No Pains: Grandmommy Purple By Herbies In RDWC & Supplemental CO2

here we are things are cruising along ....The Ladies are on a 11/13 light schedule now ..I decided to move it back another hour not only because Dj short had recommended it (for those that don't know who he is , long and short is he created blueberry) but I looked at the daylight hours of the Himalayan Kush mountains ( indica country) and came to the conclusion that 11/13 related more to their natural environment .
The ladies have been feeding really well this week ..I have just the right amount of tip burn (as you will see in the pic) so I know that I am pushing them and I will be keeping an eye on it .
I had to place some small paver bricks at their base to hold them straight up as they are getting top heavy with all this rapid growth. On with the pics !

image3.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

alrighty , so today I did some more trimming just to the lower portions of the ladies so they could get some wind up their skirts as well as focus on the upper branching . I also did a res change this evening as these ladies have been hungry . Last Sunday They started with 750 and during the last 6 days they consumed 16 gallons of water/feed !!! I have a top of tank that i keep a mixture at half strength and the ph a tad lower to help keep things pretty stable and well today the system was down to 660 !! Its a 38 gallon system .

okay so you are about to see how I do a res change as well as work in the garden during lights out . If you dont have one of these bulbs/lights I highly recommend them as you can work in lights out and sometimes its inevitable..example being if i was scrogging these ladies the net would be 4 ft x 9 ft and that is some work not to mention I light to do any twisting or bending and even defoliation close to lights out and it usually runs over with that kind of framing . Why? because its less stress on the plants in my opinion they are getting ready to go to sleep as well as focus on repair . So get ready to see some cool green pics . also sometimes i just like to go check on them .lol

Now on the res change i have a 56 gallon garbage can I keep in the garden that i will fill with whats required , mix my nutes and run it through a separate chiller to get it the same temp as the system as well as ph it . After the temp is where it needs to be its game on ! The whole process from drain , filling add to the top off tank and cleaning up is usually 30 min . If I'm in a rush I can get it done in about 15 min .

This week since they have been so hungry I have increased the feed to 820 ... I've decided to follow gh's recipe for recirculating systems on the medium strength scale . Thats what I did last week and I liked it with good results so we are going to ride it out this way and keep an eye on that tip burn .

Now On With the PICS!!!

P.s the trimming was done at lights on this morning .

image1.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image5.jpeg

alrighty ! Well first life came up and I'm not going to have the ability to tend to the garden on a proper basis for awhile so I had to take these beautiful ladies down . It was painful but necessary . so lets see what we learned as only the latter part of the grow is lost but some good knowledge was gained !!

okay so first last week the system started out at 820 and today it was 700 ! Those ladies where drinking it up ! They had just barley started to transition into flower. Now for the things we learned . First with just slightly under double the atmospheric co2 level the growth rate was phenomenal ! I'll make a separate post showing the 28 day comparison and you will see that these ladies where on fire !!

Second this setup is ideal for clones as with clones I feel they would have already had some bud set . I say that because clones are the same age as the mother and if they are taken from a mature female they are pretty much ready to flip from the time the root zone is established . With the growth rate that I had I flipped them after only a two week veg ! They hadn't even shown sex yet and I feel that is the only reason they didn't have a bud set as prior to this set up I always veged at least 30 days or until the plants showed sex and then flipped the lights and consistently at the 10 day marker of 12/12 the plants had bud set .

Third I am a super believer in Gen Hydros Rapid start root treatment . Wait until you see the pics ,Wow !! keep in mind this is at 28 days following normal suggested dosage . I do attribute some of the growth and health of the root system to my custom aeration system . I took a pic of what's going on in the buckets for those that are curious.

Fourth the water pressure in these ladies was unbelievable after the branches where cut water was dripping out of those sections and the base of the stalks where solid as you will see from the pics ! These things where in hyper drive in my opinion .

Lastly I finally have everything I need in my room for effective control the environment / grow condition in an excellent vpd range to achieve superior growth . I can wait to finish a run in it as I can only imagine what another 8 weeks would have done for these ladies and the thoughts of the possibilities makes my mouth water .

On with the Pics !!!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image9.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

Okay here is the 28 day comparison ! Get ready to have your hair blown back !! lol I apologize in advance for the different picture sizes ... 6-6 to 7-2 28 days !!!

image0.jpeg

image9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom