Northern Light Finally Picked 18th Week

Hey Hash, I did a Nirvana NL and had it turn purple a bit on me too. The smoke is nice and sweet. It's still curing so I will need some time to get a good report on it, but i was dissapointed with the yeild. Your's looks like it yielded much better. I was checking around, and it looks like Nirvana does have some issues with yeild on thier NL, but not always. I like how yours really purpled and tighted up.
Here's a shot of mine right after chop, not the best picture:
DSCF30972.jpg

Right around 12 weeks. At 10 weeks it pretty muched stopped and didn't have more then 10-20 % amber. I wanted a solid 20 and up to 30 % amber, but it just stopped. I pushed a few other strains longer that did this, and ended up dumping half plants a couple times due to rot. If I would have pulled them earlier, no rot. Lessons learned. I shold have chopped at 11 weeks since there was no apparent change, I am more worried about rot now, and in future grows I will not wait so long when i notice they are full and not push for trich color so much.

Hey Hash Hound, I made it over here and let me just say HATS OFF! I thought the advice you gave me was very sound. Now that Ive seen what that advice can yield...I am speechless. Congrats on the grow.

TY Indajag for the kind words.

I had grown many years ago and read Ed Rosenthals book. So I knew most of the basics when attempting the more recent grows.

Now I have read Jorge Cervantes book and The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green. And a non stop thirst for knowledge on line mostly in 420mag.
With guys in here giving excellent advice, especially Docbud.

And I am learning still. I think my current grow is even going to be better.
Have you checked out that one? It's a little crowded, but like I said I'm still learning.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:Namaste:

Re: Nirvana Northern Light finally picked 18th wk

@ Dexter
used the recommended dose tbsp per gal in 4 gal square buckets in hempy.
Would have used more had I known the high temps would use up all the nutes. Top dressed it with two more scoops at the 10th week but still grew 8 more weeks. We kept thinking any day now it will be done. So we didn't want to add more.

@ Doc
First grow was bag seed, then the NL hempy. Can't get clones around here.

Cant get clones around here...aawwwee come on now....you really think that nobody around has some secret downstairs?

Love your grow. That bud was massive. Love all the colors. What size light did you use?

Bravo really cool. Wish I had the balls to grow out a 17 week strain. I can hardly wait till my 9 or 10 week plants finish :)

Cona

Cona,

It was grown using a 400w HPS.

Can't just go to a store in my state and buy clones.

Got one from a friend of a friend when we were in the middle of our first bag seed grow and got a case of the mites. I'll stick with starting from seeds for now.

Also, I am very secretive locally about what I am doing. I don't need anyone knowing what I do. I only share the weed and my clones that I take with a select few friends.

Cona,

It was grown using a 400w HPS.

Got one from a friend of a friend when we were in the middle of our first bag seed grow and got a case of the mites. I'll stick with starting from seeds for now.

Also, I am very secretive locally about what I am doing. I don't need anyone knowing what I do. I only share the weed and my clones that I take with a select few friends.

Very smart Hash Hound. I can count 8 people on this earth...aside from all of you who dont know me from Robert Plant. Out of those 8 people 4 of them are the wives so only really 4 of my closest people...this includes relitives. You can grow forever....once someone else knows...its too late then.

Prime example about secrecy;

I gave 2 clones to a friend and emphasized the importance of secrecy.
He said "don't worry I won't tell a soul"
Well I was talking to my partner the other day and he told me our "friend" was talking to him about the grow and he told him. " I was talking to some guys about my grow and they told me to trim off the fan leaves"
Who are these friends? Why did he tell them anything? Did he tell them where he got them? I know it's hard to keep growing a secret, especially when you grow a beautiful plant you would like others to see, or taste. But I would rather be secretive than show or tell someone that leads you to get in trouble.
I have 1 partner and 3 people I gave clones to, and that's the extent of my circle of friends that know. I honestly don't know why I gave them clones which led them to know I was growing. Only one is an experienced grower that even knows what to do.

Another example; I was at a picnic and took a hit (stupid on my part) as the guys passed the joint by me while tossing horse shoes one weekend. Monday at work my boss told me a guy was in a bar telling one of my bosses friends I was smoking with him over the weekend, and of course he told my boss. ( I have a govt job and need to keep my smoking a secret ) I blew my own cover. Boss told me be more discrete.

One more that goes way back; a few months ago I over heard an old friend talking to the same guy that blabbed about me "Oh ya, he used to send me hash from Germany in an 8-track tape when he was in the service."
Did he really need to tell the guy that. It was almost 40 years ago, but don't tell a drunk that kind of damaging info.

remember guys Shhhhhhhhhh... be vewy vewy quiet. :shhh:

Cona,

Amen on that!

:passitleft:

Lucky man

The Papaya didn't turn out as Nirvana stated. It is more of an up daytime pot.

I was disappointed by the Papaya and Super Skunk. Neither lived up to their descriptions.

However others have clones I gave them and I will be able to compare to see if it was my grow or the genetics.

Live and learn.

Lucky man

The Papaya didn't turn out as Nirvana stated. It is more of an up daytime pot.

I was disappointed by the Papaya and Super Skunk. Neither lived up to their descriptions.

However others have clones I gave them and I will be able to compare to see if it was my grow or the genetics.

Live and learn.

Hummmm, It didn't have that effect on me. 20 minutes after the buzz started, I was ready for good sleep.;)

Back
Top Bottom