Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

I took a couple of flash pics while I was triming up my Malawi. I'm planning on letting her go as long as I can for her first drink. She's at 14 days since I transplanted her and not showing anything yet. I didn't drench her then and the soil feels very dry down to 6 inches where I stick my hand down into it, so she should be ready for one soon. Her tester goes over a week between waterings. I want to get her root system better since she'll be growing 12 of these on her.
420-magazine-mobile280554374.jpg

She sends her thanks to you, Duggs, for getting me to give her room to shine.
420-magazine-mobile1100704613.jpg
420-magazine-mobile262239582.jpg

Peace

Gave the girls their weekly leaf wash treatment. I'll get pics when I brix the outside girls Sunday.

The Afghani are looking very happy. They look like they are starting to develop flower sites. They should start throwing pistols soon. They're both around 3ft tall bushes.

The purple Malawi are starting to show pistols! That means they'll only have to go until around the 20th of October. I should be able to finish them! I was worried that they would take forever to start to flower since they are accustomed to tropical light schedules. Last year my Afghani didn't start too flower until Aug 23rd and that's a pure indica. Just a late bloomer it would appear since everything else outside is starting to flower except for them.

It'll be a very small harvest for the late ones I put out. Maybe an ounce total for the 5 plants. The big girls should get me a decent amount though. My totem pole Malawi is around 5ft and the bushy one isn't too far behind.

Some seeds arrived today. I'm torn as to whether to start a couple this weekend or if I should actually practice patience and wait until my new grow area is set up..... Patience.... I must learn self control or I may be in the same boat as shiggity with 70 seedlings.... And I won't have the room, even with my new set up. Probably should wait..... One will be going into a hempy. It's just too intriguing to my lazy gardener self to not try it.

Gave the girls their weekly leaf wash treatment. I'll get pics when I brix the outside girls Sunday.

The Afghani are looking very happy. They look like they are starting to develop flower sites. They should start throwing pistols soon. They're both around 3ft tall bushes.

The purple Malawi are starting to show pistols! That means they'll only have to go until around the 20th of October. I should be able to finish them! I was worried that they would take forever to start to flower since they are accustomed to tropical light schedules. Last year my Afghani didn't start too flower until Aug 23rd and that's a pure indica. Just a late bloomer it would appear since everything else outside is starting to flower except for them.

It'll be a very small harvest for the late ones I put out. Maybe an ounce total for the 5 plants. The big girls should get me a decent amount though. My totem pole Malawi is around 5ft and the bushy one isn't too far behind.

Some seeds arrived today. I'm torn as to whether to start a couple this weekend or if I should actually practice patience and wait until my new grow area is set up..... Patience.... I must learn self control or I may be in the same boat as shiggity with 70 seedlings.... And I won't have the room, even with my new set up. Probably should wait..... One will be going into a hempy. It's just too intriguing to my lazy gardener self to not try it.

I started my seeds before I built my grow area. Not only was it great incentive, but I could honestly tell my wife - I really need to work on the room (instead of other chores) or the plants will suffer :rofl:

Afghan and Malawi :thumb: looking good!
Those Afghani got thrown in the ground on a whim on the night when I was planting the older Malawi. They are the happiest plants of the group except for 2 of the Malawi. The one that I couldn't upload is a totem pole around 5 ft tall with the bush that is in a bucket of kit soil not far behind with 4+ft. They are starting to flower as well. If the weather holds I should have a bucket load of purple Malawi in a couple of months!

The thing that baffles me is that the Afghani hasn't started flowering yet and that's a pure indica. The one I grew outside last year didn't start throwing pistols until Aug 23rd so I guess they still have time. I figured it was just late flowering last year. My first time growing outside and it sounded like a lot of people were having the same issue. That's nice to know. I was worried that my Malawi wouldn't start until sometime in September. No way I could get a 9-10 weeker done here if it waited that long.

Thanks for stopping by Rad.

I trimmed up some small bits that were starting to flower on the big girl tonight. The 2 pink Malawi x mepetit look like they were starting to flower as I've been keeping them outside. I slapped them in 5 gallon buckets and put them in flower.
420-magazine-mobile834080248.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1302147188.jpg

A couple of shots of the big girl which is starting to bulk up. She'll be ready for a cat her next drink.

420-magazine-mobile1789790433.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1189683458.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1785367977.jpg

As you can see by the curled leaves up top she has too much nitrogen. I put all my root balls into my soil and have mixed in some leaves as well. I'm wondering if this has added to much N to my soil for a plant that hardly wants any. I don't want to skip cats, so I was thinking about alternating cats with trans through flower. She's only had a very light watering with 1/4 trans so far since transplant 25 days ago. Only enough to moisten the top inch or so of soil. It's light but the leaves still show turgor and I have yet to fill this tote with roots after 3 attempts.

And lastly, my bubcicle. She's at 78 days of 11/13. I'm thinking she's got maybe a week left.
420-magazine-mobile606686594.jpg

Peace

I'm trying to figure out how to duct my new grow rooms. I'm taking a 12' x 8' room and dividing it in half. You'll walk into the veg room, then from there you can go into the flower room. Both rooms basically 8' x 6'. I have an upright a/c unit that has a 4 inch house off of it for exhaust. I'm trying to figure out how best to filter and exhaust the air for both rooms. Normal filters are designed to pull air through, not push from what I understand, so I can't put one on the exhaust end. They do have inline, but would it pull evenly from both rooms if they were tied together along with the a/c exhaust, then ran through an inline filter to exhaust?

I'm trying to figure out how to duct my new grow rooms. I'm taking a 12' x 8' room and dividing it in half. You'll walk into the veg room, then from there you can go into the flower room. Both rooms basically 8' x 6'. I have an upright a/c unit that has a 4 inch house off of it for exhaust. I'm trying to figure out how best to filter and exhaust the air for both rooms. Normal filters are designed to pull air through, not push from what I understand, so I can't put one on the exhaust end. They do have inline, but would it pull evenly from both rooms if they were tied together along with the a/c exhaust, then ran through an inline filter to exhaust?

Pushing air through the filter at the exhaust end is fine - the issue is the pre-filter doesn't filter out the dust, so you need to do some type of inline filter (fold the prefilter in the right way and stuff it inside?), or just run without a pre-filter.

Running without a prefilter there will be dust collecting inside the filter, so you should probably backwash the filter with a hose once every 6 months (on a schedule) to reduce backpressure. With a prefilter, I expect to backwash my filter once every 12-18 months when it stops catching most of the aromas.

Can-Fan FAQs said:
Can I push or pull through the filter?

You can both pull through the filter or push air through the filter. If you are going to push air through the filter it is recommended to take off the outer pre-filter and place the pre-filter prior to the air entering the carbon bed.

Personally, I only have a fan in my flower area. because only the flower area gets hot. My veg area only has a single T5HO fixture in a basement - it has only been hot when I had high temperatures in the (adjacent)flower area.

You may need to cool both areas. A Y in the ducting and filter at the exhaust end should be good enough.
OR a seperate fan that blows veg air into the flower room and an intake filtered exhaust from the flower area to the great outdoors.

Pushing air through the filter at the exhaust end is fine - the issue is the pre-filter doesn't filter out the dust, so you need to do some type of inline filter (fold the prefilter in the right way and stuff it inside?), or just run without a pre-filter.

Running without a prefilter there will be dust collecting inside the filter, so you should probably backwash the filter with a hose once every 6 months (on a schedule) to reduce backpressure. With a prefilter, I expect to backwash my filter once every 12-18 months when it stops catching most of the aromas.

Personally, I only have a fan in my flower area. because only the flower area gets hot. My veg area only has a single T5HO fixture in a basement - it has only been hot when I had high temperatures in the (adjacent)flower area.

You may need to cool both areas. A Y in the ducting and filter at the exhaust end should be good enough.
OR a seperate fan that blows veg air into the flower room and an intake filtered exhaust from the flower area to the great outdoors.
I'm wondering, if I run a y in flower to tie in the AC and just drawing air from the room, and then add on another y in the veg room that adds an air draw to that line again, if it will still pull air evenly. I don't know HVAC systems well enough to know if the air draw will be consistent for both rooms. I found an inline filter that I can slap into the line anywhere which will avoid pushing through a normal filter the wrong direction.

Air will always take the path of least resistance, the AC has it's own exhaust fan that will "assist" in pushing air. If you look at your house duct system you will see that it is larger at the start and gets smaller as air is removed from the main trunk. This is so you get even pressure throughout the duct system and even air flow. What you want to do is similar. I don't think for your small setup it will make much difference. I think it will pull adequately. You may want to run a main exhaust duct with directional "T"s for your branches instead of 2 "Y"s and make the AC exhaust tie in closest to the exhaust fan.

I cut my little Malawi tester today. The bottom two buds came off trying to cut her down because the soil was right up to them. They are getting dried normally while the rest will get trimmed tomorrow, jarred, and put in the fridge to dry slow and lo. The little ones will be my test smoke in a couple of days. 😁

420-magazine-mobile1685210311.jpg
420-magazine-mobile258923964.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1103119607.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1968765850.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1130881304.jpg

I checked on the outdoor girls as well. The Afghani are starting to flower now. These both are around 3 1/2ft tall.

420-magazine-mobile1639841212.jpg
420-magazine-mobile96812687.jpg
420-magazine-mobile921174479.jpg

Pck x erdput. She's tiny, but the pink pistols are very cool. Another one of these will be in my next batch of seeds I pop.
420-magazine-mobile390858381.jpg

Malawi. The bush is around 5ft and the totem pole is pushing close to 6ft. She's eye level with me now.
420-magazine-mobile371493510.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1571303502.jpg
420-magazine-mobile636532493.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1281187208.jpg

Peace

Malawi tester looks almost the same standing on her head :rofl:
She's one big cola of bud. All the way down to the soil. The bottom buds came off when I cut her because I didn't get below where they connected at the soil line. The mother I took her from is looking like she'll have 12 of these on her. 😁

I got some packages yesterday! When I stop by the house today I'm putting together two 288 quantum boards. They will be in my veg room once it's set up as they only have the 5k spectrum available right now, but for the short term they are going in my current flower room. I want to see how these things perform. I'm going for a 4x3 area in veg under florescent for seedlings, and a 6x3 area for more advanced vegging. I'm not certain if they will be enough, or if I want to add another 1 or 2 boards to it. The two are supposed to cover a 4x4 area for veg which is basically the same, but the rectangular shape as opposed to a square might demand more lighting. We shall see. I'll post pics once I hang them.

Peace

I got some packages yesterday! When I stop by the house today I'm putting together two 288 quantum boards. They will be in my veg room once it's set up as they only have the 5k spectrum available right now, but for the short term they are going in my current flower room. I want to see how these things perform. I'm going for a 4x3 area in veg under florescent for seedlings, and a 6x3 area for more advanced vegging. I'm not certain if they will be enough, or if I want to add another 1 or 2 boards to it. The two are supposed to cover a 4x4 area for veg which is basically the same, but the rectangular shape as opposed to a square might demand more lighting. We shall see. I'll post pics once I hang them.

Peace

Congratulations. This should be fun!

Back
Top Bottom