Newbie Grower, Outside Grow, Foxfarm Products

Should have included this one,,,Just for contrast

2C29C598-2EF7-4928-A59E-CFE84F4F6EA9.jpeg

What would be signs of over watering? Thx
Persistent wilting and drooping (watering doesn't fix), symptoms that look like nutrient burn or deficiency, yellowing or pale leaves, brown spots.

Hey kryzzrandom ... I see by your pics that you like to grow in the great outdoors, Or backyard in your case... If you are interested in growing some really nice plants next year and you have a 10x10 area to work with,,give me a shout.......Here’s a pic, and its easy-peasy . The bud rails you see are approximately 26” in length

DEF155AC-6E12-4FCC-A074-EBE84D7C3390.jpeg

F50721E2-0290-46AD-A9ED-38FAF045382F.jpeg
@Johnny 5 , the beauty and maturity of those ladies has blown my socks off. The look to be sativa, are they photo's? I see your in Vancouver is why I'm asking. I too grow outdoor, thanks for sharing those photo's.

Not Sativa... That plant is a Bubba Kush..6’ Tall,4 foot across ,And all you need to do is read up on (super soil) and at least a 15 gal pot/hole,some low stress training,ph your water 6.5 and make compost tea with it. You will never over or under feed your plants again, and no chance of burn or deficiency .no stress about OH did I give it to much of this or not enough of that..just WATER and WATCH

And if I could add ( with a lot of blow back or trolling) that big beautiful buds don’t come in a bag or bottle, I mean I can see the use of all that off the shelf nutrients if you’re growing in a room or tent under all your expensive lights and fans , filters and do-dads ...BUT if you’re growing outdoors,salts are for suckers $$$$ .A plant truly needs all the benefits of living soil to brake down the nutrients so that they can be absorbed /taken up by the plant.. microbes,beneficial bacteria and fungi,mycelium, the plants don’t eat nutrients,the earth does and then supplies it to the plant

And if I could add ( with a lot of blow back or trolling) that big beautiful buds don’t come in a bag or bottle, I mean I can see the use of all that off the shelf nutrients if you’re growing in a room or tent under all your expensive lights and fans , filters and do-dads ...BUT if you’re growing outdoors,salts are for suckers $$$$ .A plant truly needs all the benefits of living soil to brake down the nutrients so that they can be absorbed /taken up by the plant.. microbes,beneficial bacteria and fungi,mycelium, the plants don’t eat nutrients,the earth does and then supplies it to the plant
I agree. I’ve only grown outdoors, but that was a long time ago, in a land far far away. Fast forward to present… my gals lasted the summer and started to flower. So I just perused me google and came across FF. First time using them and especially outside. Basically a surprise. But I can say that using the newts have been beneficial. I just need to learn how to use them haha. Trial and error is one way of achieving that. But I definitely want to learn more and take in any knowledge I find. Mother Nature is always best for plants! 🤙🙏

Newbie grower here. Using fox farms newts and following their soil feeding schedule to a T. Y’all think this is nutrient burn? I read online maybe bugs or mites. I’m growing outside so could be. Thx

(Pics taken 4 days ago)

81C49934-9FB8-4710-8DCD-646F6D7FA46D.jpeg

AAA00BEE-2819-4C28-A0DF-CD2AC6D8CDBA.jpeg
That's kinda a tough one, I think you're OK at the 8 week level. They're not showing any deficiencies and look pretty healthy, so stay the course.

BTW, I'm about 99% sure you have, or had, thrips,. In the last picture you posted, look at the right side of the picture, the big fan leaf, you'll see what looks like something shiny on the leaf, in several spots. That's a dead giveaway for thrips. I don't think it's a bad infestation, I don't see other leaves with the issue, and at this point it really only needs to be monitored.
Is this the “shininess” you’re speaking of? All over the leaves. I just thought maybe that was the frostiness of the flowering but am uncertain.

AA1D95B4-30E0-4B78-B27E-DA3191994C58.jpeg

74976440-9629-454B-840E-00E7151C82FD.jpeg

881AFF59-21BC-4E6B-BC31-DDC4DDE5B313.jpeg

F5311232-DA86-40DC-BDAC-288E4BE7B291.jpeg

If you haven't seen any bugs, then I'm thinking this is looking like maybe a specific nutrient is lacking. The plants are in flower in small pots, so they are dependent on getting enough phosphorous and potassium from what you are feeding them. Leaves are dark green, so you are not lacking nitrogen. It might be an iron deficiency. You could check pH, and feed Fe, Zn, Mn... because those deficiencies are often found together.

1665099011321.png

I have one CBD pheno that always has markings on the leaves. I thought it might be variegation, or a virus, but settled on it being a nutrient deficiency. The technical name of the symptom is interveinal chlorosis, which means lightening of color between the veins of the leaves. Regardless, the clones of that pheno always produce nice buds.

Next year be a little more attentive on your floral spray,, unsulfured molasses , and milk are both good,, molasses will kill any and all soft bodied insects, although they feed on the sugar in the plant,the sugar in the molasses kills them because they have no pancreas and metabolize it and it is cheap and organic ..google it

Molasses contains heavy metals, including lead. It also contains acrylamide. There are other organic ways to kill bugs. I use a solution of neem plus Bronner's soap. A small amount of food grade orange oil (limonene) can also be added – it's a potent insecticide.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom