Onthe420train's 420 Grow

ya they are folding inwards from over watering

that plant is in a different mix than most of the others and therefore had issues when the other ones were fine for the most part. unfortunately I got stem rot on 2 from over watering but one has recovered fine and one is still recovering from the stem rot.

ya they are folding inwards from over watering

that plant is in a different mix than most of the others and therefore had issues when the other ones were fine for the most part. unfortunately I got stem rot on 2 from over watering but one has recovered fine and one is still recovering from the stem rot.

Hmm... I have a plant doing the same thing, but mine cant be from over watering. I think mine is just picking with PPM ranges.

ya maybe it is from PPM issues but all the other plants are fine... the affected plants are clones the rest are seed, but there are unaffected clones too... those clones had trouble somewhere, I never used that mix again but it was great for the seeds I planted in it.

Here are pictures of what causes that for me - I remember now I was going to do this 2 weeks ago and did it for some but not all of the plants I did like this - hydroton makes it hard for roots to breathe without net cupping.

hydrotoninbottom1.JPG

hydrotoninbottom2.JPG

hydrotoninbottom3.JPG

hydrotoninbottom5.JPG

yea right now I have mostly all feminized plants in veg - 8 or 10 - and over 60 clones rooting (over 1/4 with roots by now, most likely).

I've kind of died on the pictures it just takes too long to take pics of everything haha.

thats how you do it.. that really is the hardest part, timing your clones just right to be ready right when you need them...

yah, I know what you mean about the pics.. I gotta get stoned so i enjoy taking pics, but then i get so confused uploading lol

when it comes to timing the more time you can give a clone the better because you want a robust and full root system for your clones.

yah, I try to allow 1.5 months... that way, even the slow clones will have maybe 10 roots popping, while my good clones will have a root base already in the rockwool... and man, those girls just explode when they get the feeder tubes from Deep Water Culture, takes a 5-7 days in soil to start shooting up

yah, I try to allow 1.5 months... that way, even the slow clones will have maybe 10 roots popping, while my good clones will have a root base already in the rockwool... and man, those girls just explode when they get the feeder tubes from Deep Water Culture, takes a 5-7 days in soil to start shooting up

what about when take a clone and put straight in 12/12 ?

clones have, in my experience, have a hard time starting off in 12/12... they like a lot of light to grow those roots... I would grow a clone atleast 8-10 inch tall, or have plenty of foliage, before i switched to 12/12...

well i just tried 1 out as an experiment so far so good, the clone is still very much alive just have recovered fully yet. still wilted 10 days old.

well i just tried 1 out as an experiment so far so good, the clone is still very much alive just have recovered fully yet. still wilted 10 days old.

i put a clone that was in rockwool for 3 days straight into a Deep Water Culture and put the feeder tube right in... a superb setup.. the plants foliage and everything came back to life rather quickly, but it just developed roots very slowly, not enough energy for photosynthesis due to low light hours i gather... after 2 weeks it had grown 5 inches... I switch it to veg light cycle 3 weeks ago and now now its 30 inches tall.

experiments are fun though.. just wouldn't recommend that if you want quick results

Well C5Rftw about the rooting slowly in Deep Water Culture - those setups often have low RH because they are put in closets or tents without a lot of open water, etc, so the RH is a little lower. With a humidome and 90%+ humidity thats what a clone needs for roots to explode. And yes it also needs 18/6 or 24/0 light to root not because it uses the light in growing roots but because if cannabis (short-day flowering) experiences long nights (12/12) it builds up a certain level of chemical hormone inside of its pathways which signal flowering so if the clone is rooting in 12/12 it will root and it will flower without a good root system and it will produce poorly.

when I grow a clone I give it 2 weeks in the a tray on a heat mat with a humidome and rock wool. plain water (w/ sea kelp) then transplant with plain water and begin feeding at 1-1.5EC the next watering.

Well C5Rftw about the rooting slowly in Deep Water Culture - those setups often have low RH because they are put in closets or tents without a lot of open water, etc, so the RH is a little lower. With a humidome and 90%+ humidity thats what a clone needs for roots to explode. And yes it also needs 18/6 or 24/0 light to root not because it uses the light in growing roots but because if cannabis (short-day flowering) experiences long nights (12/12) it builds up a certain level of chemical hormone inside of its pathways which signal flowering so if the clone is rooting in 12/12 it will root and it will flower without a good root system and it will produce poorly.

when I grow a clone I give it 2 weeks in the a tray on a heat mat with a humidome and rock wool. plain water (w/ sea kelp) then transplant with plain water and begin feeding at 1-1.5EC the next watering.

oh, i consider a clone to be ready for transplant(covered with roots)... sry if I was unclear, but what you were talking about is the process of cloning... and in that case, I do exactly what you do brother, but it sounds like you got a lot better system, as usual lol, than i have...

Back
Top Bottom