Noobymacdooby's 2nd Grow - Cheese & Local Genetics - All The Gear But No Idea

Swazi gold! Aren't those plants supposed to be like 12 feet tall in their natural environment?

I'm really excited to see you grow these out!

Thanks with go grab some dolomite lime!
Dolomite lime is a bitch to dissolve in water and 2 much you stand a risk of burn. If I may suggest is if you can get molasses the one that is sulphate free and mix the required amount in a cup of hot water and add that to your DWC, it has more that enough Cal and magnesium in it.

Dolomite lime is a bitch to dissolve in water and 2 much you stand a risk of burn. If I may suggest is if you can get molasses the one that is sulphate free and mix the required amount in a cup of hot water and add that to your DWC, it has more that enough Cal and magnesium in it.

Oh thanks man will do that. I have some molasses but will need to check it for sulfate.

Looking at the photo it looks like the mites really attacked that plant or am I wrong?

No it had very little if any mites issue with it. This also happened before in my previous run, though I was doing my PH wrong at the time. I've been using RO water at 5.5 ph but maybe apart from the nutes i should be adding in more calmag.

Swazi gold! Aren't those plants supposed to be like 12 feet tall in their natural environment?

I'm really excited to see you grow these out!

Agh if only it was a true swazi gold, I'd let them grow! The landrace has been muddied by outside genetics so you kinda getting a lucky packet. Could be swazi mixed with something great. The seeds where quite big and healthy looking

Going to need a portable ac soon, 1st nice and hot day today here and the room is getting warm from the dehumidifier.

qwqwqwdf.JPG

That's the coolest grow room u.i. ever! It would be sweet to get true swazi gold, but yea I can see how genetics would be all over the place :S

That's the coolest grow room u.i. ever! It would be sweet to get true swazi gold, but yea I can see how genetics would be all over the place :S

Thanks that's actually a website called grafana - the pii software doesnt have a history function but does log data so it's fed into the site. The realtime U.I is the one in the 1st post

Thanks that's actually a website called grafana - the pii software doesnt have a history function but does log data so it's fed into the site. The realtime U.I is the one in the 1st post
Super cool, just the whole set up! It's a growers dream:3 too bad they make it so hard to get nutes n stuff for you :(

Super cool, just the whole set up! It's a growers dream:3 too bad they make it so hard to get nutes n stuff for you :(

Yeah it's getting better though, the Canna range of products will be available here next year, probably pricey though. Me and the wife are expanding on our veggie garden so I'l just be doing more soil organics and then just battling the DWC

and yeah as the title says I got the gear now need to learn to grow

Update time.

The last 2 days the heat and humidity went up and the grow room is running hotter than I'd like. Nothing crazy it peaked at 30 C but I've ordered an AC which should come just in time for another late cold spell... at least I'l be ready for the next hot day. The heat made the bugs flare up too. Gnats are back and now the spider mites have been replaced by thrips.... it's like a freakin zoo in here. Time to spray things.

So all of the keibrid and cheese are showing pre-flowers. Not sure why, my light schedule is correct 18 / 6. Not sure if it's the heat / light stress that is making them pre- flower. Also the pre-flowers are female but growing out of the area you'd expect male flowers. Similar to the images from before.

Was hoping this 2nd grow would go better but it's just been a bunch of setbacks. At least i'm learning what not to do...

Got the scrog up and it appears as if I'm doing some companion planting :D
P10406021.JPG
P1040590.JPG

Sorry about the pests! Good luck getting rid of those buggers:S

Neem oil buddy soak those shitters hard just before lights out . Mix with ph water or distilled RO .

In spray bottle remove all you see. Make sure you get under those leaves good man .

Try sprinkling cinnamon ?

My thread right now is full of pest problems like yourself re apply every theee days cuas they lay best eggs little brats .

Ain't they annoying as fack

Neem oil buddy soak those shitters hard just before lights out . Mix with ph water or distilled RO .

In spray bottle remove all you see. Make sure you get under those leaves good man .

Try sprinkling cinnamon ?

My thread right now is full of pest problems like yourself re apply every theee days cuas they lay best eggs little brats .

Ain’t they annoying as fack

Thanks matey, going to shift my 18 / 6 cycle so I can do just that. It's war btw me and these insect bastards!

Plant update:

I'm might have some hermies going on. The bigger keibrid plant is showing a similar structure to a plant in my 1st grow that went hermie. Some of the other keibrids are showing the same traits. I need to cull some plants so these might just have to go. Not sure if I should just stick it out and see what happens when its flower times. Some shots of the preflowers:

P1040622.JPG
P1040609a.jpg
P10406091.JPG

Other problems, DWC plants showing still making spotted leaves. Changed the res with slightly lower nutes than recommended on the bottle plus some epsom and molasses. e.c is 565 us and ph 5.5

P10406142.JPG

Plants that are doing good, swazi:

P10406231.JPG

And another keibrid I did a leaf strip experiment on, stunted growth but bushed out quite a bit:

P10406241.JPG

Back
Top Bottom