Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

A bit of an update today while I was working on the girls. The tall Malawi outside got blown over but seems to be ok. I jammed a stick into the ground to support her. Luckily the other Malawi caught her to keep her from hitting the ground and possibly snapping.

Tall one
420-magazine-mobile1204655039.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1700170236.jpg

Bushy kit soil
420-magazine-mobile1050226049.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1690646964.jpg

The Afghani are starting to flower.
420-magazine-mobile1204237960.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1143264220.jpg
420-magazine-mobile411794793.jpg

My indoor Malawi
420-magazine-mobile977001617.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1596166686.jpg

Pink Malawi x mepetit. Sativa leaning pheno that seems to be the quicker flowering one.
420-magazine-mobile1662718557.jpg
420-magazine-mobile462284481.jpg

And the indica leaning one.
420-magazine-mobile706341029.jpg
420-magazine-mobile947996733.jpg

Peace

I don't think I've seen a Malawi with buds that fat before. Very nice! :bravo:
Thank you. Ace's Malawi is bred to have fat buds. The small cut of this I ran to sex it was one cola that was about 2 inches across. This one has got a ways to go yet. 5 weeks down and 7-8 weeks left.

I've been smoking on the one I ran to sex it the last couple days and it packs a punch. I'll pay a smoke report once I get to know it better. The flavor hasn't really developed yet.

Indeed, what they ^ said Morglie...lookin proper ! :thumb: Have ya tried giving anything (N) to your outdoor girls.
Cheers eh...
Besides the one in at gallon bucket of kit soil, I amended the soil initially with 6/5/3 and a balanced 4-4-4 organic fertilizer before I planted. I haven't added anything since. Are you suggesting that because of the yellow leaves on the Afghani? Would you suggest something like blood meal? I also have fish ferts that are 5-1-1 that I could add.

they look a little hungry for N...thats why i asked.If they were mine ...i would give them some of the fish stuff at 5.1.1.Its far too early for yellowing to that degree...wouldnt you say.cheers Morglie....have a great day bud!
Mostly the only growing I've done is with the kit, so I'm fairly new at diagnosing nutrient issues. I was thinking as much, but those plants had a hard time to start with and I thought it was a continuation of that. The soil there is very hard where they are. I didn't amend it last fall like the spot the Malawi are in. I just hit it when I planted them. I'll give them a hit of fish juice this weekend when I check on the outdoor girls. Thanks Duggs!

I had a couple of treats in the mail today when I got home. First of all comes a cutting of cannatonic. High CBD low THC cut. Thank you!
420-magazine-mobile300059025.jpg

And next came the drivers I need to get my first quantum boards going. 2 of these going at 90watts each and they make my pair of 300 watt blurples look sad.
420-magazine-mobile720210511.jpg

And last my happy plants under my new lights.
420-magazine-mobile895718715.jpg

Peace

Nice lights! The plants look like they love em.
It's amazing how much brighter and clearer it looks in there now. These are actually two of my veg lights for my new rooms. I was going to get a third and use these for larger veg plants. Now I'm thinking these two might do the trick. They are bright!

A friend is visiting so I took him out to look at the outdoor girls yesterday. The Afghani I fed some N too a few days back seem to have attracted attention of some varmint. One was laying down and the other one had a hole about 2 inches across right down into the root zone. Maybe a mole. If so, that means there's probably grubs in the root area that are eating my plants feet. Could explain the lower parts of the plant yellowing and dying. I propped them up and tamped down the hole. Hopefully they maintain.

The Malawi in the pot of kit soil was tipped over as well. I think that was from really wet soil though. I stood her back up and propped her with a stick. The Malawi are starting to pack on pistols. I'll try to get some pics of them soon.

Peace

Morglie...oh no...OK...you gotta put some cheap fencing around those ...right now! The animal will be back to continue it's quest! If they were mine i would break up or cultivate the hard packed soil around the base ...get it nice and loose ...then drive in some long , durable stakes for support OK! The fencing will keep the critters out while the stakes will help support as we get into more stormy , crappy weather. Do some research on what to apply to the soil at the base to rid it of any possible grub infestation. Moles and skunks will not bother them if there are no grubs in the soil , period. If you have used ANY Bone meal or Blood Meal , these will attract critters , by the plenty , as they smell it and will dig it up looking for a nice meal , OK! Outdoor grows with these things added to the soil will ALWAYS attract animals. Hope this has helped Morglie! cheers bud! .:Namaste:

Morglie...oh no...OK...you gotta put some cheap fencing around those ...right now! The animal will be back to continue it's quest! If they were mine i would break up or cultivate the hard packed soil around the base ...get it nice and loose ...then drive in some long , durable stakes for support OK! The fencing will keep the critters out while the stakes will help support as we get into more stormy , crappy weather. Do some research on what to apply to the soil at the base to rid it of any possible grub infestation. Moles and skunks will not bother them if there are no grubs in the soil , period. If you have used ANY Bone meal or Blood Meal , these will attract critters , by the plenty , as they smell it and will dig it up looking for a nice meal , OK! Outdoor grows with these things added to the soil will ALWAYS attract animals. Hope this has helped Morglie! cheers bud! .:Namaste:

I had blood meal in it. I was thinking today that that was what they were after. I went out this morning to brix and they were looking ok. Nothing had been back at them. The Malawi weren't an issue with animals. The soil was just really soft from rain. They're starting to build bud sites.

I think I'll have a bit to harvest in the next week or two. My early bubba and erdpurt x pck are at 6 weeks now and are mostly browning pistols. They are smelling lovely. Unfortunately, they will have about a quarter between them. Gives me an idea of what I think of the strains at least. I have more seeds of them to pop. Speaking of which, my seed order just came in and my rooms are getting close. I've got my flower room set up with my veg lights and my three flower girls. It looks like a room that Dexter would be proud of. I'll get a picture up tomorrow.

Thanks for the outdoor growing advice. I'm new to it. I grew a plant outside last year, but I just put it in the ground and watched it until I cut it. I never even had to water it the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom