Fudo Myoo's Organic, LED Homegrown Journal

They’re awake now. Humidity is still crap but they seem happy. In a couple weeks I won’t want any humidity, I’m gonna quit worrying about it.

IMG_8718.jpeg

IMG_8717.jpeg

So I got ahold of the clone dude and there was indeed a mix up. The Frosted Gelato and Stank Breath labels were switched…
Today they got their first good soaking. The sips were completely dry and the mulch wasn’t as damp as I’d like. So I watered both with a half gallon RO up top spread over the mulch layer and a gallon plus 7ml of cal-mag in the reservoir. All the others got 1 gallon of pure RO which was just enough for a little runoff.

Frosted Gelato and Georgia Pie
IMG_8731.jpeg

Tropicana Cookie and GG#4
IMG_8730.jpeg

Tropicana Cookie and Stank Breath
IMG_8729.jpeg

12/12 is approaching quickly. The only thing I’m waiting on now is the Tropicana Cookie in the sip. They both have some cupping going on but on the sip girl it’s more severe. The one in the bag is snapping out of it. I’m hoping it’s just transition to the reservoir but the list of possibilities is long. The rest of them I dare say are perfect and ready for flip. It’s time to start thinking about teas and some Geoflora bloom. I know, it’s cheating but the stuff works.

Tropicana Cookie
IMG_8739.jpeg
IMG_8738.jpeg

GG#4
IMG_8737.jpeg

Georgia Pie
IMG_8749.jpeg

Frosted Gelato
IMG_8742.jpeg

Stank Breath
IMG_8741.jpeg

Have great day.

:blunt:

I would get fresh myco, mix a myco drench as per the instructions, and get it in quick.

Synthetic clones are tough to adapt to LOS so that would explain why your clones work better. It looks like myco never took on these ones. It's creeping into the others so I would also suspect a lack of quality soil carbon.

Start with this... tug the stalk gently... does the solo cup rootball pop right out cleanly?

If so, cut your Rev's soil to 60:40 60% coco, 40% Rev's, and perlite to where you like it, redust the rootball that popped out, and give them 10 days or so. After about 7 days, water them with some fish hydrolysate mixed as per the instructions.

Myco loves fish. Myco also needs lots of soil carbon.

It's actually a nitrogen thing. At 10:1 C:N, myco can barely survive. At 15:1 it can barely reproduce. At 20:1 it's starting to get robust. At 25+ to 1 it's ripping.

I'm not familiar with Fox Farm soil, so it may have lots of coco in it already, but it also may not.

I haven't found a commercial mix yet that is LOS clone friendly. They all cheap out on the coco and go with forest fines and spagnum instead. Great for older established plants, but tough on clones.

My soil of choice for seed sprouting, and for 1st pottings, is the used soil from a previously successful grow that hasn't been recycled. It's balanced and innoculated, and weaker than fresh soil. It's also plumb full of exudates (carbon) from the rootball that died and decomposed in it.

If the rootball pops out and you have an old organic rootball laying around from a successful grow try that soil. Properly hydrate it 1st before using it. Mix in at least 25% by volume, fresh coco and if needed add a bit more perlite.

Once the clone is in it, GENTLY water to full saturation with RO, let them drip out, and don't water again until the pot is quite light, but not to the point where the leaves start to droop.

Then GENTLY water again to full runoff with some fish hydrolysate (not emulsion) and let them dry down again.

If myco links up they will be looking good at the 2 week mark.

If they didn't link to the FF soil, uppotting everything probably won't fix the problem.

To me, this looks like myco didn't link. They have no control over food or water. They are patiently waiting for a synthetic feed.

Also, you need an analog refractometer. They are cheap. They tell you a brix reading, but they also tell you how your calcium is doing. Digital ones won't read calcium.

Also, those probes are ok for soil moisture, but I haven't found one yet that is even close on soil PH. A slurry test is only good if you test it with a good PH pen that is calibrated.

Don't worry about soil PH though, if you get the carbon and myco correct, PH will adjust itself into the ballpark, and once the plant starts to produce exudates, it will use it's own carbon to bribe myco into controlling PH for you.

You want your soil temp at least 68F, but mid 70's is better. Warmer soil breeds microbes/fungii better. Cold soil slows everything down, including transpiration.

Sativas are far more vulnerable in cold soil. They want jungle steamy warmth.

So theres some food for thought. See if that might jive with what is going on, and decide from there.

Start with seeing if those rootballs pop right out. If the do, the plant doesn't like that soil. If they don't then start with a myco drench.

The way they are holding water makes me suspect myco and carbon. That leads to full starvation as there is no control over PH occurring in the pot.

So here's a good tip moving forwards. If the commercial clone guys aren't growing the mothers organically, back away from the till and look elsewhere.

Most growers are still synthetic so lots of cloners are too. Synthetic clones work excellent in synthetic grows, but in living soil you need to convert them.

It's similar to a SIPs stall. The roots need to convert to feeder roots.

Organic clones will work well in both synthetics or organics.

Seed breeders generally only deal with organic seed mothers, so seeds are way easier in LOS or synthetics.

Also, as a side note, a SIPs mother will make clones that adapt to SIPs quicker, as opposed to a top watered mother's clones. And vica-versa. At least that's my experience.

So the right clone for the right environment makes a big difference. Especially if you are managing timelines.
This is a masterclass in clone starting and organic soil use! I will be mixing some of my old soil for the rest of my up-pots and seed germination from now on. Thanks Gee!

The Tropicana Cookies are starting to show a little more life. I think the cupped leaves are relaxing a little. I moved the light up the other day to lower the intensity Incase that’s the problem. Keeping it below 600 umol’s might be what’s helping. Looks like they’re starting to drink more, her sip res is a little lower, but the other sip is dry. I gave the other sip a half gallon to hold her over till I water everything else.
I’m shooting to flip them no later than Wednesday the 24th.

Tropicana Cookie
IMG_8777.jpeg
IMG_8776.jpeg

4 out of 6 are ready to go.

Frosted Gelato and Georgia Pie
IMG_8780.jpeg

GG#4
IMG_8779.jpeg

Stank Breath
IMG_8778.jpeg

Good morning. I gave everyone 1 gallon of RO with 5 ml cal-mag, reservoirs included. They’re getting big. The 2 T.C’s are coming along with less cupping and look about ready. I pulled down what needed it and realized they’re about at the limit of they’re allotted 2.5 square feet each. They need to start moving up.

T.C’s

IMG_8786.jpeg

These 2 can’t wait to be flipped.
Stank Breath & GG# 4
IMG_8787.jpeg

This girls hasn’t needed anything since the 1st LST. Easy.
Frosted Gelato
IMG_8788.jpeg

Georgia needed the most leveling.
Georgia Pie
IMG_8785.jpeg

So much for small plants.
IMG_8789.jpeg

Have a good day !:blunt:

Today’s activities. Very sparingly, I cleaned up the bottoms getting any leaves off the mulch and took a few big center fans out. I also took a few Stank clones off the bottom. She’s the only one I’m considering keeping off this run. We’re still on schedule to flip Wednesday. The TC’s are doing alright.

IMG_8798.jpeg

IMG_8799.jpeg
IMG_8800.jpeg
IMG_8801.jpeg
IMG_8802.jpeg
IMG_8803.jpeg

Todays the day! 12/12
IMG_8818.jpeg

Looking happy, even the T.C sip.
IMG_8826.jpeg
IMG_8829.jpeg
IMG_8823.jpeg
IMG_8821.jpeg

Stanks a beast.
IMG_8817.jpeg

I filled the sips all the way up to 2 gallons with 8 ml of cal-mag. The Stank was bone dry and took the full 2 gallons. T.C took 1 1/4.
The rest got the same soaking till runoff. I pulled the lights up about 3”, hope it’s enough. We’re going on a short vacation so I won’t see them for 4 days.

Back
Top Bottom