Novice Grower Needing Help - Please

I have a question - I'm currently using a 60x60x170(room) esl 125w 6500k for my plants in my room. The room is fairly small, but I am not having too many problems with the heat since there's an A/C unit. My question is... Should I be using a 2700k as well? I have both... The 2700k is 200w though. Have only used the 6500k since I started my grow. Can I use both? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I read on another thread that 2700k is used for the "growth" phase of the plant? I thought it was the 6500k(white) (since it simulates the same spectrum as daylight), and then the 2700k(red) for flowering? Would love to hear some feedback on this topic. I want my ladies to have the best conditions for growth. Thanks in advance!! :thanks:

I don't use CFLs but 6500 is for veg and 2700 for bloom.
However, I'd throw as much light at them as you can as long as the heat and RH are still good. As long as you are running the 6500, I think the 2700 will be a good addition in veg.

Here are some pictures of my new setup. Been having to make adjustments, but overall I would say it's working out now.
The two bigger ones are doing alright. Still a bit worried about the smaller one. I see leaves coming up, but... You be the judge. Thanks for all the help I've been receiving with this. Much love. I tried to zoom in as far as possible on the smallest plant, but after uploading it I realize that it's a bit fuzzy. If someone would like, I can try to get a better shot.
Only one light.
0013022.jpg

Both lights.
0032805.jpg

From biggest to smallest.
0062187.jpg
0042620.jpg
0052294.jpg

I still see a wet spot in your pots. That tells me you are not watering correctly.
Plants look good! The photos make them appear a little light green, but fine. I think the little one will sort itself out. :thumb:

I haven't watered them since the time I soaked my pots. How long ago was that now? Going on the 2nd week now, I think.. I hope she does. :cheesygrinsmiley: The smaller one is a bit lighter in color than the biggest. I'm going out overnight somewhere. A bit worried about leaving them alone for so long... haha

I'll be sure to get some pictures with better lighting the next time around. Any tips on getting the right amount of light?

Thanks for sticking around and giving me tips. :thumb:

they are looking good. yeah i think the lil one is just a goof is all. i have one i call punchy, she started out like that, took forever to get past that stage. but when she did, she started 2 tops right away and a 3rd followed. all 3 of which, i then topped, lol

she'll be fine.

give her time.

and, have fun eh

Thank you all for the kind words. Means a lot to me. It really does.. :green_heart:

This has been such a huge ice breaker for me. I know that my little ones aren't the prettiest of the litter, but they're growing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The seeds I used are also just some random bag seeds that have been laying around FOREVER. hahaha

Had just recently picked up some NY Diesel in Amsterdam when I was visiting, but I failed miserably with those. Jumped straight into water without knowing how to swim, basically. lol It sucks that the expensive seeds (5 of them) didn't make it, but I did add to my gardening knowledge with my mistakes. Oh well... There's a quote that I like and I think you all will too, so I'll share it.
I should add this to my signature and be cool like everyone else here on the forums. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

"When thinking about life, remember this:
No amount of guilt can change the past
No amount of anxiety can change the future."

"When thinking about life, remember this:
No amount of guilt can change the past
No amount of anxiety can change the future."

not bad at all. but i prefer one from the famous shrink, Dr. Sidney Freedman:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice."

hehehe

have fun eh

just a lil fellar aren't you.......

haha - First time I heard that one. :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Better be some thick ice to hold my big ass. lolol 6'2 235lbs

lol me neither, got the same height as you but more width....or thickness......lmfao

LOL - I am no Shaquille O’Neal, that's for sure. :laughtwo:

I used to be 300+lbs. Then the Army happened... lol

I've been out since 2012 and have put on a lot of weight, but I'm gettin it off again... bit by bit :cheesygrinsmiley::Namaste:

Have been struggling with PTSD/mental illness/anxiety/etc. Since I started being able to relax while smoking flower, it has really helped with my overall life and how I carry myself. It wasn't always like this though.. I used to bug out on it, still can... I've been elevating myself lately though. Mind, spirit, body, and soul. :rollit::bongrip:

I finally got myself a signature. Have to make sure and post in each thread again, since it doesn't update. It is nice to have people stop in and give their opinions, or to tell you that you're doing a good job. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

A little update on my plants: Lights are out now. I'm about to call it a night. The pots feel a lot lighter now, so I think that it'll be time to water them again soon. This time with nutes and all that stuff, since I received my mail. Gnight.

Thinking about watering my plants. It's been 2weeks or so since I've watered them. I think they still look fine, but I feel like I'm torturing them by not giving them water for so long. :O Time for lights out in 15 minutes. Very indecisive on whether I should water them. I tried to upload the photos, but didn't have the option like I normally would. Maybe it's currently unavailable? I'll try to upload them again first thing in the morning, or better yet... I'll take new ones in the morning. Hope to hear some feedback once the photos are uploaded. The biggest of them is looking nice though. I'm very shocked. Gnight.

If it's REALLY been two weeks, they probably do need water. They will tell you when they need it.

I went back and looked. Your post said you soaked the pot on the 5th, I believe. So it has been 10 days. They are small and in large pots so I suspect they can go longer without more water. Watch and they will let you know. Since small plants in solo cups can go 2 weeks without water, I'd be surprised if they are really in danger.

Okay. Thank you for clearing that up for me and calming me down a bit. Been PMin with Croatsan a bit about this already too. I won't be as nervous about it now. Will keep an eye on them, which is easy for me to do since I'm in the same room with them 24/7. :cheesygrinsmiley: If I notice any changes, I'll be sure to tell. I will eventually move my plants into the 14L pots and mix the soil with perlite. The pots they're currently in don't have any perlite mixed in with them. There's like a reddish color residue towards the bottom, on the side of the pot where the drainage slits are. I was thinking that might come from the clay pebbles, but it seemed a lot higher than the actual clay pebbles themselves which are at the bottom of each pot. It seems I've reached my maximum capacity on uploads already. I've only uploaded 24 photos though. No idea

Here are the photos as promised. Oh, and it seems that my pot has an extra inhabitant. Peaking out for light at the bottom of the pot. No idea what that is, but it's cool... right? lol - Also, you can see the red residue I had mentioned. :cheesygrinsmiley: Hope they don't look that bad to you all. Thanks again for everything. Hope you won't get tired of hearing that word. I like to use it a lot, but that's just because I am nice person. ;-)
0022929.jpg
0013026.jpg
0032809.jpg
0042622.jpg

EDIT: - - - Will start adding temperature/RH to my posts, since I feel like my thread is lacking in information.

-------------- Temp: 75º / RH: 50% ------------ Much love. :Namaste:

Here are the photos as promised. Oh, and it seems that my pot has an extra inhabitant. Peaking out for light at the bottom of the pot. No idea what that is, but it's cool... right? lol - Also, you can see the red residue I had mentioned. :cheesygrinsmiley: Hope they don't look that bad to you all. Thanks again for everything. Hope you won't get tired of hearing that word. I like to use it a lot, but that's just because I am nice person. ;-)
0022929.jpg
0013026.jpg
0032809.jpg
0042622.jpg

EDIT: - - - Will start adding temperature/RH to my posts, since I feel like my thread is lacking in information.

-------------- Temp: 75º / RH: 50% ------------ Much love. :Namaste:
they look nice..and the roommate.. an old seed? looks like pepper seed :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom