Finished harvest today.
8.9 oz center pot 20 gal
8.25 oz right pot 20 gal
5.1 oz 10 gal

Right around 22 ounces

Thats estimated dry (60% humidity) weight based on 80% water and stems loss, its usually more like 77-79% loss so will probably be slightly higher.
Better than I thought it was going to be considering I did everything wrong, no LST no SCROG, etc.
Fed the soil very little really.
coconut water, Aloe Vera, Fermented Plant Juice of Alfalfa and Insect Frass.
a probiotic made from Kefir.
Little Bokashi and some Craft Blend And some volcanic tuff.
Chop and drop cover crop.

Faded nicely, lots of dark purple, bright kind of a strawberry color, yellows.
Extremely gooey and very strong sweet smell.
20230303_165816.jpg
20230221_122358.jpg
20230221_122955.jpg
20230227_131403.jpg
Amazing colors Wow.:yahoo:
Garden looks wonderful today Amigo. :ciao:
Hope your doing well.
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

So, been away for awhile, vacationing at a friends house doing a little fishing in Chesapeake Bay, staining my deck which i hate to do.
Getting close to needing to start another grow.

Also, looking like "preppers" weren't crazy after all.
My wife and I are trying to build up at least a couple years worth of food in long term storage before the shit hits the fan.
Between the likelihood of some form of climate change, el nino, Thwaites Glacier breaking off, droughts, floods massive heat waves, fires etc.
Our utterly insane government trying hard as possible to start WWIII.
Stupidly killing the US dollar because of out of control sanctions on country after country that has done nothing whatsoever to us and they are now fed up and rightly so.
Now this Ukraine scam which is going to raise food prices even more.

I just bought 125# of wheat berries this week and going to try to get at least 100+ pounds a month for the next year try to get about 1000 pounds of wheat berries stored up, maybe 500 pounds of dried beans and 500 pounds of white rice.
Buying a few #10 cans of freeze dried stuff, black bean burger mix which is quite good, corn, broccoli, potato shreds, spinach.
Everything with 30 year shelf life.

Bought a mill to grind wheat and beans to make our own flour.
Made pizza dough tonight from hard white wheat berries and an ancient grain wheat berry call Khorasan, was tasty.
Thinking about turning our 11' tall "crawl space" under the house into a grow room for veggies for tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and sprouts.
Bought a Martha Tent for growing mushrooms which grow fast and pretty nutritious plus are medicinal like Lions Mane, Shiitake, Oyster.

We took out most of our retirement account money and buying big ticket items, replaced our house AC, going to get a new fridge, new stove etc before the dollar plummets in value.
The rest we bought gold with.

We're seemingly headed for a perfect storm of stupidity, I would sincerely suggest you guys to follow suit and do what you can to prepare.

20230719_133959.jpg

Fresh ground flour for pizza.

20230719_171407.jpg

Vegan pizza, all vegan cheese, pepperoni, olive tapenade, bell pepper, cherry pepper, mushrooms,

20230717_172538.jpg

Fresh made spinach fettuccine from fresh milled flour which is insanely good and healthy.

20230717_162957.jpg

Fresh made bread with hard red sprouted wheat and hard white ixed with sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, Flax seeds.

20230520_120635.jpg

And for anyone looking for a weed grinder this thing is killer.
Its called a Flower Mill.
I gave up using grinders years ago because it basically just turned my sticky gooey bud into hash balls.
You can pack this grinder full and in literally 5 seconds its perfectly ground to exactly as course or fine as you like and it strips the small stems and leaves them on top separate from the bud.

Have you thought about a well and septic tank, how about electricity? Just in case you are serious.

I hope not Nunya! Safe is better than sorry though. Keep well and thrive if things don't go awry too. That's where the gold comes in I guess.
I hope not either but I'd say the odds are pretty high that something is going to cause a food shortage soon.
And it appears the greedy lunatics that run this government are going to make the dollar worthless.
Inflation is poised to skyrocket.
Cost of everything going up and the value of the dollar going down.
Fortunately we bought 22 ounces of gold back in November when it was around $1,650oz.
The dollar has lost about 10% since then, gold has gone up about 15%.

Even if the idiots running things don't start WWIII and don't make the dollar worthless, its very likely the upcoming El Ninó is going to cause food shortages and combined with the utter stupidity of what the US is doing in Ukraine will most likely cause wheat to go way up in cost.
So, its not looking too good.
Id suggest that everyone try to build up at least a few months of food.

Meh.. humans have been thinking the end of the world and society is coming since the beginning of time. Must’ve been nuts to witness plagues, famine, the Mongols, etc. without understanding their root causes.

I welcome it personally.. The baddest ones win when everything collapses, and preppers are just stockpiling stuff for us marauders to loot easier. I have no desire to live in a shattered world on bread crumbs in the middle of nowhere. I will be looting and pillaging until I die or am killed. I have 2 sons who will be of age, and lots of skills to teach them, it should be fun becoming warlords.

I will be looting and pillaging until I die or am killed.
Teaching them to steal is a sure way to do that. They can learn that shit from the government.
No possibility for any of that here.
Could probably get some solar panels if it gets that drastic.
You can live for weeks without food. Only a few days without water.

Teaching them to steal is a sure way to do that. They can learn that shit from the government.

You can live for weeks without food. Only a few days without water.
We have a small stream about 100 yards from our back door and I have a military grade water filter, might also get a couple 50 gal drums for rain water.

Meh.. humans have been thinking the end of the world and society is coming since the beginning of time. Must’ve been nuts to witness plagues, famine, the Mongols, etc. without understanding their root causes.

I welcome it personally.. The baddest ones win when everything collapses, and preppers are just stockpiling stuff for us marauders to loot easier. I have no desire to live in a shattered world on bread crumbs in the middle of nowhere. I will be looting and pillaging until I die or am killed. I have 2 sons who will be of age, and lots of skills to teach them, it should be fun becoming warlords.
Pretty much true.
However most of the end of the world talk through history was just from religious nuts spewing nonsense about their little invisible friend that doesn't exist.

Currently since 1975 more than 50% of every species on the planet, thats everything from mammals, fish, reptiles, birds, insects have already gone extinct and that process is speeding up.
Humans can't live without the birds and bees and other species we have a symbiotic relationship with.
We are currently in the 6th extinction.
Might take another 100 years but unless we do something very drastic such as maybe blocking at least 5% of the suns rays from reaching Earth then its not looking good.

The US Dept of Agriculture has a program for you to register your vegetable garden with them. Probably no chance they use that information to share your harvest with others, though.

Even so, no thanks.
My veggie garden will be indoors and completely out of sight and can grow year round.
No vermin, very few bugs, no people.

Pretty much true.
However most of the end of the world talk through history was just from religious nuts spewing nonsense about their little invisible friend that doesn't exist.

Currently since 1975 more than 50% of every species on the planet, thats everything from mammals, fish, reptiles, birds, insects have already gone extinct and that process is speeding up.
Humans can't live without the birds and bees and other species we have a symbiotic relationship with.
We are currently in the 6th extinction.
Might take another 100 years but unless we do something very drastic such as maybe blocking at least 5% of the suns rays from reaching Earth then its not looking good.

I agree that we’re headed toward disaster. However, I believe it will be a slow, excruciating process where we’re relegated to smaller and smaller areas of habitability with greater and greater losses of freedom and control. When governments can no longer placate the masses with the modern day version of bread and circuses in the form of mindless consumerism, they’ll drop their facades.

As long as humans exist, regardless of the circumstances, there will be humans who believe they deserve to assert their authority on others. It’s why I view the end of society theories as fantasies. There’s no way those in positions of power will ever give it up, even in a nuclear wasteland, and they will never leave us alone.

Collapse of society would be cool in theory but it’ll more likely just end up being a few lunatics with nuclear weapons threatening everyone else. Pretty much no different than now, just less distractions from our hellish existence lol.

The US Dept of Agriculture has a program for you to register your vegetable garden with them. Probably no chance they use that information to share your harvest with others, though.

Even so, no thanks.

What would the point of this even be? It’s all risk with what reward?

I agree that we’re headed toward disaster. However, I believe it will be a slow, excruciating process where we’re relegated to smaller and smaller areas of habitability with greater and greater losses of freedom and control. When governments can no longer placate the masses with the modern day version of bread and circuses in the form of mindless consumerism, they’ll drop their facades.

As long as humans exist, regardless of the circumstances, there will be humans who believe they deserve to assert their authority on others. It’s why I view the end of society theories as fantasies. There’s no way those in positions of power will ever give it up, even in a nuclear wasteland, and they will never leave us alone.

Collapse of society would be cool in theory but it’ll more likely just end up being a few lunatics with nuclear weapons threatening everyone else. Pretty much no different than now, just less distractions from our hellish existence lol.
Very possible.
Although we'll all be living in 125⁰ temps for 90 straight days in the summer while we wonder what lunatic is going to nuke us.

The water temp in south Florida yesterday was 97⁰

Back
Top Bottom