OldMedMan's 2nd Grow 5 Strains and AirPots

groover and PaPa The deed is done, all the nutes are in. Believe it or not the pots had already started to dry out. Run off was 5.9. We are sposed to have more rain tonight, if not I will give each of them a gallon of RO water.
groover, they must have changed something because no milky color when I mixed in the Silica Blast in water.
Again Thank You guys for the help. :cheer:

I use Cyco silica. It's prolly a different brew. Aussie stuff. Here's a link if you wanna take a look.Welcome to Cycoflower Platinum Series
I think i've got rootrot.:hmmmm::peace:

Always fun to stop by.
Just curious with all that room you have growing outdoors (you do don't you?). Have you attempted to grow a ground cover?
Looking forward to seeing updated pics.
The one from 73 was scary. I remember 73' walking to school, 3rd grade in my bleached (tyedye style) bellbottoms and suede fringe vest and my earth shoes.
:popcorn:;)

Hi Bass Last photo update was post #790 and 791. If you missed them.
Will have more soon. Most of the yard is in shade and not suitable for growing.
I also have them where they are sitting because of security reasons, they are hard to see. Very soon they will be tied down and will be hard to remove without a lot of sound, I'm legal with this grow, but thieves do not care.:smokin:
Not sure what you mean about ground cover?

I can just see you:grinjoint: in those clothes in an earth quake! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

I use Cyco silica. It's prolly a different brew. Aussie stuff. Here's a link if you wanna take a look.Welcome to Cycoflower Platinum Series
I think i've got rootrot.:hmmmm::peace:

Hey groover Nice line of nutes, love the name ;) and the Roos.
Yea, I saw you talking to someone this morning about root rot. Bummer:smokin:
Maybe a larger container will help? Sorry, I don't remember. Hope you can do something for it. Man, this has not been a good week for you overall.:smokin:
The coming one will be better.:cheer:

Hi Super:cheer:
Thank you.:grinjoint:
I know you are missing your girls. :goodluck:

Yes i miss them more evry day.
But we had a lot of sunny day during the girls stayed outdoor 24/24hr:grinjoint:
And i'm pretty sure they're fine. The lady's watching them is a great person.
Hope i can upgrade my journal soon with unbelieveble, incredible and amazing pics of my 2 months 2 days girls.
:peace:

Aloha OldMedMan,
Just moved to the islands from SoCal. I'm contemplating starting a small grow (well... my seeds are germ'ing as I write this so maybe not "contemplating" :) and have been reading your grow journals as suggested to me by HawaiianDuck.
Man, your journals are quite huge and with all the personal stuff it seems they are not just "grow" journals for your lovely "ladies" either. I know I've certainly learned a few things! I've read a few other journals where the authors can be d*cks about people going off topic or "thread jacking," it's nice to see someone embodying not only Aloha Spirit but the Kind spirit as well.

Just wanted to give you a shout out and let you know I'm on board, if that's alright with you.:popcorn:

Mahalo
Roc

Aloha OldMedMan,
Just moved to the islands from SoCal. I'm contemplating starting a small grow (well... my seeds are germ'ing as I write this so maybe not "contemplating" :) and have been reading your grow journals as suggested to me by HawaiianDuck.
Man, your journals are quite huge and with all the personal stuff it seems they are not just "grow" journals for your lovely "ladies" either. I know I've certainly learned a few things! I've read a few other journals where the authors can be d*cks about people going off topic or "thread jacking," it's nice to see someone embodying not only Aloha Spirit but the Kind spirit as well.

Just wanted to give you a shout out and let you know I'm on board, if that's alright with you.:popcorn:

Mahalo
Roc

Would I mind? Hell No! Your Very Welcome Glad to see your here in Hawaii too. Also Welcome to 420.:welcome:
Early in my first grow Admin asked me about thread jacking. I told them it wasn't a big deal to me. We are growers and we are people and need to talk.
Actually the people are what is really important. Besides we need something to talk about between the picture up dates. I hope you can start a journal too, that's the real way to have fun, get lots of help, and make a lot of friends.:grinjoint:
I have feeling if some one did try jacking in a negative way, me and all these good folks would run em off.:cheer:
Living here is sure different than Cali, that's for sure.:ganjamon: It is much more raw nature here.
You doing an indoor or outdoor grow? If you need help, let us know! If I can't answer you, there some great very experienced growers here that can.
:welcome:

Yes i miss them more evry day.
But we had a lot of sunny day during the girls stayed outdoor 24/24hr:grinjoint:
And i'm pretty sure they're fine. The lady's watching them is a great person.
Hope i can upgrade my journal soon with unbelieveble, incredible and amazing pics of my 2 months 2 days girls.
:peace:

That's great that they are getting what they need, the Sun and Good care. You will have to do something nice for the nice Lady who is taking care of them for you. :cheer:

Hey groover Nice line of nutes, love the name ;) and the Roos.
Yea, I saw you talking to someone this morning about root rot. Bummer:smokin:
Maybe a larger container will help? Sorry, I don't remember. Hope you can do something for it. Man, this has not been a good week for you overall.:smokin:
The coming one will be better.:cheer:

Yep bad week. Anything that could have gone wrong has. To top it all off I think my plant is FKD. I got some Banrot which is etridiazole + thiophanate methyl. Sounds like some nasty shnit. Hope it works. Keep those fingers crossed for me mate.:peace:

Yep bad week. Anything that could have gone wrong has. To top it all off I think my plant is FKD. I got some Banrot which is etridiazole + thiophanate methyl. Sounds like some nasty shnit. Hope it works. Keep those fingers crossed for me mate.:peace:

You got it groover, fingers crossed.:grinjoint:

Your right that does sound dank....hope it works too!:grinjoint:

You got it groover, fingers crossed.:grinjoint:

Your right that does sound dank....hope it works too!:grinjoint:

The guy at the hydro shop said it's the gear man. He hasn't steered me wrong yet. He said to hit em hard and it should be sweet. If this doesn't work I'll try some H2o2. Thanks for your support bro. It really does make things easier.;peace:

The guy at the hydro shop said it's the gear man. He hasn't steered me wrong yet. He said to hit em hard and it should be sweet. If this doesn't work I'll try some H2o2. Thanks for your support bro. It really does make things easier.;peace:

No Thanks needed groover, that's what friends are for.:goodluck:

Thought I would mossy over here this morning....was a long wet stroll..:smokin:

Hey groover, hope that rot gets under control fast bro...I have faith in you though bro. You will get it fixed man. :cheer:

How does blooming work there in Hawaii...I mean you guys are like So. Cal on light timing? So a big long veg/bloom this summer then harvest monsters in Oct?

What was your plan? Or you like me....serious winging it. :grinjoint: I think the plants do what they want...this whole staged grow idea was a good idea...but like all idea's, it apparently got shot down in flames....:cool:.

So just realized something else...I have two clones in soil that will be this big in a month or so...WHAT AM I DOING? :smokin:

I think my provider is gonna be happy...he will end up with these as mothers. Saw him salivating a bit looking at my cheese the other day, then he said, "I am gonna want a clone of that." I already offered and heard..."my nursery is overloaded, I don't know" :grinjoint:... I will take new clones for my next grow from them. I have also been thinking of scaling down for summer heat to blooming just one big plant. It will probably be one of my freebie seeds like Bubba Kush and get a mother ready from her for my fall into winter grows...you just never know what I will actually end up doing...I don't. :bong:

Mahalo for all your kind words my friend and Aloha on this fine windy day.

Thought I would mossy over here this morning....was a long wet stroll..:smokin:

How does blooming work there in Hawaii...I mean you guys are like So. Cal on light timing? So a big long veg/bloom this summer then harvest monsters in Oct?

What was your plan? Or you like me....serious winging it. :grinjoint: I think the plants do what they want...this whole staged grow idea was a good idea...but like all idea's, it apparently got shot down in flames....:cool:.

So just realized something else...I have two clones in soil that will be this big in a month or so...WHAT AM I DOING? :smokin:

I think my provider is gonna be happy...he will end up with these as mothers. Saw him salivating a bit looking at my cheese the other day, then he said, "I am gonna want a clone of that." I already offered and heard..."my nursery is overloaded, I don't know" :grinjoint:... I will take new clones for my next grow from them. I have also been thinking of scaling down for summer heat to blooming just one big plant. It will probably be one of my freebie seeds like Bubba Kush and get a mother ready from her for my fall into winter grows...you just never know what I will actually end up doing...I don't. :bong:

Mahalo for all your kind words my friend and Aloha on this fine windy day.

Just take off those wet shoes before you come in High:grinjoint:

Well, not quite like so cal. we do have seasons here. Kind of think of them different. Rainy Season, Hurricane season, and I guess Summer. I've seen the temps vary from 48 to 105 degrees. Most of the year its 67 to 89. It varies by island too and which side of the island your on.
I live on the windward side of this island, so we usually get lots of wind and rain. The next town over from me gets rain almost everyday. Go the other way about 12 miles and it is barren and dry.
Across the mountain in Honolulu its always 10 degrees warmer and not near the rain we get. Guess that's why most people live over there.:grinjoint:

Sorry, quick break. :bong:

You can grow year round like I do, but you run risks of bad weather. Being really greedy I go year around and take my chances.
To finally answer your question. Yes, you can do a long summer grow and harvest in Sept. Oct., However the last two months are in the Hurricane Season.:smokin:

Actually, all the islands are different and on each of the islands the weather is different and once again where you are on that island is key. I have been talking only about out door grows.btw.

I am planning a summer grow after this one (course plans change sometimes)
that will be big plants and a long flower. We shall see.:grinjoint:

If you don't have room for clones, find a nice hidden place and plant them and check on them in 3 4 months. Never know.:grinjoint:
Aloha, it's bed time 6 am.

wow,
i too was under the imp. that growing outdoors would be great in hawaii....gee, now it sounds like alot of stuff comes into play....would like to try some outside, but here there are too many teens who dont care who owns what....woke up the other day to them sitting around the koi pond smoking, just decided to come in thru the trees....not good....so even the green house is out of bounds now except for reg. plants...cant take the chance....once they find it, they keep comming back, so might as well quit...and of course even tho its legal, no help from the nabs....hasnt happened to us, but to people we know....so we'll just keep quiet and stay in...
the silica sounds interesting...heck, this is just a great thread....finally got caught up....some interesting goodies here....lavendar:cheer::nicethread:

Aloha OldMedMan,

Mahalo
Roc

You are so right. These journals start as way to learn and teach about growing mary jane. They also seem to morph into something that allows us to teach and learn about people and life.:welcome:

Would I mind? Hell No! Your Very Welcome Glad to see your here in Hawaii too. Also Welcome to 420.:welcome:
Early in my first grow Admin asked me about thread jacking. I told them it wasn't a big deal to me. We are growers and we are people and need to talk.
Actually the people are what is really important. Besides we need something to talk about between the picture up dates. I hope you can start a journal too, that's the real way to have fun, get lots of help, and make a lot of friends.:grinjoint:
I have feeling if some one did try jacking in a negative way, me and all these good folks would run em off.:cheer:
Living here is sure different than Cali, that's for sure.:ganjamon: It is much more raw nature here.
You doing an indoor or outdoor grow? If you need help, let us know! If I can't answer you, there some great very experienced growers here that can.
:welcome:

Mahalo OMM,
I would love to start a journal, but this is going to be my first grow EVER :scratchinghead: yes I know it's probably best for me to have it all documented in a grow journal forum to get help and whatnot, but at the same time its a pretty small grow with seeds I probably got ripped off on and I just dont want to subject the world to my lameness just yet. ^_^

I'll definitely think about it though. I got a couple wooden pallets for free of of CL that I'm planning to convert into a lanai grow box, when I start that I will definitely document it for others. Like my friend's dad always says, "If it's for free, then its for meee!" or like my gf's dad says, "Free first, cheap second, buy last." haha, so these are the mottos behind my first grow. It might get ugly.

I will definitely take you up on your offer of help though, in fact I already have a question for you (if you don't mind)... I went to Home depot and bought the Niu top soil, compost, and black cinders - do you think that was a good idea or should I return and try to find FFOF somewhere? I also have cacti soil containing pumice, forest humus, compost and worm castings (left over from my bonsai and plumeria cuttings) that I was think of throwing into the mix since I did not find any perlite at HD. I would greatly appreciate your input whenever you have the time. Mahalo nui loa!

Roc

Back
Top Bottom