Organic Biscotti 2.0, The Plug By Fudo

Is stretch when LOS first gets tested, or does that come deeper in flower? Stretch growth is traditionally lighter but if the bottoms are lighter as well, the N in the cal-mag should be able to help keep them green.

Should we go back to Shorty?
Thanks for the info Shed, I guess I never noticed but yeah the bottoms are still dark green.

Basically yes, the soil doesn’t get stressed till flower. This is I think the 3rd run on this batch. With each successive run the soil carries them deeper into flower. I’ve been using less tea and more Recharge out of shear laziness but I’m using less of that and later too. Cal-mag is always an issue. Oyster shell and stuff is ok but never fast enough. I just read Revs book and his soil is 10yrs old and still supplements cal-mag. I mix it pretty hot so I could probably get by with just Recharge. I always use Terpinator and boiled banana peals because why not?

Yeah, I think we should go back to shortie. Last time we messed with her she got pissed and took right off. :laugh:

Thanks for the info Shed, I guess I never noticed but yeah the bottoms are still dark green.

Basically yes, the soil doesn’t get stressed till flower. This is I think the 3rd run on this batch. With each successive run the soil carries them deeper into flower. I’ve been using less tea and more Recharge out of shear laziness but I’m using less of that and later too. Cal-mag is always an issue. Oyster shell and stuff is ok but never fast enough. I just read Revs book and his soil is 10yrs old and still supplements cal-mag. I mix it pretty hot so I could probably get by with just Recharge. I always use Terpinator and boiled banana peals because why not?

Yeah, I think we should go back to shortie. Last time we messed with her she got pissed and took right off. :laugh:
Rev is firm in using dolomite lime in his recipe. Out of ignorance I wasn't and have mag issues. I mixed up the new batch with it so I hope for a different outcome. Way more mag in dolomite. Are you using dolomite lime in your mix?

Rev is firm in using dolomite lime in his recipe. Out of ignorance I wasn't and have mag issues. I mixed up the new batch with it so I hope for a different outcome. Way more mag in dolomite. Are you using dolomite lime in your mix?
I am, but I didn’t use a lot on the re-amend, I was worried about ph. I’m not real scientific about it. I basically read the NPK levels and substitute more of one for the other if I don’t have it. I’ve been adding amendments as I go. For instance, this round I added Azomite.

Do you use his exact recipe? Next round, I’m going to try and be a little more careful about the mix. I’m sure increasing the lime has gotta help right?

I am, but I didn’t use a lot on the re-amend, I was worried about ph. I’m not real scientific about it. I basically read the NPK levels and substitute more of one for the other if I don’t have it. I’ve been adding amendments as I go. For instance, this round I added Azomite.

Do you use his exact recipe? Next round, I’m going to try and be a little more careful about the mix. I’m sure increasing the lime has gotta help right?
I do try to use the recipe to a T. I had an issue with understanding all the terms like prilled, ground, powdered, pulverized, etc., and thinking all lime was the same threw a curve my way. I knew nothing about this before I got the book so "coming to terms" has a real meaning to it!

I do try to use the recipe to a T. I had an issue with understanding all the terms like prilled, ground, powdered, pulverized, etc., and thinking all lime was the same threw a curve my way. I knew nothing about this before I got the book so "coming to terms" has a real meaning to it!
Next batch I mix will be closer to his recipe for sure. I’m adding stuff as I find it concentrating on the important stuff. No matter what I do it definitely gets better with age.

Hehe, well if it's dolomite it will help with mag def things and long term soil ph tempering. If calcedic(sp?) it works a little differently. I think if the Mulders chart says it's ok, it's ok. I just don't know how to read the chart in a detailed way.
Lol, I just stared at this thing for 10 mins. There’s gotta be an easier way to explain it.
:lot-o-toke:

Today was water day. 10 gal pure water split between them plus 10ml each cal-mag. I was thinking when I woke up I would be wanting to use Recharge because to me they looked a shade lighter the previous day. Slow intake? Not enough microbe? I’m seeing things?:laugh:. They’re drinking more and sucked up what little run-off there was quickly.
When I saw the plants I changed my mind and skipped the Recharge. A nights rest made a difference. They’re a deeper shade of green and the plants grew enough to need spreading out.
So that’s the only other thing I did besides raising the lights. I pulled them up way over the plants and turned the panels to 100% and the cobs to 60-70%. Still have some power left with those but they get warm. It’s 77F now and I don’t want to mess with it. They’re getting between 700-870 umols with plenty of room to stretch into the light. Have a great weekend.
:blunt:

B79FBD05-944A-410E-BCFF-BD8E3394853D.jpeg

87358B91-9EDD-4DAD-8340-98535C6896CD.jpeg

19A5058B-DC68-49F5-8DDA-2D990BC127A6.jpeg

7484108B-8B6F-4246-BE7A-A70EA495A27D.jpeg

80206DA1-BE3B-468B-9CDB-09257894ED1C.jpeg

8034A58E-6428-4B2F-BF45-D165A433FA24.jpeg

I’ve been very busy lately and haven’t been keeping track of the time very well. I’m calling today day 3 of flower. I flipped them on 10-31 and haven’t really been watching them closely. I guess I gotta call it close enough. They’re starting to stretch out a bit. I have no patience so I adjusted the lights to just below 900 umols. We’ll see what they look like later.

Day 3 of flower

8649F403-2EE2-47A7-B324-474F626747D1.jpeg

7DE4ADF0-31EC-40EF-A59C-9C81AAD86217.jpeg

D0E8F891-72D3-4245-8907-37B0E691D5E8.jpeg

3E4D42BD-C357-437C-9C1E-2FC37B50BFF3.jpeg

Girls were thirsty. Per Dr Sheds instructions, I gave them 1tbs epsom per gallon. I also only gave them 5ml cal-mag to go with it. 11 gallons split between them. I love my new addition of wood chips and loosing the plant risers. They both go good with my shxtty watering practices. The wood helps spread the water more evenly and the pots wick up from the trays, no waste and even water distribution at the bottom of the pots.

They look pretty good, but I do see a hint of yellow in some. Take a look.

6CC09673-A3F2-44A8-9AB9-6CE302CB46F4.jpeg

11D611BB-54D8-4D2A-84BC-50454CEA5EE1.jpeg

065FCEC8-D2B3-4F17-A664-A8CC094AD09A.jpeg

96E66641-B29C-4152-8EB0-B717D6661908.jpeg

408A9410-84E4-444B-8A62-3BB41FCE47EA.jpeg

366C9254-A88E-45FD-B138-7B828DBF2E7F.jpeg

AA5D0F30-1566-4AA0-8B00-6E7C5D86FDB3.jpeg

536D47E1-B1E1-4924-867B-D0D49A49D926.jpeg

0DCEB79B-40D6-4702-BF53-74ED3C8385D3.jpeg

The more I look the more yellow I see. Maybe phosphorus deficiency to boot? Might be time for some recharge. Probably didn’t brew the tea long enough either. See, this is why you don’t cut corners.

Right on, I understood what you were saying, it’s definitely there. I thought it was light reflection at 1st… They did look a little greener a few hours after I watered…I was thinking P deficiency because I had that issue before. Time to get the deficiency pics out and study up, it gets confusing, thanks for the help.
They’re getting Recharge next watering for sure. I’m certain there’s enough amendments in there, it’s pretty hot.

Back
Top Bottom