Newty’s Perpetual Pantry Party & Outdoor Grow Show

Haha thanks so much Sam:D I like to utilize any part of the plant that I can, I want to help people maximize their produce and save money, Ha!

So I didn’t talk about my #drweed appointment yesterday but it was a really great experience. I got there and they let me know that I have a new weed dr, again. So I get my urine test (I have to take it every 3 months to make sure there is just weed in my blood I guess?) oh and I have to pay for my own drug test lol

Anyways I take my cup in the bathroom and put it on the counter and mindlessly pee and flush...wtf! I let all my precious pee go down the toilet. Ok so I don’t to spend too much time in the washroom or they will think I’m Messing around in there. I guzzle water from the tap and head back to the front to tell them I need a few moments #stagefright. I ended up getting them their urine in about 15 more minutes...

They call me in and the educator goes through her spiel and I stop her...I say ok, I’ve been at this clinic for over a year and I don’t want to wait a second longer to grow. I tell her I have everything ready (lol) and I just need the paperwork. I tell her that I have already called MCRCI and they are willing to take me as a patient and help me grow. They don’t like that as the medical facilities here in Canada compete for patients (especially legit ones with medical paperwork)

I explain again how expensive it is to buy and how I already maximize by infusing my own oils from the herb that I “buy”. She tries to stop me by saying that the government is trying to stop people from growing their own. I tell her that every time I see her she tells me something different about the legislation. I then tell her that BC is already growing and that “the people” will have a lot to say if the “ government” wants to control the whole market and not let us grow our own medicine...she excuses herself to talk to my new doctor.

The doctor is ready to see me...

I was ready to blast him but instead he was kind and genuine and wanted to help me grow. I started filling out the year prescription I need for my application and asked me many questions about how I’m maximizing my weed from the LP. He agreed with the ridiculous expenses and wants to tell his patients how to make their own oils like me (I didn’t tell him I was already using my own). He wanted to know my process so I showed him the magic butter website and 420 magazines website. He was so grateful and wanted my social media stuff to learn from me but I said WOAH dr that’s a lot...just check out 420 magazine and that’s where I learned everything. We may have a weed dr creepin soon;) haha

This doctor said to me that he used to be close minded (his words) and biased, thought of weed as a gateway drug or bad drug that losers smoked and wasted their lives. He continues, “my mind is open now because of how it’s helping people live productive lives who otherwise couldn’t. He started going on and on with examples of people he’s witnessed heal from cannabis and and I saw the passion in him!

It was so crazy to finally have a dr that was not only pro weed but can’t get enough teachings. He asked if I got paid to help teach people and I said no, he said I should;) I told him I’m a 40 year old social worker who just quit her job to jump into the cannabis industry. He gave me a thumbs up and said the industry needs you. He mentioned the medical facility I’m trying to get on with and I told him I have been applying for jobs. He asked me what I want to do there and I told him, “anything! I’ll take out the garbages”.

He and I are going places...#passion

So I left with the prescription I needed and let him know he can contact me for anything cannabis. I even let him know he could hire me to teach his patients how to cook with their weed;)

Application is filled out and will be off to the post soon. I’ll have my paperwork in the next 3-6 months hopefully 3!

Pretty good news! Steps in the right direction. I think you will land something soon enough. Right now sounds like a great time to get paired up with a doctor to help out his patients. Who knows, maybe it will happen.

Just a personal recommendation from a mentor to student. I really hope I don't offend you here. I would be making videos that are organized and professional. Your videos are so much fun and the people on these forums know you which makes it even better. However, if you are really trying to be in the market I would have stuff that I could present to people that is professional. Do a video on how to do oils and butter that uses basic at home equipment that everyone could do. Do another on using the stems and all the non frosty parts. Do another on butter vs oil. See where I am going here? Explanations of methods and the science behind it and leave out any of the chit chat or fluff. Plan out the video and try to keep it short and sweet. Follow some sort of outline to stay on track. Be sober so you can't stumble off.

When I started searching for videos to learn anytime I saw someone smoke in the beginning I just turned it off. It usually was a long video with very little good info. I don't have time to sift through a 20 minute video when I could just read it in 5 minutes or watch a different one that is much shorter to get the info. Long story short I'd make a series of Newty videos that were less than 5 minutes a piece on various topics for edibles. I'd also treat them like you are explaining this to total noobs as you will be.

I think your videos you do for us are awesome but I do think you need another line of videos if you are remotely serious about this. Still do the fun ones for us but get something together you can show people and they could learn a lot in a short and condensed period of time. Just food for thought.

Pretty good news! Steps in the right direction. I think you will land something soon enough. Right now sounds like a great time to get paired up with a doctor to help out his patients. Who knows, maybe it will happen.

Just a personal recommendation from a mentor to student. I really hope I don't offend you here. I would be making videos that are organized and professional. Your videos are so much fun and the people on these forums know you which makes it even better. However, if you are really trying to be in the market I would have stuff that I could present to people that is professional. Do a video on how to do oils and butter that uses basic at home equipment that everyone could do. Do another on using the stems and all the non frosty parts. Do another on butter vs oil. See where I am going here? Explanations of methods and the science behind it and leave out any of the chit chat or fluff. Plan out the video and try to keep it short and sweet. Follow some sort of outline to stay on track. Be sober so you can't stumble off. When I started searching for videos to learn anytime I saw someone smoke in the beginning I just turned it off. It usually was a long video with very little good info. I don't have time to sift through a 20 minute video when I could just read it in 5 minutes or watch a different one that is much shorter to get the info. Long story short I'd make a series of Newty videos that were less than 5 minutes a piece on various topics for edibles. I'd also treat them like you are explaining this to total noobs as you will be.

I think your videos you do for us are awesome but I do think you need another line of videos if you are remotely serious about this. Still do the fun ones for us but get something together you can show people and they could learn a lot in a short and condensed period of time. Maybe 5 minutes a piece maximum? Just food for thought.
You know I like it how you see it so thanks for being direct.

I never really thought about that and you are completely correct. <light bulb> I will definitely need time to work on this so a summer off should help! Haha I might be picking your brain around that time so watch and wait and get signal so I can text you with my real time garden questions! My buddy I stayed with on my way home from Vancouver said something similar with regards to my bio and resume. He also told me to stay off LinkedIn...you business friends are very important so call it out when you can;)

thanks bro!

You know I like it how you see it so thanks for being direct.

I never really thought about that and you are completely correct. <light bulb> I will definitely need time to work on this so a summer off should help! Haha I might be picking your brain around that time so watch and wait and get signal so I can text you with my real time garden questions! My buddy I stayed with on my way home from Vancouver said something similar with regards to my bio and resume. He also told me to stay off LinkedIn...you business friends are very important so call it out when you can;)

thanks bro!

Of course I'd be happy to help. The resume and bio are kind of a given. Everyone will have one of those so definitely make sure those look good. However the videos I think are key for you. It's a good way to showcase your knowledge and will put you a head above everyone else. They would be great to show off in an interview or if you just can snag a few minutes of someone's ear. It's something no one else will have. Make sure they are to the point but add in just a little Newty charm.

I've got zero charm and I am all business which is why I probably think and act this way. It's probably prevented me from getting any submission or votes to be a member of the month or grow journal of the month but I can't change me. I'm direct and willing to say things other people won't.

Happy Shatterday 420
:circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Some #saturdaycomics

View media item 1541238
I’m going to get updated on some journals I’ve been neglecting!

Plants are in auto pilot so not much to report except that Debbie is an outdoor plant now!

Peace and love :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom