Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

BTW Rado, the best nugs are actually 8-10 inches down from the head nugs. They tend to have fresher terps and THC with the light intensity a bit lower. The big pretty nugs at the top are kinda tired by then. I find them to be harder hitting but kinda "stale" in taste and effect.

Save the tender ones for yourself - grower's choice :;):

:bongrip:
Interesting info. Thanks GT! I'll have to start adjusting my reserve stash. I've been putting the tops in small jars for longer term storage.

Looking good over here!
I have run Kali China a couple times. There are better ones than the one I got. ACE has Kali China tests into the 20 percentile range. Mine only tested around 12% but you wouldn't know it. These THC numbers don't equate to a good buzz or not. So you might have to take an extra hit or 2 but who cares....the stuff tastes good anyway. The Kali buzz is very soothing. It makes everything feel better. It's not a go getter but it is very nice. It is calming to people prone to anxiety like my wife. That is a go to strain for her, it just takes the weight off her chest. It is one that I would like to do again with the new parental plants. Mine was from the older seed stock. ACE just released a bunch of hybrids with it so they sure do think a lot of it. I can tell you it was a beautiful plant. Very Sturdy, huge leaves. The wife says it looks prehistoric.
I've seen Dubi refer to it as their most refined strain for flavor and aroma. They have gone nuts with it lately. I saw someone growing a Malawi x Kali China the other day that just stood out to me as an incredible cross. The China Yunnan just really intrigues me as a strain. It seems very unique in a world of hybrids. I wish they would release it in regular again.

Strength is nice but I'm with ya. Take another hit if you need. I'm not convinced on the whole, high THC is the only way to a good buzz. There's so much else at play. The terps have to have a significant part in that. And the other cannabinoids. It all comes into play.

Can u help me? I don't no what weed I'm growing do u think this plant is a hermi or not
420-magazine-mobile1478060561.jpg

Thank you. It sounds like a nice buzz. The instant falling asleep and waking up hours later still sitting there cracked me up. I've done that a few times.

So energising but a bit narcotic. Kind of like the Panama red I was smoking yesterday. Great buzz for sitting and enjoying the sounds outdoors. I've taken to sitting in a sky chair out back in the evenings, getting a buzz on and listening to the birds chat.

The last time I remember falling asleep while sitting up and waking hours later was when I smoked opium in the early 80s. My buddy and I woke hours later feeling stiff. There was no sensation of being high, seeing visions, or even dreaming. It was as if the light turned off, time passed, and the light turned on. Smoking Lilly was much better than that. I felt happy before and rested after.

Interesting info. Thanks GT! I'll have to start adjusting my reserve stash. I've been putting the tops in small jars for longer term storage.

My wife does the same thing. I'll mention it to her.

Can u help me? I don't no what weed I'm growing do u think this plant is a hermi or not
420-magazine-mobile1478060561.jpg
I don't see any signs of hermaphroditism in the picture that you posted. It just looks like a nice sativa starting to build buds. What in particular is making you think that? Feel free to post more pics to show more of your girl.

Brix day!

The veg girls are fattening up. I got a couple of pics of them in the closet.

Purple Malawi. I'm trying to build a great root ball on this plant, along with bushing it up. It's working. 16 days since her last watering and she's still fairly heavy. It was 24 days prior to that beyond about 2 cups I poured down the very edges to promote root growth part way through. When it goes dry, you can still tell how big the old pot was. Crack in the soil where it was. Between losing my last purple Malawi to experimenting with drying, and now my latest is heavily seeded, I want a purple Malawi that really produces. I have another month or more before she'll get flipped so plenty of time as long as I'm patient.
420-magazine-mobile2107330815.jpg

Malawi D. Normal green pheno. Very nice even growth and a nice pungent smell as well. Oily and woody. This should hopefully be a multi topped beast when I flip her.
420-magazine-mobile210617254.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1380463600.jpg

Malawi D1. Day 25 flower. Clone of the above plant that I put into flower to sex and test. She's 4 days past her first cat, which is the second drink she's had since 5/18 when she got put into soil and flower lighting(11/13). I'm wishing I had dusted her with my last male Malawi. I've got a lot of F1 seeds on my purple Malawi, but this plant is a much better plant in growth and structure, along with the fact that it should be more potent. I've been wondering if my F1s from my purple one will be as good as the ones from ace since the mother isn't as strong of cut. Hopefully my pollen is still viable and I can hit a bud on the one in veg.
420-magazine-mobile1977147106.jpg
420-magazine-mobile164298346.jpg

ZaPa Malawi leaning bud structure. 117 days flower and still throwing new pistols. There is a touch of amber on a couple leaves, but she's mostly cloudy with more clear than there are amber. Testing out the main plant I cut a couple weeks ago, she has the bud structure and you can tell a bit in the buzz that she has Malawi in her, but the smell is closer to the sweet citrus of Zamedelica. The zam leaning pheno I cut a week later I've just started testing and she actually has some of the Malawi smell in her now that she's dry. Pretty good hitting buzz as well. First of the Zamedelica or crosses that the wife has gone easy on while smoking. A sign of solid potency.
420-magazine-mobile310186263.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1828839854.jpg
420-magazine-mobile910979606.jpg

Zamedelica Thai pheno. 68 days flower. This one is still looking nice and healthy for the most part beyond the taco leaves. She's gotten epsoms the last two waterings and is getting way ahead added to brix. Her last feeding was a 3rd cat. Hopefully that keeps her healthy enough to finish. I cut my last one at 80 days and she's got a bit of cure now and is starting to get a nice sativa buzz developing. I'm hoping to get the full Zamedelica Thai pheno buzz off this plant. It's all about keeping her healthy long enough.
420-magazine-mobile458914669.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1235147798.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1127774781.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1667980777.jpg

Purple Malawi. Day 68 flower. Spindly and seedy. Still smells amazing though. Transplanted with slight watering on 4/10. She had transplant on 4/12 and her first cat on 6-1. That's the only drinks she's had since I put the cutting into soil on 3/23. This one still has me baffled. She didn't feel light when I gave her the cat, but her leaves were dropping like she was thirsty so I gave it to her.
420-magazine-mobile2037589286.jpg
420-magazine-mobile979443933.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1596447650.jpg

Candy. Day 55 flower. She should be ready next weekend. Her drinking has slowed down. No real amber that I can make out but she's sticky as hell, and I cut her at 9 weeks this last time and she is some seriously good smoke. Mostly indica leaning with a very rich, spicy, herbally, Skunk flavor. I think this is the best tasting of anything I've grown. Now that my temps and humidity are down, I might push her til 10 weeks just to see. Who knows. I'm trying to resist my impatience and cutting early to get product.
420-magazine-mobile250960481.jpg
420-magazine-mobile638085633.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1654633332.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1139996166.jpg
420-magazine-mobile363685747.jpg

I've cut out my supplemental florescent lighting in flower which has helped bring temps down about 8-10 degrees. Humidity has dropped with this as well. I'm down to only the three big girls and the two budlings, so I moved them together along with my two leds to up the light intensity for the last week's of flower.
420-magazine-mobile901306806.jpg
420-magazine-mobile445670893.jpg

The seedlings got moved outside to a portable greenhouse until I clear the flower room. They all got drinks yesterday except afghani x Panama, and look quite content.

Early bubba hash. No difference that I can see yet.
420-magazine-mobile1383157252.jpg

Pck x erdpurt in the front, afghani x Panama in the back. The pck x erdpurt looks like it might be a wrinkled leaf plant. It's about 20% chance and they say it will develope fine, it just needs a few extra weeks of veg over the other ones. I can deal with that, especially with the extra 2 seeds they throw in because of it.
420-magazine-mobile1329044158.jpg

Snow moon. They look similar, but I'm thinking I may have a green and a red pheno perhaps. The stem color is slightly different.
420-magazine-mobile140240201.jpg

Pink Malawi x mepetit. They look different, but mainly in the way the leaves react. Hopefully I have two different phenos.
420-magazine-mobile974101158.jpg

Outdoor girls.

Afghani x2. Revegged and trucking along. These two get the most direct sunlight of any of my outdoor plants. They are around 2 foot tall now.
420-magazine-mobile386704286.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1438578929.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2101766959.jpg
420-magazine-mobile78071854.jpg

Pure power plant. This one started to flower, when I put her outside, and never stopped because of a lack of direct sunlight. She's been outside for 73 days, so probably could get harvested about any time since she's been flowering the whole time. The buds are a airy, but that's due to the lighting.
420-magazine-mobile194607606.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1968076859.jpg

Purple Malawi x2. These have revegged and are growing quite nicely. The single bladed leaves at the top are about as long as my hand. Beyond the goofy leaves from reverting to veg, these are very happy plants. I just wish they had more direct sunlight. I'll have to clear more next year. It may play to my benefit though by forcing them to finish a bit quicker. I know I'll be pushing things to get these to finish in time.
420-magazine-mobile2007519737.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1875505696.jpg
420-magazine-mobile153754388.jpg
420-magazine-mobile299461042.jpg

That's it for the tour. All the girls got their time to shine today. Thanks for checking them out.

Peace

So, I realized I jumped the gun on the seedlings I planted. I'm used to sativas and normally I have about 5-6 weeks before they hit maturity. Well, the indicas I have start much earlier. 3 weeks and one started to show pistols so I yanked them out of my flower room and put them in a small pop-up greenhouse outside. They've all started to stretch a bit. Nothing horrible, but not what I wanted for a good inside plant. So.... Yesterday I dug some holes spaced around my backyard and put 5 of them outside. Both early bubba hash, both snow moons, and my erdput x pck. The Panama x Afghani was a stretchy, wimpy mess so she got culled. I also took 4 clones off the purple Malawi that was outgrowing my veg room and put her outside as well. I left her in her 5 gallon bucket and put it in a hole so that it's flush with the ground but I can still give her drenches. The others I put straight in the ground. Amended with 6/5/3 and some organic granular ferts.

I cut down a small tree as well to open some sunlight and I picked better spots for these. They will get much better sun so they should get decent sized and produce some good bud instead of the airy stuff I've been getting.

I'll get pics once they grab the soil and get going.

Peace

I checked on the outside girls today. They all got destress as there is still a small amount of kit soil that the roots are in, plus the big girl I put out in the bucket got a trans drench as well.

My outdoor photos don't seem to want to upload......

Well, I got two of the them to upload. Both are purple Malawi. Second pic is one of the plants I put out in mid April that revegged on me.

420-magazine-mobile613510808.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1129002634.jpg

This Malawi tester is looking amazing. It's only 39 days into flower as well. It should go 13-14 weeks. 1 gallon pot of kit soil and I'm going to try my damndest to keep this thing green and healthy in it. So far she's ecstatic.
420-magazine-mobile1476799733.jpg
420-magazine-mobile541508599.jpg

I can't wait to flower her mother out. Each of her tops should be like that. I was doing some training on her today. Stiffening up the stems. She's like fiberglass except for the last couple of inches that are new growth.
420-magazine-mobile1696964542.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1720757167.jpg

I did manage to crack a stem again. This one may heal up. If not, it's just another topping.
420-magazine-mobile115850180.jpg

I had candy out and found about half a dozen nanners. I was going to push her until next weekend, but she's going this morning when the lights come on. I'm planning on cutting my seeded purple Malawi as well. My Zamedelica is starting to finish up. Probably another week or two on her. I'll get pictures of those two when I cut this morning.
420-magazine-mobile1570430023.jpg

Pink Malawi x mepetit is coming along nicely. They both got topped yesterday. Hopefully some secondary growth starts.
420-magazine-mobile1732348837.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1945212388.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1681543024.jpg
420-magazine-mobile911264523.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2069308803.jpg

That's it for the tour. I'll see if I can get those outdoor pics uploaded later.

Peace

Delicious seeds Candy and purple Malawi got harvested this morning. The Malawi went 83 days and the candy 70. The longest I've let either go. The top buds on candy started to stretch out and the Malawi finally started to bulk up, something I didn't think would happen with how seeded she is.

Candy
420-magazine-mobile2088857056.jpg
420-magazine-mobile39754417.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2029743744.jpg

Malawi
420-magazine-mobile1928681839.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1592206389.jpg

The only ones left in flower are the tiny Malawi I posted earlier and my Zamedelica, which is a mass of foxtails. It's neat to see how the foxtails grow toward the lights after the bud tips sideways. It reshapes the buds.

Zamedelica
420-magazine-mobile1709837938.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1304404111.jpg
420-magazine-mobile901062836.jpg
420-magazine-mobile909996593.jpg

Harvest in the barn. Hanging until later when it'll get trimmed and jarred for the fridge.
420-magazine-mobile1557416663.jpg

Looking good Morglie! I like the looks of the Candy!
Thank you. It has an amazing rich taste to it. Earthy and slightly floral, with a strong dose of skunk in the nose on exhale. It has a very strong indica hit to it.This is my last cut of it, however it should give me a good 20-30 seeds from a nice Malawi male I dusted it with. They should make some seriously potent hybrid bud.

I trimmed the purple Malawi and candy last night and stuck them in the fridge jarred up with screening on the top. The Malawi wasn't as badly seeded as I had thought. I still got around 90-100 beautiful seeds from her and between a quarter and a half of decent bud. I did have to borrow the wife's reading glasses while I tweezed the seeds out...
420-magazine-mobile2109827147.jpg

Check out the size of those candy x Malawi seeds. 69 huge seeds from her. I'm excited to try some of these out. In fact, I might just pop a couple today.

My veg plant was thirsty today.
420-magazine-mobile1175861291.jpg

That's weird to think I only have one plant in veg and two in flower. Although I do have 4 cuts off my last purple Malawi that I put outside. I'm not certain yet if I'm going to keep them all if they all root or if I'll cull the weak ones. I'm thinking about throwing the others into a big tote of soil and flower them out, who knows. It'll be a surprise.

Peace

I trimmed the purple Malawi and candy last night and stuck them in the fridge jarred up with screening on the top. The Malawi wasn't as badly seeded as I had thought. I still got around 90-100 beautiful seeds from her and between a quarter and a half of decent bud. I did have to borrow the wife's reading glasses while I tweezed the seeds out...
420-magazine-mobile2109827147.jpg

Check out the size of those candy x Malawi seeds. 69 huge seeds from her. I'm excited to try some of these out. In fact, I might just pop a couple today.

My veg plant was thirsty today.
420-magazine-mobile1175861291.jpg

That's weird to think I only have one plant in veg and two in flower. Although I do have 4 cuts off my last purple Malawi that I put outside. I'm not certain yet if I'm going to keep them all if they all root or if I'll cull the weak ones. I'm thinking about throwing the others into a big tote of soil and flower them out, who knows. It'll be a surprise.

Peace

Looking great in here Morglie! I apologize for not being as present in your journal as I would like, but I see you've got all kinds of support and you're doing a superb job.

I also see you're taking the wet/dry technique seriously.....:thedoubletake: If you can get 'em a few minutes before they wilt it's better than letting them get all floppy....but you'll have some strong plants either way.

Looking great in here Morglie! I apologize for not being as present in your journal as I would like, but I see you've got all kinds of support and you're doing a superb job.

I also see you're taking the wet/dry technique seriously.....:thedoubletake: If you can get 'em a few minutes before they wilt it's better than letting them get all floppy....but you'll have some strong plants either way.
Thank you. The wet dry cycle has been a tough one for me to do. I was worried I'd kill my plants. I've gotten pretty decent at eyeing them when they're at that state where shaking the plant would probably make them all drop like that picture.

Thanks for stopping by. It looks like you've been pretty busy lately, getting the business end going. I definitely have some good eyes on things here and I've gotten a bit more patient. Have a good one.

I checked on the outside girls today. Both snow moon are showing pistols so all of them are girls. They all got leaf wash, brix and way ahead this morning while I was checking on them. Hopefully the leaf wash mixes ok with brix and way ahead. After dealing with poison oak for the last week and a half I'm trying to limit my visits to the girls.

Early bubba hash
420-magazine-mobile1063682677.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1711313167.jpg

Snow moon
420-magazine-mobile902233943.jpg
420-magazine-mobile745587841.jpg

Pck x erdpurt
420-magazine-mobile593359129.jpg

Purple Malawi
420-magazine-mobile868830901.jpg
420-magazine-mobile406953967.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1127645317.jpg

There is still a bit of it soil around the root base of all of them which is why I'm hitting them with brix and way ahead. I don't know how much good it's doing, but since I'm still on my initial kit bottle of brix and I'm already almost halfway through the GE and transplant from my bulk purchase, without even touching the brix I got with that purchase I feel like I've got a bit extra to spare, just in case it is beneficial.

On to the next girls...

Another storm blew through earlier this week which toppled my small greenhouse that these girls are in. They took about a 5 foot plunge to the ground and lost around half their soil. That makes 5 of the 8 plants I started recently that have taken a plunge like that and lost a significant amount of their soil. All are still doing well. A testament to their resilience. The other ones are in the update above. Hooking into the soil and getting ready to start exploding with growth.

I topped both a week or so ago and they are both starting secondary growth.

Pink Malawi x mepetit
420-magazine-mobile1721336453.jpg
420-magazine-mobile765005775.jpg

On to the next room....

I just realized I left out the outdoor afghani girls. I put them out as a last minute decision as apposed to culling them. I figured they may live and do something. They seem to be the happiest of the bunch. They are close to three feet tall and are trucking along nicely. I'm definitely happy I decided to put these out.

420-magazine-mobile162980079.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1902773530.jpg

And now, on to the next room...

Veg room. I took a cutting from my Malawi. Once it roots and is in soil I'll throw the mother into flower. This is by far the best trained plant I've grown. I've been doing some stem spinning and super cropping to keep the canopy even and build nice strong branches. I was spreading her limbs out the other day and split the stem right near the base. I wrapped a skinny piece of duct tape around it and it hasn't missed a beat. I even broke a top mostly through trying to super crop it and it still is the leading top. This girl is tough. She smells almost as strong as the girls in flower. Watching the cut I put of her into flower really has me excited to see how the mother does. This is also one of the few F1 Malawi seeds I made with my second grow of my purple Malawi cut. The pollen didn't end up being very viable but I think I got 6 or 7 seeds from her.

420-magazine-mobile1994474314.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1893695499.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1926888515.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2063075798.jpg

And coming up the flower girls.....

Back
Top Bottom