Fudo's Spring Organic Sativa Grow

Fudo Myoo

I’ve been contemplating for a while now when I was going to do this. My patient is really into pure Sativa's and a really good one is rare in these parts so I thought I’d give it a shot.

This is going to be a slow go because I have some significant room renovations in the works and the seeds are still across the pond. I’ll post the progress along the way and send out invites later as I get closer to lift off. Not a whole lot more to add at this point so without further delay, here are the stars of the show.

The Hulk and Panama flower a week apart. If I decide to go that route, I’ll run 2&2. If I go the way of Neville’s Haze, it’ll be 2 only in 10 gallon bags We all know why. Have a great night!

A58F30ED-4697-4154-BA53-D8E312234475.png

5D928308-CD61-4D04-8B3A-C1EAD93585DF.png

D0B07E40-738F-49AD-962E-E7F8271DDD4E.png

There is finding a good "sativa" and there is finding a GOOD sativa.

Cultivated Expert Haze last season and may plant some carry-over clones outdoors this year.
It is a 90/10 Sativa/Indica strain. Off the top of my head I would rate the strain overall a B.

Looks like you have some very solid strains.

Am no breeder, but it seems a lot of the emphasis is on hybrid genetics. Also seems like there are a lot more 'pure indica's" to choose from than sativas.

Good luck getting everything set up and getting your seeds from across the pond.

Look forward to watching one of your grows from start to finish.

There is finding a good "sativa" and there is finding a GOOD sativa.

Cultivated Expert Haze last season and may plant some carry-over clones outdoors this year.
It is a 90/10 Sativa/Indica strain. Off the top of my head I would rate the strain overall a B.

Looks like you have some very solid strains.

Am no breeder, but it seems a lot of the emphasis is on hybrid genetics. Also seems like there are a lot more 'pure indica's" to choose from than sativas.

Good luck getting everything set up and getting your seeds from across the pond.

Look forward to watching one of your grows from start to finish.
Thanks for stopping in FR, I can always use the help. It’s nice having experienced growers around to offer suggestions and spot stuff I invariably miss.
Yeah I agree, I’ve only had a couple A’s. They’re usually B’s & C’s. There’s some hybrids that give you about the same effect but it’s not the same. Not as “clean” if that’s the right word.

Good morning. We’re making slow progress around here. I’m remodeling our master bath and the boss wants it completed before anything else.
As far as the room goes, I’m hoping to replace the pex line with a spigot attached to the outside of the room before I get started again. That way I’ll have access to water without having to open the room up and it’s also more reliable and user friendly.
Here’s some pics that should give an idea of what’s going on.

EBAA8B51-D0D4-4EE7-A201-5600A14CAC83.jpeg

B50A611F-B232-4554-BE3D-78EAD6FCB454.jpeg

0DF7D657-3C87-4053-8A8D-9BA27E89B9A3.jpeg

Grow room is really taking shape @Fudo Myoo I'll hang around to watch the sativa show...

Been super busy lately trying to get everything finished . I’m almost done with the bathroom project. Once that’s done I can focus on the grow room. I did manage to sneak down there and replace the window Mylar with wood. Now all that’s left is a paint job. I might save the plumbing portion for next time. I’m only running 4 plants so it’s less water and I’m tired of working. I’m ready to get to growing. I’ll drop the seeds in the next week or so, have a great day.

72F9AAF4-926D-4F82-8F4C-F6A4D18560E1.jpeg

E06BB8E2-4689-40A6-8D4B-13F06C7284BF.jpeg

Moving along. Got her all painted up, disinfected and ready to go. I’m saving the plumbing for next time. I added a zipper to the shut off access to make things a little easier. Running a little temp check for germination, should be dropping the seeds in a day or so.
:hookah:

5D70597C-677D-4B8E-A33B-999EC807763B.jpeg

0D8D1D69-F816-4FB8-A718-2602F01AFA36.jpeg

2DC4F77D-6ACD-4980-B89C-4988B4A69423.jpeg

CD2E87B2-65AA-4A4A-84FD-619AF43D97EB.jpeg

Good morning. Well I finally got things under way. I decided to forgo the Neville’s Haze this round. I kinda already decided this but I really want to try the smoke so I had a passing thought to drop one. Then I thought that would be a little cocky and wouldn’t be giving the plant it’s due respect. The flowering time is significantly longer and the N.H is going to require a lot more attention in general.

So with that out of the way, we got 2 Malawi * Panama and 2 Hulkberry germinating. The Malawi flower time is 10-12 weeks and the Hulkberry finishes in 9-10 weeks. The veg time isn’t set in stone, I’m just going to see how they grow.

I’m using the same method of germination as always with a new twist. I built a base on top of a seedling mat for the plate high enough to keep the temperature at 75F as usual. The difference is I didn’t cover the seeds with a top layer of towel before I placed them in the baggie. This way I can check the progress without disturbing the seeds. I just place a piece of Mylar over the bag when the light’s on. Genius @Stunger !

For those not familiar with how I do things here’s a quick rundown. I’m growing in 7gal fabric pots in organic soil of my own making. I basically took Revs method and supplemented and simplified when needed. I love langbeinite and greensand but everything else is your basic organic. The exact contents are in previous journals but the current mix was re-amended and has been sitting the better part of a yr.

I’m making two fundamental changes in the medium. I usually only fill the bottom third with my super soil and the rest with a mixture of ffof, lobster compost and EWC.
This round I’m filling the entire bag.
There’s 2 reasons for this. One thing is the long flower time so they can use the extra nutrients if they want. The other reason is being Sativa, they won’t require the extra N in veg as usual so I won’t be adding the extra EWC and compost. As far as the soil being too hot, it’s organic, the plant will choose what and how much they want. Other than that, they’ll get Tea, Recharge, cal-mag and de-chlorinated tap water which has a ph of 7. I also give them treats but doubt they ever need it.

My lighting consists of 2 Budget 350w, 3500k led panels and 2 Luminus 95cri, 300w, 3000k (for red) cob fixtures.

Here’s a few invites and I’m sure I’m missing a bunch. It’s more like my safety net list lol. Have a great day!
@Emilya @StoneOtter @InTheShed @Krissi1982 @West Hippie @Van Stank (hope all is well).
:yummy:

30240481-1170-455A-9369-FCFEFD189B46.jpeg

8E462FC9-2E98-48A6-8E5B-33EEC6E346F7.jpeg

B28C9D8F-DCA2-4C19-9218-CD85B855493B.jpeg

Looks like you are ready to have an epic grow. Usually I'll put my super soil at the bottom of the pot and utilize amended super soil at the mid, and royal gold at the top. I might just use my super soil straight up moving forward.

Use to utilize green sand religiously, but the cost is out of control right now. Never used Langbeinite, since my soils are usually rocking with natural K. But am always open to any natural ingredients.

Noticed your totes! I just dropped almost $130.00 on six of them---I'll get my money out of them.

Very impressed with how your grow set-up is coming together.

Back
Top Bottom