OG Kush & WWxBB Grow - Indoor Tent

I also had a couple of battles with fungus gnats. I tried using DIY sticky traps made from bright yellow paper smeared with Vaseline, but they just kept getting worse until I top dressed my soil with diatomaceous earth. That did the trick! Even after the d.e. was wet from watering the plant, they never came back. I started seeing a few recently with my current grow, so top dressed again. Fungus gnats have disappeared yet again. I doubt they'll return.

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420

I also had a couple of battles with fungus gnats. I tried using DIY sticky traps made from bright yellow paper smeared with Vaseline, but they just kept getting worse until I top dressed my soil with diatomaceous earth. That did the trick! Even after the d.e. was wet from watering the plant, they never came back. I started seeing a few recently with my current grow, so top dressed again. Fungus gnats have disappeared yet again. I doubt they'll return.

Good advice:thumb:

Sounds like a plan my man! Dress with enough to completely cover your soil. I doubt you could overdo it. DE is totally natural and organic. It actually benefits the soil.

OG Kush & WWxBB Grow - Indoor Tent

Update lights are on humidity was at 60%! Happy with that and the lst has started working got some decent inner growth happening on the OG KUSH and the WWXBB is making a comeback
420-magazine-mobile23545807.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2113075994.jpg

I've also started tucking leaves in the OG KUSH
420-magazine-mobile1498408825.jpg

I've also noticed that 3rd accidental top on her is growing much slower than the other 2 tops. Should I keep it on her her get rid of it to give the energy to the other 2??

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: OG Kush & WWxBB Grow - Indoor Tent

I have no experience or theoretical knowledge with accidental tops; I could only speculate that if you got rid of it it wouldn't hurt the girl - might even help! Especially if she's healthy and vigorous. By the way, are those potato slices working?

How much do you think you used as in how thick of a top dress? I've just ordered some neem oil I'll get next week I'll drench the soil to kill the larvae and then top dress with the de

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I always put on enough to cover the soil - fairly thickly. It will kill both the larvae and adults while also discouraging the adults from laying eggs.

I always put on enough to cover the soil - fairly thickly. It will kill both the larvae and adults while also discouraging the adults from laying eggs.

Once it's wet it's not effective on the larva to my knowledge, so the process may have to be repeated more then once. So do it preferably a couple days before you have to water Sneaky

Once it's wet it's not effective on the larva to my knowledge, so the process may have to be repeated more then once. So do it preferably a couple days before you have to water Sneaky
Yes, this is what I have read also. But in my experience, even after one liberal application, I've never had to redo it. (Knock on wood!)

Yes, better safe than sorry - it's very easy to apply it on a regular basis anyway, so might as well. It won't hurt, but will benefit!

Subbed.. I've found you can't really get the coverage to do any good against gnats with diatomaceous earth indoors. Study's have shown no change in larvae population using it. Good for adding silica to soil, too much can cause lockout... Potatoes, I was told to get ready to be shocked, I was, there was nothing on them, lol. That was after 8 hours.. I had a little bit of success with a h2o2 mix after a dry out but the population returned soon after.. Gnatnix with yellow sticky traps will have it controlled, say other growers, I'm three days away from knowing, lol...

Careful with that lime on top man, how much do you have for them not to be penetrating it?

Back
Top Bottom