Ace Panama, Groot, In High Brix

Morning Gray, yes sir I believes she did. Not only would she get the droopy leaf tips but if you gave her too much water she would slow down drinking too. In that 12 gallon pot she's in I give her 1.5gal water each time, she seemed to like that.

She does seem to respond best when on the drier side, I found a sweet spot there for a few weeks where she needed water every 2 days. But if I gave her a bit too much, or gave it a bit too early, she would slow back down!

Hey thanks DL, with help from the gang and the kit that destroyer has done pretty good despite my mistakes. Those colas just keep spreading out, she is a fluffy one but there is plenty of flower for sure!! Kinda glad she’s a bit fluffy, if not I’d be really worried about bud rot abkit now!!

Nope, those seedlings really don’t like it. Mine doesn’t look like it will recover, have you had ones severely affected but recovered?

Morning Gray, yes sir I believes she did. Not only would she get the droopy leaf tips but if you gave her too much water she would slow down drinking too. In that 12 gallon pot she's in I give her 1.5gal water each time, she seemed to like that.

She does seem to respond best when on the drier side, I found a sweet spot there for a few weeks where she needed water every 2 days. But if I gave her a bit too much, or gave it a bit too early, she would slow back down!

Great to hear, thanks! I noticed that mine's looking much better now that it's drying out.

Hey thanks DL, with help from the gang and the kit that destroyer has done pretty good despite my mistakes. Those colas just keep spreading out, she is a fluffy one but there is plenty of flower for sure!! Kinda glad she’s a bit fluffy, if not I’d be really worried about bud rot abkit now!!

Nope, those seedlings really don’t like it. Mine doesn’t look like it will recover, have you had ones severely affected but recovered?
When I did that a couple of years ago, 3 of the 4 perished. Learned a good lesson that day.

WARNING PIC DUMP!!

Morning gang, I wanted to do this update today incase anyone thought maybe one of these ladies is ready for harvest. I am leaning toward the CD-1. She has amber trichs on her leaves but the buds seem mostly clear still. But she doesn't appear to be swelling anymore and no new pistils in a while... Anyway, I dont wanna go on and on so here are the pics!

This Destroyer just cant hold itself up any longer. Those colas keep wanting to flop over... I have all kinds of wire trying to keep them as upright as I can. I will be glad when she is done! Not only for the smoke, but just so I can quit fussing over her. She is no longer pushing new pistils, nor does she appear to be swelling anymore... but I will leave the ripeness up to the sativa masters.

The CD-1 doesn't seem to be swelling or pushing any new pistils. She will yield low, but its for my wife who doesn't need much, and has a very low tolerance. She's looking like she is ready to harvest to me, what are your opinions?

Here is the Pupil Magoo I planted about 22 days ago. She just had her first full strength TP drench yesterday, and boy was she ready for it!! She was really thirsty...

Here is my Veg cabinet, I decided I really needed two veg areas so I set this up/split into two sections. So far so good, very low heat lights so no issues so far. In the pot is a Violeta seed I planted last sunday, I sure hope she comes up... the seed is in a rapid rooter.

And I think thats all for now! Thanks for stopping by and having a look!

Mornin to ya 119! Wow eh bud...look at those colas. OK, from what u said about the gland heads being still mainly clear on the flowers....i would give her one more week,...just to put on her max. weight. You have been very patient with her so far....wire up ...prop up...tie up those floppy colas...however ya can ....one more week ...that's what i would do. Give her that extra 7 days or so , just to completely ripen nicely. I bet your glad you let her ripen properly...now look at her...she has been grown with love...u can clearly see that....great job Mr!:bravo::cheer::welldone:

Awesome job brotha! CD 1 for sure and maybe even the destroyer, I haven't grown many sativa, just 1 Carnival. Still lots of white pistils though, dunno let's see whay the masters say.

Your pupil Magoo looks awesome too! Can't wait to see how she turns out.

:passitleft:
Thanks Ween! I appreciate it, yea I may go ahead with the CD-1 Harvest tomorrow... I think she’s done. I did lower the light cycle a couple weeks ago and she looked like she just wanted to finish up after that. Same here, that Magoo is nice and healthy... I too can hardly wait to see how she turns out :passitleft:
Looking like 10oz colas on that monster lol
Ha! We can sure hope so eh KB... idk how to guess the weight on her. I know I got around 8 zips from the Panama Groot, this destroyer seems much more substantial. But I’m not sure if that’s just the difference in the way they were grown. This one could yield similar or maybe more. If I had to guess I’d say maybe 8-10 zips from her. But who knows... time will tell!

Mornin to ya 119! Wow eh bud...look at those colas. OK, from what u said about the gland heads being still mainly clear on the flowers....i would give her one more week,...just to put on her max. weight. You have been very patient with her so far....wire up ...prop up...tie up those floppy colas...however ya can ....one more week ...that's what i would do. Give her that extra 7 days or so , just to completely ripen nicely. I bet your glad you let her ripen properly...now look at her...she has been grown with love...u can clearly see that....great job Mr!:bravo::cheer::welldone:
Nice, great advice as always Duggs! That will work out well too if I decide to harvest that CD-1... what’s your opinion on that one? The sugar leaves and fans have a lot of Amber but the buds are still mostly clear/cloudy. I don’t want it to be a sleepy med for the wife... so I’m thinking take her tomorrow?
Thank you for the kind words Duggs, means a lot! Yea I’ve been wiring those colas up, had to put in taller bamboo steaks... she’s crazy for sure!

I believe you can harvest both at the same time...next week. One more week will also give the other one even more time to gain weight and those immature gland heads time to ripen fully. Also, one more week will make virtually no difference now , in overall buzz/effect OK! So it really boils down to convenience now...for U , NOT the plants.
A less experienced grower would prolly have taken both weeks ago ...and missed out on A LOT of potency , flavor and effect.
Like i said ...great job 119!

Sweet, while it would be more convenient time wise to do one this week and one the next... I think you’re right on with letting them both ripen up more. Plus that will leave my tent empty so I can shut the lights down and hang both of them up in there to dry until jar time, or cob time for some of the destroyer.

Thanks again Duggs, so much easier to make decisions when you’re helping out!

KB had mentioned me maybe entering that destroyer in plant of the month... idk if I will or not. I’d like to get her outa the tent and get some nicer shots of her... but man she’d be hard to get out of there and back in without damage. Mostly cause she’s being supported with wire and some of that attaches to the tent... might break a cola. Maybe when I take her out for harvest I can set her up somewhere nice.

I'm with Duggs. I'd push the Destroyer another week. Lots of white pistols on her. I'd personally cut the CD, but I normally cut as soon as I see amber on the leaves. I don't like a sedative effect and Kit soil plants don't want to amber sometimes. It would be good another well though to.
Thanks Morglie, I agree on the CD-1... I don’t really want a sedative effect either but I think for convenience sake I will let her go one more week so the tent is free for drying. That way it’s filtered... gonna be smelly!

Yes 119, sounds proper eh. Great to use the GR/tent for drying too...eliminates the smell issue too!
Yes, IMO , u should enter the Destroyer...most definetly. Wait till you pull her out to harvest though....figure out a way to get her outta there(with some help) and support the mains somehow with strings from above etc. U can always photocrop the strings outta the pic. Set the suppert network/strings up BEFORE you pull her out...that way your ready to deal with those big , fat , floppy colas. Another suggestion for the pic..ok...get a black sheet /blanket or large black towel and drape it up as a backstop. This will highlight the beautiful plant you have been so caring for. Just an idea man! She will do very , very well in POTM . cheers and once again...well done sir!:high-five:

Before I saw the advice from the others, I was thinking to harvest the CD-1 nowish, and take down Destroyer in another week - at 12 weeks in bloom, it's old enough. I don't see it growing any large sugar leaves, so that's good, and the calyxes on those foxtails are starting to form more thickly than before. If it were mine, I'd give it a strong Growth drench when it dries and harvest a few days later. You could probably push Destroyer a few more weeks, but I know that feeling of just being tired of looking at her. :rofl:

She's ripe and she's ready. :thumb: Take her down now, or wait to see if a strong Growth drench will fatten things up any more.

:love: Beautiful plant!

Awesome, thanks Gray! I just have a nice 25ml GI drench yesterday. And I was gonna skip water and do one more strong GI and a Brix a few days before harvest... sound like a plan? Yes sir, I agree that the cd-1 is ready... but I may go ahead and wait in her one more week as well. I did notice from her last GI drench she out in more trichs! And if this one is a bit over done and sleepy meds I know for sure next time to take her earlier. It’ll be ok, I can just make this the wife’s before bed meds. She’ll sleep like a baby!

Thanks Gray, appreciate the kind words and advice! I’m hoping this Violeta comes up and kits on a good show. Not full sativa but reading up on her and she sounds nice, should be some good smoke too.

Back
Top Bottom