Onthe420train's 420 Grow

yup.

I picked up a 110w T5HO fixture from HTG for $90. I probably would buy it again it veges very nicely. A buddy has the same light and I saw some 3 ft tall plants he vegged under it - they were somewhat sparse rather than short and compact but still they were very healthy and quite large.

The T5HO outweighs metal halide in terms of cost, size, heat, and consumption when it comes to veg unless your veg area is large. Even then, though, the T5HO is a better product, but discount HID lighting can be really cheap.

res has been going for one week I'm thinking I should probably top it off now HAHA that is probably why I have those little spots I haven't actually checked it since last friday.

Well next week should prove to be very interesting for my garden because of two things:

First of all - all of the DNA Genetics girls are really starting to take off and flower. Super lemon haze is still far behind but everything is thriving and the flowering plants are looking very very dank with 2 to 5 weeks left. I'm thinkin I'll be harvesting a few plants a week from 2/14 up until 4/10 until everything in there is done. Somewhere in there you'll see it refill with new, healthy, vegged plants to start flowering.

Secondly - the plants are going to be going into hiding because someone will be coming through to look at the rooms next Friday - this means lights out friday signals the beginning of operation takedown - and I'll be disassembling everything and hiding all the plants in the attic. I hope they won't do too much stretching spending one or possibly two lights on periods in total darkness. I must confess - I am afraid haha but I know it will all work out - I still have a ft or two of headroom on most of my plants which are mostly finished stretching.

I found a couple of seeds maturing on a Trainwreck from seed - or at least I'm 90% sure its a Trainwreck - but keeping an eye on it it appears to have been flowering for some time now maybe a month. Anyone grown GHS TW feminized and had it spontaneously pop seeds because the pistils do not appear brown and pollinated and there are no males and apparently no other pollinated plants,

oh, yah its stuff working out light schedules sometimes.. just gotta find another room sometimes, but then you need another light... Im in the middle of this..

making good friends on 420Mag! That is what life is all about, what a good friends you guys have become+rep!
:goodjob:

Hahah thanks man,

Well I just did some number crunching and figured out that FloraNova is cheaper to run. This is surprising to me actually I thought it would be more expensive but my numbers are based on the following:

A 20 gallon reservoir with an 11 week schedule for clones.

Week 1 "Mild Growth" 18/6
1 reservoir ppm FloraNova 860, Flora 1010
Weeks 2-3 "Growth" 16/8
1 reservoir ppm FloraNova 1530, Flora 1080
Weeks 4-5 "Transition" 12/12
1 reservoir ppm FloraNova 1550, Flora 1390
Weeks 6-10 "Bloom"
2 reservoirs ppm FloraNova 1570, Flora 1460
Week 11 "Ripen"
1 reservoir ppm FLoraNova 880, Flora 540

Which reads out a total need for:
Floranova:
grow: 0.13 gal, bloom 0.13 gal.
Flora:
grow: 0.25 gal, micro: 0.25 gal, bloom: 0.3 gal,

And with an estimated cost of $30 a gallon for Flora and $90 a gallon for FloraNova I calculate the total cost of 11 weeks of Flora to be $24 while 11 weeks of FloraNova is only $23.4

So, guess I will be buying gallons of FloraNova rather than gallons of Flora.

For a qt calculation, the price of Flora in a qt is about 1/2 of what it is for a gallon (with tax) to me. So $15 a qt, using Qt.s of flora the grow is $45 rather than $24. Using Qts of FloraNova ($30 a piece) it is only about $30.

Also you can buy a gallon of FN for $70... $140 for the two bottles.

Therefore, my conclusion is that FloraNova is the ideal purchase over Flora in all situations except for DWC without rot control and low temps.

For a qt calculation, the price of Flora in a qt is about 1/2 of what it is for a gallon (with tax) to me. So $15 a qt, using Qt.s of flora the grow is $45 rather than $24. Using Qts of FloraNova ($30 a piece) it is only about $15.

messed that up because it uses 1/2 a bottle, so $15. 1/3 the cost of Flora if you do it like I do... however people with Flora use their reservoirs for a month or longer at a time with additives H2O2 and hygrozyme and the like... I just use the FN in a reservoir and leave it for *up to* 2 weeks. wouldn't want to leave it longer but amn't experiencing problems in the reservoir as it is.

Righto and guess its been 12/12 in the box for 32 days about by now and the seed plants are 40 days old and the flowering plants are going on 2 months or older - some of the clones are almost 3 months since cut *yikes* could speed that up a bit.

f10_plants.JPG

f10_plants_2.JPG

f10_plants_3.JPG

f10_plants_4.JPG

f10_plants_5.JPG

f10_plants_6.JPG

f10_plants_7.JPG

well it took me about an hour to take down the table plants and tent and pack everything up and now I just need to do final touches of stashing and hiding the plants and equipment behind the wall... then tomorrow I am going to take my time setting up the plants and really get some good pics of all of them.

long story short I rent and grow :slide::slide::slide:

smell is a non-issue just cover it by burning herbs and incense and airing out the room with fans... however actually getting near and in the same room as the plants the smell is extremely strong and intoxicating.

theyy got about 5 hours of light today and will resume normal 12/12 tomorrow - total of 19 hours lights on time missed - I can see the tallest plant grew another couple centimeters in the dark. they pretty tall, but its like super bud in there there is bud and plants everywhere its awesome.

gonna water bloomers tonight with good old FN bloom and koolbloom in generous quantities - really PK boost them so they produce some fat nugs.

Back
Top Bottom