Noobymacdooby's 2nd Grow - Cheese & Local Genetics - All The Gear But No Idea

Are they pollen sacks? Looks like it may shoot pistols out out those although I could be way off but they are not balls per say

Yeah they are female calynx's which has got me confused as they're coming out like male pollen sack but then showing pistols. The ones with the pre flowers are more stretchy growing than the others. Like I said this happened before and I should've chucked all those seed just to be on the safe side. I'm vegging for 2 more weeks so might just hold off and see what happens. Its just that if the big one hermies thats a chunk of space wasted for this grow.

Ugh...started shopping around for seeds but damn how to go about it? Want to try the purple envy TheBlaze is running but kinda wonder how I would go about it from South Africa. Not sure about payment options or which bank to go for...

Saw these guys: Cannabis Seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from #1 UK Online Store and these guys have them Buy Cannabis Seeds - Best Prices, Biggest Selection, Cheapest Delivery! - Seed City and they say they ship to South Africa

Guess I just pony up some cash and hope for the best...

Ugh...started shopping around for seeds but damn how to go about it? Want to try the purple envy TheBlaze is running but kinda wonder how I would go about it from South Africa. Not sure about payment options or which bank to go for...

Saw these guys: Cannabis Seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from #1 UK Online Store and these guys have them Buy Cannabis Seeds - Best Prices, Biggest Selection, Cheapest Delivery! - Seed City and they say they ship to South Africa

Guess I just pony up some cash and hope for the best...
There are seeds locally available, I believe the likes of dynafem are heading up the charge. Lemme have a look around. Are you keen on normal seeds as I have someone on the 420SA site that has genetics but they are as I said regular seeds. Your in the Eastern Cape correct? I also have someone that came back from Austria with a shit load of seeds and brought in 10 for me. I can check with him if he had any left if your keen on that? They are fem beans

South Africa's #1 Seedbank - Buy Cannabis Seeds in South Africa | MCSB

These guys....they were mentioned on episode 4 of the Hotbox podcast (local show).

Yeah I know of that bank. For like a 100 bucks more I can get 5 PE seeds verses any of their stock of just 3. Bit pricey but local as you say. I think maybe I'm a bit spell bounded by the Purple Envy I saw Blaze have and keen to get onto that. Maybe I need to do some more research and take a step back before I end up giving dodgyseeds.com my bitcoins

I'd prefer fem seeds for now with my setup. That way I can start the seeds in the right sized pot and not have to keep a bunch in smaller pots until I know their sex. With this grow I'd prefer to get all the plants in bigger pots but only so much space.

Hope something comes up for ya- even in Canada I had to pay over 100 bucks for like 6 good seeds just so I didn't ship them over the border. Genetics are a pain but definitely worth spending money on.

You can also feminize regular seeds if need be!

Yeah I know of that bank. For like a 100 bucks more I can get 5 PE seeds verses any of their stock of just 3. Bit pricey but local as you say. I think maybe I'm a bit spell bounded by the Purple Envy I saw Blaze have and keen to get onto that. Maybe I need to do some more research and take a step back before I end up giving dodgyseeds.com my bitcoins

I'd prefer fem seeds for now with my setup. That way I can start the seeds in the right sized pot and not have to keep a bunch in smaller pots until I know their sex. With this grow I'd prefer to get all the plants in bigger pots but only so much space.
With feminised seeds you should start with a small pot and work your way up. I have 3 different sized pots and up pot as the plant develops. It's the Auto flower that you want in the final pot from the beginning.

With feminised seeds you should start with a small pot and work your way up. I have 3 different sized pots and up pot as the plant develops. It's the Auto flower that you want in the final pot from the beginning.

Thanks yeah I do 2 pots - smaller one and the final size. When I transplant to the bigger pot I only water around the area of the old pot size and slowly expand from there with subsequent waterings so I dont flood the poor things in a big pot and the roots go looking for water.

How far are the cobs from your hood? I run mine at the recommended 45 cm as per Growopz, might have been like 50 to 55 in Veg depending on the size of them.

Mine are at 50 to 60cm for now during veg. Stil trying to find the right level for it. There's 6 x 36v crees and 6 x 36 bridgelux in the room for a 1.8m by 1.5m grow size.

I have room for plants to get strecthy and I found the plants don't stretch as much during flower as they say they would but thats a difference btw leds and hps I read.

Plant updates:

All of them chugging along but still doing the leaf curl. Not sure at all what's causing it tried so many things but it's not getting better and in some cases worse. Plants are growing steadily but I imagine they would've been growing even more if they where happier.

Cheese and keibrid:
P1040627.JPG

DWC:
P1040629.JPG

Thinning out the herd on the smaller ones:
P10406281.JPG

dat curl:
P10406301.JPG

So wierd, maybe drop some pics in the ask us section n some pros could weigh in? Wanna maximise your yields if possible

Are the tips burnt of the leaves that curl or do they eventually burn or dry out?

No burnt tips and very seldom do they dry out mostly just curling and showing some puffyness. The 2 big plants in the soil are a bit on the dark green side. Need to back off the nitrogen for my soil mix.

At this stage I think it's just a combination of factors and me still trying to dial in the room. Busy setting up a portable AC to cool the room but it drops the humidity quite rapidly so now it's going to be another factor to work out. Trying to get my ventilation running better too as that may be causing issues too. The in vent sucks air from outside so I can't constantly run it as the temp / humidity will adjust to outside. There is a fan on both the in and out vents. Currently they run for 5 minutes every 25 minutes. The room is not very big, 2m x 2.5m and 2.3 m high.

Try gorilla seedbank. They are sponsors on this site. Check the banner at the top right of this site. You will often spot their ad in there.

Wow yeah that's quite the impact....do we have like super spider mites or something in SA??
SA has no patent on mites, they're world wide. I've had them twice in Ma. U..S.A.. A product called Axamax is the best for mites . Problem with mites is they hatch a new batch of eggs every 4-5 days. So It takes 5 or 6 applications to get rid of them. They are what nightmares are made of. Nice room. and subbed.

Back
Top Bottom