Northern Light Finally Picked 18th Week

solomyn

thanks for dropping by.

don't make the same mistake I did as a rookie waiting for a lot of amber trichomes.

pick at the breeders recommended time give or take a week.

or when ever you think they are ready.

That's good information Hash Hound! I'm a new MMJ patient, and have grown in the past (mostly commercial type growing back in the 80's and 90's). I have a bunch of strains going right now, and one of them is Seedsman Northern Lights. It's got the Sativa phenom traits (fast growing, 'stretchy', etc). I have seen a few posts in several different forums where folks had let them go, waiting for the trichomes. Have you grown your NL to the recommended time? If so, were there any differences?

Thank you for the response... I hate having to resurrect an ancient thread, but your persistence and patience was far too compelling! I had to say thank you for the good info!

It was my first attempt at seed bank seeds.

If I remember correct, I started 5 reg seeds and 3 were male and one hermie.

Leaving only 1 female. And I have never grown another one to the recommended time to compare.

I do plan on growing NL again, just not sure which breeder.

Picking a breeder of NL is like picking the right golf ball. All the manufacturers say their ball is the best. It all boils down to personal preference.

With NL, supposedly Sensi Seeds had the original. So it is on my wish list of strains to try.

Here is a history of NL and a few other strains worth checking out.
The Origins of Northern Lights Cannabis Strain - Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds :: Seedsman

Thank you for the information. I actually had read that history from that very same place when I got my seeds.

Out of 10 regular seeds, I got a 5/5 ratio of females to males. All are rather lanky, and more prone to calcium deficiencies in coco coir. I could always post my journal at some point (I'm anal... I keep very detailed records/photos of everything I do).

It's been fun knocking off 13 years of rust of not growing. I've learned some really great new tricks, and found that my years of experience of growing this amazing plant haven't been totally lost!

It was my first attempt at seed bank seeds.

If I remember correct, I started 5 reg seeds and 3 were male and one hermie.

Leaving only 1 female. And I have never grown another one to the recommended time to compare.

I do plan on growing NL again, just not sure which breeder.

Picking a breeder of NL is like picking the right golf ball. All the manufacturers say their ball is the best. It all boils down to personal preference.

With NL, supposedly Sensi Seeds had the original. So it is on my wish list of strains to try.

Here is a history of NL and a few other strains worth checking out.
The Origins of Northern Lights Cannabis Strain - Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds :: Seedsman

Back
Top Bottom