Nutes: Yes? No? WTH?

I am now using a ph adjusting soil and ph perfect nutes I don't ph my water into soil only ph the hydro system. But yes if I don't know the ppm of it then it doesn't go on the plants :rofl:
I have not used any ph adjusters in my indoor garden yet, but I do add it to my outdoor soils I make up. Never Ph my water outside when feeding. So far so good!

Haha I knew it!! I just knew I’d get back at saying brotha hahah!!!my bad on that one!! But I like them blue labs I personally don’t have one yet lol but I will get one. I have 3 of each pen readers because of how paranoid I am so let me know if you like them blue lab ones..

lol, no apology necessary! It made me laugh.

I love the truncheon. Trust it 100%. So easy. Clear reading. Expensive, though. I've used it testing soil but don't even know why I didn't think to check the nutes. DUH

lol, no apology necessary! It made me laugh.

I love the truncheon. Trust it 100%. So easy. Clear reading. Expensive, though. I've used it testing soil but don't even know why I didn't think to check the nutes. DUH
Haha no worries I couldn’t even tell ya how many nucklhead things I’ve done in the past when theirs ways to make certain things easier and end up going down the long yellow brick road that takes longer!!

Gorgeous plants! As mentioned the yellowing is normal and some strains do it more than others. Definitely keep feeding them heavy as they bulk up!

I guess I was under the impression that a healthy plant had healthy green leaves up until the last week or two of bud development. Much to learn here. Much....to....learn....

I have 7 plants and 7 strains....some definitely are more finicky than others. It would be nice to have 3 plants all the same stain so I could play around a bit and see what happens.

Given enough nitrogen in flowering will keep the leaves greener but you don't want to give too much N in flower. When using fox farms trio I would just add an extra 50-100 ppm of grow big to try get the yellowing leaves to change but it will take up to 2 weeks to see a change

I can almost prove your point you just made to a T my friend! I’ve got an unknown strain I’ve had under lock and key that when I put one of her relatives outside she demands more nitrogen, but if I were to put the same strain in my indoor set up I don’t have to add the extra grow big to my schedule during their stretch. But definitely will take some time to notice that change in colors I have a train wreck right now that I had to add more nitrogen because she was just starting her bud development and it took about 2 weeks to notice the leaves change back to green.

Given enough nitrogen in flowering will keep the leaves greener but you don't want to give too much N in flower. When using fox farms trio I would just add an extra 50-100 ppm of grow big to try get the yellowing leaves to change but it will take up to 2 weeks to see a change

I can almost prove your point you just made to a T my friend! I’ve got an unknown strain I’ve had under lock and key that when I put one of her relatives outside she demands more nitrogen, but if I were to put the same strain in my indoor set up I don’t have to add the extra grow big to my schedule during their stretch. But definitely will take some time to notice that change in colors I have a train wreck right now that I had to add more nitrogen because she was just starting her bud development and it took about 2 weeks to notice the leaves change back to green.

when I put one of her relatives outside she demands more nitrogen, but if I were to put the same strain in my indoor set up I don’t have to add the extra grow big to my schedule during their stretch.
Plants will eat more under stronger lights

I guess I was under the impression that a healthy plant had healthy green leaves up until the last week or two of bud development. Much to learn here. Much....to....learn....

I have 7 plants and 7 strains....some definitely are more finicky than others. It would be nice to have 3 plants all the same stain so I could play around a bit and see what happens.
One of my staple strains (Mrs Cough's favorite) "Mango" almost always goes full yellow sometimes almost halfway through bloom while Northern Lights growing inches away on the same feeding schedule stays dark green until week 8. Which I would think "well, maybe because the mango is such a heavy producer..." but she's really only average at best. The Northern Lights will produce branch bending "sausage" colas while the mango produces more like golf ball sized rice crispy treat buds (best description off the top of my head...not fluffy, but not super solid, but have some give when squeezed LOL)

One of my staple strains (Mrs Cough's favorite) "Mango" almost always goes full yellow sometimes almost halfway through bloom while Northern Lights growing inches away on the same feeding schedule stays dark green until week 8. Which I would think "well, maybe because the mango is such a heavy producer..." but she's really only average at best. The Northern Lights will produce branch bending "sausage" colas while the mango produces more like golf ball sized rice crispy treat buds (best description off the top of my head...not fluffy, but not super solid, but have some give when squeezed LOL)

You’ve now convinced me I need to pick a fav strain and really get to know it. Understand it’s idiosyncrasies. I have mostly Sativa dominant...and I have read they tend to be lighter than indicas, generally speaking. Pale green even.

When seeing all these Uber green plants I need to know what I’m looking at. I’ve had green envy. Haha

Good tip on the 2 weeks.
I used zero Grow Big because that drops out on the feeding schedule from Fox.

@Moto258
@r0am1ng st0ner
@Southerncough

ok....question about nutes. Major newbie Q

maybe I’m not giving enough because I don’t add enough of the nute water itself.
This seems like a super stupid question but here goes.

How much of the nutrient laden water am I adding to the pot? I’ve read to water the plants first A little bit so the soil is a little damp and then add nutes? But this seems like the soil couldn’t hold the nutes.

Or do I use as much nute water as I would add water to moisten the whole media from dry until the nute water comes out the bottom?

Good tip on the 2 weeks.
Yeah I’m starting to learn and find out most strains being produced are produced to handle whatever climate their normally used to adapting too and grown in. Where I’m from not too many wild cannibis plants are regularly found in the forests haha but now that im able to grow them outside with out the fears I want to adapt a strain to the weather here and see how that plays out! I’ve noticed indica dominant strains can handle my climate but sativas just don’t have enough time to fully mature if I were to try and plant a sativa from seed to harvest outdoors I never get a full harvest unless I give them a head start growing indoors before I put them out for the season. Picky little weeds they can sometimes be lmao! Shoot I’ve grown a plant in the winter haha she’s still outside looking beautiful!!

If you try using just a drop of grow big when you get the yellowing, then keep it in the feed water until you either see less yellow (good) or leaves going really dark green (too much N). I think they tell you to stop using it because of how much P is in the tiger bloom and tiger has some N so you can also try increasing strength of tiger by 100ppm and see. Always wait 2 weeks

@Moto258
@r0am1ng st0ner
@Southerncough

ok....question about nutes. Major newbie Q

maybe I’m not giving enough because I don’t add enough of the nute water itself.
This seems like a super stupid question but here goes.

How much of the nutrient laden water am I adding to the pot? I’ve read to water the plants first A little bit so the soil is a little damp and then add nutes? But this seems like the soil couldn’t hold the nutes.

Or do I use as much nute water as I would add water to moisten the whole media from dry until the nute water comes out the bottom?

I may be doing it wrong, but I just mix my nutes up in two 5 gal buckets of water (one for veg, one for bloom) and pour the mix straight into the coco until it starts to drip out of the bottom. Maybe different for soil, but I'm a bit of a lazy grower LOL.
Also, I've been running dynagro for a while because it's a pretty straight forward, no fuss nute program. Also, my local grow shop always hooks me up with the little sample bottles as a gift with purchase, so that helps too!
Also, I bought a paint mixing paddle thing that fits in a drill for mixing my nutes but always made a huge mess but found that just using it to stir by hand works GREAT!! It also stands upright so I can just put it on the floor next to the bucket and it's never in the way!

sativas just don’t have enough time to fully mature if I were to try and plant a sativa from seed to harvest outdoors I never get a full harvest unless I give them a head start growing indoors before I put them out for the season
The indoor head start theoretically should only give a bigger plant, outdoors it should still flower the same time irregardless of when they started or their size, I could be wrong but this is my thinking on it.. :Namaste:

I may be doing it wrong, but I just mix my nutes up in two 5 gal buckets of water (one for veg, one for bloom) and pour the mix straight into the coco until it starts to drip out of the bottom. Maybe different for soil, but I'm a bit of a lazy grower LOL.
Also, I've been running dynagro for a while because it's a pretty straight forward, no fuss nute program. Also, my local grow shop always hooks me up with the little sample bottles as a gift with purchase, so that helps too!
Also, I bought a paint mixing paddle thing that fits in a drill for mixing my nutes but always made a huge mess but found that just using it to stir by hand works GREAT!! It also stands upright so I can just put it on the floor next to the bucket and it's never in the way!
Hey idk if you have looked into a compost tea brewer but I made my own from the design on the internet and Omg does it make a difference and it’s so simple and cheap to make. It makes mixing nutes so easy to handle!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.4 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom