OregonGrown's First Attempt - Soil - Bag Seed - Mars2

Today's update! Not much has changed. Pretty sure she is working on her roots right now, she is happy but not really exploding with growth. There are some new leaves forming and popping out but I expect a growth spurt in the next week. She hasn't had water since Sunday and is starting to feel pretty light, I am going to wait!!! I am not sure if I should feed her again the next watering or just do water? She seems delighted with the nutes so maybe another 1/4 strength dose? Also, since these are not "Organic" nutes is it ok to store a half batch in a sealed milk jug for a few days before watering? So when do you think I should top her?
6-1-16.jpg

6-1-16_2.jpg

OG79

:bravo: she looKS to be coming along nicely. Maybe try 1/4 strength and see how she responds. I wouldn't store and reuse them, not sure how others feel. You could always mix up half a gallon at a time until she requires more. As far as topping you can top her when ever you want, but if you are planning on cloning the top wait till she has enough growth on her first. Hope this helps and good luck with your grow

So, it looks as though I may have fed her a little early! Getting a touch of Nute burn on the tips. Going to use ph'd water for the next watering with no food. She is getting pretty dry so I am guessing she will be ready for water tomorrow or Saturday. Gonna go grab some pipe cleaners and start bending her over after she gets some water. I have decided against topping or FIM'ing because I am trying to keep this easy for my first go. I really don't need to induce more stress than I am already giving her!!! No pics tonight, nothing exciting to show other than burnt tips! Whoops!
OG79

I hope it's ok to ask this question here ?

Topping (cutting the main stem) will give you 2 main colas. If you snip the tips of the top set of leaves (fim) you could get 4 and cause less stress to the plant.

Isn't it better to do a tip snip? Are there situations where topping is preferred for some reason?

I was thinking it was too light of a green color but she still seems pretty happy! I looked and it looks like she may be lacking some N or Mg. I am leaning towards mg because the "veins" are darker green and the leaves are lighter. I will add some Epsom salts to my next watering and see what happens. If she gets her color back I am gonna top her.
OG79

I personally get rid of the mini kolas at 1 and 2, some people grow them out though. You can top at 4 leaving 3 and 4 for kolas, a bit of lst on those would give you a nice little bush. You could top at 3 and create the Y branch that I see quite a few growers use, very beneficial if you're not a fan of lst because topping again will give you a fairly even canopy with little maintainence.

Tbh it really just depends on what you want to do after you've topped it, 2 kolas from the same node will grow nice and even, 2 from one and 2 from another will need a bit of training to get the most out of them

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you want to try to fim it then just have a go. It's pretty hard to screw up a fim because a fim is kinda a missed topping lol... worst case scenario you accidentally top it

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So I fim'd her last night, hope I missed!!! :cheer: I have come to the conclusion I have a Mag deficiency so I will be adding a little Epsom Salt to the water tonight. She is getting pretty dry so its time for a drink! How long till she should start shooting tops out of where I fim'd her? How long till I should bend her over after the fimming?
OG79

Back
Top Bottom