Hello again Fellow travellers..
Day 23 : 2 days after the transplant and everything seems to be in order...
No need to water yet...the soil is still moist and i can spot, in a couple of them,that the two leaves at the bottom starting to yellow...maybe Nitrogen Deficiency...Proper feed comming next time i water them..I detect no sock on plants from the transition...hmmmm
Also,a 20cm Fan installed ,straight on the top of the plants...

I experimented a little bit with this one :clown: ...I microtop it 3 days ago and its going fine..
Please strongly consider that you might be watering too often in those big buckets. It is going to take super restraint to wait these plants out until they can use all the water in those buckets, but the crinkled look of the leaves, the downward droop... all classic of overwatering by watering too often. Also the yellowing of those lower fans... yes, it is nitrogen deficiency, but it is not caused by there being no nitrogen available... you have plenty, and giving additional nutes is not going to help. The problem is that your main roots on a weed, the big deep tap roots, they went to the bottom as soon as you moved to the buckets, and now they appear to be starting to shut down because they need to see oxygen every wet/dry cycle. If you keep watering those buckets every time the top gets dry, this problem is going to get worse. You have got to get your head around the lift method... now that they are in those huge buckets, it may take a week or longer to dry out the lower roots. If I may suggest, every 4 days water the top roots with 2 cups of water spread out across the entire surface of the soil. Lift the bucket before you do it to see if the lower roots have dried out yet... if not, only give 2 cups. When they finally dry out, slowly water those buckets with as much water as you can get the soil to hold... probably at least gallon or two. Then, wait again, watering the top every 4 days and lifting the bucket. Keep this up and the rootball will develop and the time between full waterings will decrease down to 3-4 days and you wont need to water the top any longer.

Please strongly consider that you might be watering too often in those big buckets. It is going to take super restraint to wait these plants out until they can use all the water in those buckets, but the crinkled look of the leaves, the downward droop... all classic of overwatering by watering too often. Also the yellowing of those lower fans... yes, it is nitrogen deficiency, but it is not caused by there being no nitrogen available... you have plenty, and giving additional nutes is not going to help. The problem is that your main roots on a weed, the big deep tap roots, they went to the bottom as soon as you moved to the buckets, and now they appear to be starting to shut down because they need to see oxygen every wet/dry cycle. If you keep watering those buckets every time the top gets dry, this problem is going to get worse. You have got to get your head around the lift method... now that they are in those huge buckets, it may take a week or longer to dry out the lower roots. If I may suggest, every 4 days water the top roots with 2 cups of water spread out across the entire surface of the soil. Lift the bucket before you do it to see if the lower roots have dried out yet... if not, only give 2 cups. When they finally dry out, slowly water those buckets with as much water as you can get the soil to hold... probably at least gallon or two. Then, wait again, watering the top every 4 days and lifting the bucket. Keep this up and the rootball will develop and the time between full waterings will decrease down to 3-4 days and you wont need to water the top any longer.

Dear Emilya,
I havent water this pots since the day i transplanted the children..I am waiting for the pots to dry out completely..i was extra careful with my water this time.I have already started practising "The Lift Method"... :bump: Thats how i solve the first watering problem..
Last night, however ,my Temperature raised to 28c deegres and i strongly believe that the drooling is a sign of heat stress (Correct me please if i am wrong)...Thats why i added the fan in my set up..Is that possible the drooling was from the heat? :confused:
Also they were root bound on this small starting pots . I should had them transplant 2 days earlier in my opinion ...However the roots were white and hairy.. :theband: ... now my temprature is at 23-24c and my humidity at 40-44%...they seem that they enoy this conditions..

Dear Emilya,
I havent water this pots since the day i transplanted the children..I am waiting for the pots to dry out completely..i was extra careful with my water this time.I have already started practising "The Lift Method"... :bump: Thats how i solve the first watering problem..
Last night, however ,my Temperature raised to 28c deegres and i strongly believe that the drooling is a sign of heat stress (Correct me please if i am wrong)...Thats why i added the fan in my set up..Is that possible the drooling was from the heat? :confused:
Also they were root bound on this small starting pots . I should had them transplant 2 days earlier in my opinion ...However the roots were white and hairy.. :theband: ... now my temprature is at 23-24c and my humidity at 40-44%...they seem that they enoy this conditions..
ok... I have also seen a lot of people think they are using the lift method and are not quite letting it go far enough in drying out completely... they chicken out, and water early.
I do not believe the drooping is from the heat... I have seen my plants not droop many times in 90° and above heat... also, heat stress generally affects only a few leaves in one quadrant of the plant... not an overall droop on every plant.
You see them "enjoying the conditions" and I see them drooping and crinkling to increase their surface area, trying to throw off excess water. Be sure to get those buckets to feather light... it will take a long time the first time. If you start seeing lower leaf yellowing, please re-read my last post; I am just trying to help.

I am just trying to help.

I feel really grateful having you and this community guiding me through my first steps in this new world that have been unfolded before me.:cheer:
Your advises,be sure about that,are followed by the letter...Please dont get me wrong when i answer back to you...i do this when i need to clarify thinks and put them in order in this head of mine...I understand that Nitro def caused due to root bounding and over watering that led the roots not picking up the oxygen and ofcourse the overwatering (that haunts me) from the beginning of this adventure...

I feel really grateful having you and this community guiding me through my first steps in this new world that have been unfolded before me.:cheer:
Your advises,be sure about that,are followed by the letter...Please dont get me wrong when i answer back to you...i do this when i need to clarify thinks and put them in order in this head of mine...I understand that Nitro def caused due to root bounding and over watering that led the roots not picking up the oxygen and ofcourse the overwatering (that haunts me) from the beginning of this adventure...

With this attitude and Em's help you will see some very good buds in the future have no worry.

With this attitude and Em's help you will see some very good buds in the future have no worry.

You make it seem like Emi is my personal spiritual Guide. :yahoo: But dont tell her that sometimes i imagine her waving a ruller, trying to bit some sense with this in us all... :helpsmilie:

I think its time for an update and the latest news on how to get over over watering ...

Day 27:Its been 6 days since last watering...The pots began to feel realy light and i've desided to turn my heart to stone and try to feed them under the watchful eye of Wich Water-Queen Emilya...Without any sudden moves i create a potion of 2ml/l of M/G/B ,B-52,Voodoo,cal-mag and 0.5ml of honey for the bacteria.2 days ago i microtop them and look good so far...

DSC0048714.JPG
DSC0048616.JPG
DSC004858.JPG
DSC004628.JPG
DSC0049112.JPG
DSC0049812.JPG
DSC0049613.JPG
DSC0049514.JPG
DSC0048818.JPG

Looks good! Tiniest flirtation with what looks like mag def but you are adding cal-mag so I am sure you will be fine. A flirtation is not a deficiency. What ph of watering solution are you running again?

Solution was at 6,5 today... :partyboy:

Kudos to your grow. I for one give you lots of credit, i never would dream of growing that many plants in a small area like yours..Congrats....

Back
Top Bottom