Old Bagseeds'n Stuff: Relearning the Grow - Feel Free To Ride Along

Day 28, up-can up-date. You guys call this a "SaugaView"?
20240502_121550_HDR_(1).jpg

I got the bigger ones settled in their final homes yesterday around 4PM. Put some window screen in the bottom of the pot to stop spills, then a scoop of perlite, 2 scoops of FFOF amended with perlite, sprinkled a layer of mykos, then filled up leaving a solo-cup shaped void misted to retain shape, sprinkled more mykos in the void, placed the saps and watered them in. Writing down the process 'cause I forgot to get pictures :nerd-with-glasses:
B.I.G. had a funny root mass. It favored one side more than the other, so there was a 45° diagonal gradient of roots in her cup. Odd!
B.I.G.
20240502_121815_HDR_(1).jpg

Smelly
20240502_121738_HDR_(1).jpg
20240502_121754_HDR_(1).jpg

Top growth is looking a little different to my eyes...

Bottlenose
20240502_121804_HDR_(1).jpg

Ass Hat
20240502_121833_HDR_(1).jpg

All the bigger ones are looking a bit hungry and I hope that the fresh soil will fix that. Any second opinions? Feed a little while they're trying to dig their heels in?

Day 29.
Checked in and was pleased to see happy faces. Yesterday they all got a little sip of weak nute solution just so the yellowing wouldn't get too much worse while they're breaking in the new pots. They seem to be enjoying that.
20240503_143209_HDR.jpg

Starting with Smelly, who is praying a little this afternoon.
20240503_132021_HDR_(1).jpg

B.I.G., who is hungry but still bushy as hell
20240503_132106_HDR_(1).jpg

Bottlenose, who is noticeably taller.
20240503_132054_HDR_(1).jpg

And Ass Hat, who was fed with the weak nute solution too.
20240503_132138_HDR_(1).jpg

PH came out low again so I'm wondering what the hell's going on here. My PH pen is cheap (I even calibrated it) and I'm going to order a better one to make sure that's really what's going on. Looking into an HM Digital PH-80 but I'm open to suggestions, preferrably no more than 60 USD :oops:

So yes @MrSauga has, had that top down look in lots of his updates and we borrowed his name for the view. He works in the industry now. Comes back to say high now and then. Real nice member!

Garden's looking good today!
Wow... Now that I take a look at his journals I kind of remember reading some of them when I was still only lurking this site several years ago! Love to see a feller move up in the world 😎

Doing some stormy weather watching and thinking about stuff tonight.
The plants have started developing a nice smell. They all have that typical weedy veg musk, except for B.I.G., who smells sweeter. That has me excited about what her flower (if any) will smell like. I love sweet flower, however have had nothing quite like a really good eighth of Tangie I had forever ago. That is a strain I would love to grow just for the smell... Aww shit I'm having ideas again, that means it's bedtime.

Day 29.
Checked in and was pleased to see happy faces. Yesterday they all got a little sip of weak nute solution just so the yellowing wouldn't get too much worse while they're breaking in the new pots. They seem to be enjoying that.
20240503_143209_HDR.jpg

PH came out low again so I'm wondering what the hell's going on here. My PH pen is cheap (I even calibrated it) and I'm going to order a better one to make sure that's really what's going on. Looking into an HM Digital PH-80 but I'm open to suggestions, preferrably no more than 60 USD :oops:
I recommend not going too cheap when purchasing a pH meter. I like the Milwaukee pH 600 myself.
IMG_7355.JPG

Good quality and a good price. That's my 2¢ anyway.
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

I recommend not going too cheap when purchasing a pH meter. I like the Milwaukee pH 600 myself.
IMG_7355.JPG

Good quality and a good price. That's my 2¢ anyway.
I Love My Girls... :smokin:
That's perfect for my needs, one of them actually comes out to less than the ones I was looking at. I was about to settle on an older Hanna meter that goes for around 50.

Once I'm hired for a job with actual hours (and have more space) I should be able to justify the costs of better equipment, but what I'm starting out with is totally fine. I went to help someone with moving out today (did more standing around looking funny than anything, there were lots of people), they gave us some old high output T5 grow lights tho'! Love to dust them off and see what they can do :dreamy:

Day 29.
20240503_143209_HDR.jpg

That's the PH meter I use, PH-80. I've used it for a while. Seems like a good one.

So yes @MrSauga has, had that top down look in lots of his updates and we borrowed his name for the view. He works in the industry now. Comes back to say high now and then. Real nice member!

Garden's looking good today!
Hi Otter! Thanks for the kind words. Why is it whenever anyone says anything.nice about me, GDB is never around? I hope all is well in your world!

Day 32. I'm fried... Bear with me.
20240506_213813_HDR.jpg

It's looking like upcan barely slowed them down at all. Today they had a couple lower nodes pinched off in preperation for the quad. All but Stinky, who seems to be having different ideas about life.
20240506_213434_HDR_(1).jpg

I'm not completely sure, but it seems like she may be starting to autoflower. I will wait and see before we decide to train anymore.
20240506_213634_HDR_(1).jpg

Bottlenose is looking perfectly happy and normal. Not much to say here...
20240506_213522_HDR_(1).jpg

B.I.G. continues to be my favorite so far. Her foliage is starting to look very nice. Everyone in the big pots are now growing with nice, big, vigorous leaves, can't wait until they can keep the humidity up on their own so I can free up some space and let them spread out.
20240506_213355_HDR_(1).jpg

Now for Ass Hat. Aside from being thirsty here, she's doing some weird stuff true to her name.
20240506_213418_HDR_(1).jpg

🤘 😤

New PH meter is not here yet, so I don't yet have an accurate report. But when it is I will do a comparison between it and the cheaper VS meter.

Day 34.
EEK!
20240508_132225_HDR_(1).jpg

20240508_132233_HDR_(1).jpg

Today marks the start of our quad journey. Although I think i will make just B.I.G. a true quad. Since it's my first grow in years I'm experimenting. Hoping for big things (preferrably things that look like nuggets)

Reeky is being left alone for now. I'm still not sure if she decided to autoflower... Thoughts?
She looks all roided up compared to everyone else too. Fuckin' massive, mate.
20240508_132254_HDR_(1).jpg
20240508_132410_HDR_(1).jpg

Bottlenose got the nip too. She might be more of a sextupline. Depends on how I'm feeling.
20240508_132127_HDR_(1).jpg
20240508_132848_HDR_(1).jpg

Ass Hat is due for a new home. Once she's dry I'll get'er moved, but I think her pot will be smaller. Again, it depends.
20240508_133052_HDR_(1).jpg
20240508_133100_HDR_(1).jpg

Next grow I think I want to try sowing direct to final pots. Continue experimenting and finding my groove. I think my brother will join me on the dank side and try growing his own for the first time soon. I'll let him have my Alien Technology freebie if that's the case :popcorn:

I realized the piezo humidifier was gunking up my prefilter with white powder, and I don't want to buy shitloads of distilled water all the time to placate it. UGH! Fine. Switched out with the electrode boiler. It should go okay, the temps have been much lower lately.

I'm thinking your auto hasn't auto'd yet too.
Yeah mate I'm thinking that's the case now that I've had a chance to watch what's going on. She just got REALLY vigorous out of nowhere, like she's loving the Mykos way more than everyone else

Ohh yeah, the PH meter thing.
I recieved my Milwaukee meter and calibrated it a few days ago, then I decided to dip my Vivosun meter in the calibration medium to see if it would read the same, and it was actually on the mark... However when I PH runoff with it, it is slow and never settles in one place, whereas the Milwaukee can make up its' mind, even if I stir it around! T'was a good idea, thanks @CBD BudMan !

Don't mind the circus peanut icon. Placeholder..

Hello 420Mag folk.. It's been a few years since I first tried learning how to grow my own medicine. I may have a small budget now but it was WAY smaller then, and so was my patience. I'm not in a hurry to smoke everything anymore..

I've got 5 bagseeds in a little jar of water with a squirt of peroxide. one or two of them could be CBD hemp, one could be an auto, one could grow the lowest hanging nuts I ever seen. For shiggles I dropped 3 definite CBD hemp seeds in a mostly empty bottle of water just to see if they would do anything. All seeds are older than 3 years.

I do hope these seeds take their sweet ass time. I have a Mars Hydro TS-600 light and a Vivosun 24x24x48 tent on the way. The rest of my gear is old IPOWER stuff and the only nutes i have are GH FloraNova Grow (Can a bottle of that stay good for 6 years? Was I even supposed to use it in soil? Questions, questions.) and a jar of Element Nutrients Flower Fuel. Pretty lacking.. For soil I've had a 12qt bag of FoxFarms Ocean Forest sitting in my closet for 3 years. And another one sitting on the porch for 3 years, I won't be using that one for indoor stuff.

Things will come together slowly but surely, I hope to treat my plants better and watch them grow as fat and happy as I want to. Bean time.

20240325_123902_(1).jpg

The cluster slowly bobbed back up after this... I'm gonna listen to some Ween & wait for these little kernels to show some life

Feel free to share any ideas or feeback along our little journey. I'd like to talk with y'all when I have the time.
Best of luck my friend. I popped bagseeds 5 weeks ago today give or take a day. They are the ones in my profile picture.

Back
Top Bottom