NugSlinger420 Hempy Bucket - 14 - 2L - 2' T5 + CFL - Cabinet

o thats good to know

You should give it a try, it is supposed to be most useful in flowering to pack on weight and trichomes. Make sure to get unsulphered molasses. Here are some more pics of my babies, i'm growing wappa(100% indica) and nebula(70/30 indica/sativa).

Wappa
IMAG02106.jpg

Nebula
IMAG02079.jpg

Nebula is still growing faster than the indica but that was expected. I'm probably going to top them and LST, definitely LST. The nebula won't fit if i don't tie her down

Ok thanks to everybody here at 420 magazine I've got the knowledge and confidence to start my 1st hydro grow and 2nd grow ever. I chose hempy buckets for the ease of upkeep and the results I've seen in other journals. I have a few questions though. Mainly, what medium to use. Perlite/verm, coco/perlite, just coco, and hydroton? I think I want to go with the coco/perlite mix, all Perlite on the bottom 2 - 2.5" then a 70/30 mix of coco/Perlite to the top. Does this sound about right? Also, how to germ and start the seeds. I want to try the jiffy pucks but I'm not entirely sure how to use them. Do I germ the seeds first in a papertowel or just soak the puck and put the seeds in? I'm most likely going to grow my one pineapple express fem and another same auto. And take clones from the non auto 2 or 3 weeks before I put the lights on 12/12 to flower everything at the same time (the auto will be almost done by this point). My setup is pretty much ready to go, I'm waiting for my t5 to come in and to decide what medium to use. Here's what I'm working with.

IMAG01555.jpg
IMAG01568.jpg

Ok....

So i get 100% germination from seed every single time and usually within 24 hours but definately within 48. Take some regular kitchen towel (NOT TOILET PAPER EVER as seeds grow into it and u will damage them when removing for planting) and soak it in warm water then ring it out so it is just damp. Place the kitchen towel on a plate. put ur seeds on top of kitchen towel nicely spaced apart. Take another piece of kitchen towel, i say piece but i mean unravel several pieces and fold into one, then soak in warm water and ring out then place on top of seeds. Place another plate ontop then place into a black bin liner and pop into dark warm place. Dont pop in and check every hour or so, just leave over night for 24hours before checking. Be extremely gentle when checking, just peel back paper towel carefully. Remove any that are ready and place root down into ur pre soaked jiffy pellet or rock wool or even straight into soil if u must. I usually soak jiffy pellets in very weak nute and superthrive and root excellurator or rhizotonic ( when using rhizo be certain to adjust ph as at will make your ph very high).

As for mollasses in veg. Just be careful about using it too often. It is beneficial to the good microbes and gives a little enegy boost to plant. But and its a BIG BUT, in the very way it is beneficial to good bacteria it is also good for development of bad bacteria and attracts pests. So u can find urself in the s**t if used too much. Def use it in flowering but again sparingly as it def helps in flower development and gives a sweetness to the buds. And just make sure ur grow area is spotless to minimise pests finding there way in.

For ur filter, if u are placing it outside the grow room, place some ona gel in the grow room in the ducting via a t piece. This way u are double buffering the odour and compensating for any inefficiency that blowing through the filter gives. When chosing a filter Rhinos are prob best on the market, they really do work and are much much better than cheap can filters but u get what u pay for i guess.

Good journal so far. Hope my input helps.

Chow.

Haha toilet paper was a matter of circumstance not choice. It worked but I won't be doing it again. I have a small ozone generator that I got a while back to help with allergies and stuff. So I plan on putting that next to the carbon filter in my closet. My grow isn't 100% stealth but I have it set up in a way so it doesn't look like what it actually is lol. I can deal with some smell as I smoke daily in my apartment and no one says anything. As long as you can't smell it in the hallway or outside im good!

And to cross -- I've only grown from seed, these will be my first non auto so I think I'm going to clone these to test my hand at it. I won't have room for them so ill probably give them away or chopping down if no one wants them.

i bought 2 seeds last year and been growing and giving away clones left and right to friends all for practice. i need to get a couple new strains lol

Nice! I hope it's as easy to clone as everyone makes it seem.

Little babies looking good. :high-five:

Thanks. I think I burned them a tiny bit with one of my foliar sprays, just a couple small yellow spots. It could even be from the beads of water sitting on the leaves. I'm not sure what it is, so I'm just going to not foliar feed until it goes away, just plain water. They are both growing well despite the minor yellowing. I started LST on the Nebula yesterday, it's amazing how fast they respond to it. Since the Wappa is Indica I'm going to wait a bit before I LST, she's still too short. I will have pictures up soon, I'm too lazy to do it now. :roorrip:

I'm too excited! I just ordered a US Tubes build-a-tube stemless from aqualabs!! It was on sale from 450 to 350 so I had to get it! I was debating a few months back between the tube I ordered and another tube that was $450, a circ to 8 arm. At the time they were both $450 and I couldn't make up my mind so as soon as I saw the US Tube at $350 I ordered it. Eventually I'm going to get a gridded circ a/c from Itza, who btw used to be JP Toro's partner, for $200. Hopefully that will satisfy me for a while! :roorrip:

U def have what looks to be lack of N to me. Dont half the nutes. What is ur feed schedule. I wouldnt be foliar feeding so young, in fact i dont do it at all. What is in ur foliar feed? what is ur ph range? The spots are most likey burns from the beading water, its def not nute burn looing at those pics and they are too young to be looking at deficiencys really, although it's possibly its unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom