Not sure what's wrong here - Thoughts please?

Freezy

Whats up and thanks for looking
This is grow #4 for me and I swear I always have this same problem right around this time.
These girls are 6 or so weeks old, maybe 7
the strain is frankenstein its 80% indica
The soil is a peat based mix
7 gal containers
humidity steady around 40%
heat steady at 75
Still in veg

So I got these girls just over one week ago from a friend. he had them in flower for like 3 days and i put them back to veg to grow em nice and big. I plan on filling a 4x8 scrog with the two plants. He says he fed them every water at full strength. The first time I fed them was the day I got them, 9 days ago. I fed them half strength heavy 16 - the full line using their feeding schedule. They looked a little deficient so the next time I watered them, 3 days later I went full strength. Today, 4 days since the full strength I watered them with just filtered water. I have PHed my water to 6.5 every feeding. My runoff the last two waterings, one with full strength and just water today, was 5.8 for both of them. Is this runoff telling me the ph is too low in the soil? I plan on getting some dolomite lime and throwing that in the soil. Theres really dark green leaves which tells me theres too many nutes in the soil, and there is starting to be some signs of over feeding, but Im getting what looks like a phosphorus deficiency? is this because there may just be too much food in the soil? When I watered today I went heavy with the water as to flush them out a bit. It was not a full flush but I watered them with about 2.5 ish gallons to try and correct this problem. What do you guys think?

I think I had the light a tad too close so some of this may be light burn, and Im not sure how easy wind burn is to get but there was a fan that debatably may have been too strong which i have directed in a different direction that may have caused wind burn?

I plan on scroging these thats why they are tied down the way they are right now I just want to get this note problem figured out before I go and make it a pain in the ass to flush them.

Thanks homies
20151214_182441.jpg

20151214_182419.jpg
20151214_182407.jpg
20151214_182356.jpg
20151214_182348.jpg
20151214_182339.jpg

I see multiple deficiencies. that is typically a pH issue. Could be a few other reasons too. How are you managing pH?

You also have some fairly rough Heat stress happening which could be the cause of what looks like Potassium deficiency. Heat stress untreated can start to look like postasium def.

You also have what looks like Nitrogen toxicity. And some overly aggressive lollipop pruning which can cause stunting and therefore nute burn problems.

I see this a lot with new grows. I bet you have over fed the plant causing a lot of burn and stunting which you trimmed off.

I would flush this, pH it, get some enzymes and beneficial bacteria in there to help with the soil condition. Back way off on the nutes because you have so few fan leafs that your photosynthesis is real low. Nutes do not feed the plant. They support photosynthesis. With so few Fan leaves you have not much sugar production and no need for nutes.

I have helped a few people through this. Start a journal and we can turn these around.

All that said I think you are right on and Know what you are doing...

Okay I just looked at your journal. I am going to ask you to watch the video I posted here about hoods. I believe you are not getting the heat out of the room from the hoods with that type of non-insulated hose. Air cooled hoods only work in small spaces with the right hose... you can test for yourself and verify if it is working. But since you have clear heat issues you will want to at least raise the hoods.

1 Cloner plus good people on this forum equals 15 clones in a 4x4 tent - Now what?

I actually had my inline fan unplugged and just the AC running because it was getting too cold in the room before… I just plugged in my inline fan again. I have a temp gauge hanging under the hood. Today it was the highest because my ac vent got messed up, its fixed now, but it is usually around 75-78. is this too hot? hopefully that will help

Well that isn't too hot but it could be too intense based on the "working" root mass.

I know it is 25 min long but there is a ton of real good info in that video. Every 2 min you will learn something new. And there is a real good graph on light intensity that explains why you don't want too intense of lights.

I ran up my light last night from 750 to 1000. I had 1 plant in the corner show heat stress because that one had issues as soon as it came out of the ground and has been problematic the whole time. All the rest looked great. Temps at 72. So all the rest were just fine in that but this one off in the corner with less intensity and same heat started to taco on a few leaves. It has to do with its ability to transpire and respire. This has to do with overall leaf and root health. So a plant that is bad off will not do as well in the same conditions as healthy happy plants. For that plant "ideal" means something different than the rest.

Alright some follow ups. I didn't quite flush them 2 days ago but I put around 2.5 gal through each pot as i mentioned in my journal. Should I do it again and use something to break down the salts like a flora kleen? also, if i use just RO and the flora kleen is 6.5 okay for the ph? if i should do another flush i have 2 more questions. I just picked up some powdered lime today, how much should I put on top of the soil and should i do that before or after i flush? also, how many gallons should I use to properly flush them? I just got my 4x8 scrog built today it looks mint but I'm going to wait to get the girls all set before i start weaving em in there. Thanks a lot guys

I gotta go take care of my plants and when I get back I got 3 journals to respond too...Please PM me a link to your journal and I will get to that later tonight. Lets keep long topics like this in the journal.

I second and third the warning not to use lime.

I see a magnesium deficiency. I am concerned about the low pH of your peat based soil, obviously the peat is breaking down and making this soil quite acidic as a result. It still may be able to be adjusted with dolomite lime as a top dressing, but I absolutely would not go to that extreme before trying EVERYTHING else. Since the desired range in soil is 6.3-6.8, and your soil is quickly drifting down I would try playing with the pH of your incoming fluids a bit before adding something permanent to the soil. The leaf damage looks like a magnesium deficiency to me, and this is mobile above 6.5 pH. I suggest adjusting to 6.8 for a couple of rounds to see if the progression of this stops. I would recommend a different soil next time too, without so much peat in it.

Also, that downward clawing of your upper leaves indicates a slight over nute situation, but I see no burning yet... so this to me is not yet a major problem.

Back
Top Bottom