Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

If you want seeds, you can use straight CAT drench through out bloom. CAT is highly reproductive and is what you want to feed the soil with when growing for seeds. I'd just hit her with CAT's the rest of the way.
That's what I was thinking. At the rate she's drinking she won't get much. Thanks for the reminder on the cats with seeds. Doc mentioned that back when I was seeding my zamadelica.

Good to know, I play guitar, and am always looking for strains that enhance the experience
Pure sativas are the best, in my opinion. Zamadelica is a good one, but the feeling of control I have with Malawi just tops everything else. The main problem I have is with the short term memory. We smoke enough that there is none. We smoked over an eighth last time between three of us. It's easy to get lost, but I treat playing like skating in a skatepark. You jump on and go with the flow. What comes together is always interesting.

Now that I've switched to bigger pots and less plants as I wind down my current grow, I find I have to spend a lot less time gardening. For example, my purple Malawi still isn't ready for a drink 46 days after her last. Still going strong though. I think I narrowed down the issue with my plants starting to waver in quality. I've been using way ahead with every brix since I got it. That's 10 wks in a row. I just saw doc talking about the tweaks to it and mentioning that he uses it maybe twice in a grow cycle. I'm skipping this week, then going to the last Sunday of the month for adding it to my brix regimen. That will give most plants 2 doses, and the long flowerers 3.

Purple Malawi (seeded)
420-magazine-mobile90142369.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1983510239.jpg

ZaPa. These are still throwing a few new pistols. The Panama in the strain should make them have a surge of reflowering soon. Keeping an eye on these this week for signs of finishing. The Panama leaning one should be ready in another week or two.
Panama leaning
420-magazine-mobile1532786017.jpg

Zamedelica leaning
420-magazine-mobile874693577.jpg

Malawi leaning
420-magazine-mobile1471269671.jpg

Zamedelica (Thai pheno) 4 weeks into flower.
420-magazine-mobile56146645.jpg
420-magazine-mobile73798941.jpg

Candy starting to pack on the resin. 3 weeks into flower. Just got her second cat today. Some nice hybrid seeds developing in the last picture.
420-magazine-mobile1337041054.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1391013218.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1305957986.jpg

And the clones all ready to go to my friend today.
420-magazine-mobile694364164.jpg

I checked on the outdoor girls yesterday. One of the Malawi got eaten by deer it looks like. Right down to the ground. The others are doing ok. The ppp is still lime green and developing buds. I think this is due to the sun being blocked to much. I wonder if she'll revert or just keep flowering. The afghani are starting to develope preflowers along with the remaining Malawi, but they haven't started developing bud sites yet. Hopefully they all pull through and produce. I'm going to have a break in production that I'll need the reserves for.

Have a good one!

Peace

You ain't kidding on the short term memory issues. Im lucky to complete a sentence without forgetting what I was saying.
Ya,...it's happened to me...:tokin: NOT good, it's OK though,...i just laugh it off.:high-five:

Now that I've switched to bigger pots and less plants as I wind down my current grow, I find I have to spend a lot less time gardening. For example, my purple Malawi still isn't ready for a drink 46 days after her last. Still going strong though. I think I narrowed down the issue with my plants starting to waver in quality. I've been using way ahead with every brix since I got it. That's 10 wks in a row. I just saw doc talking about the tweaks to it and mentioning that he uses it maybe twice in a grow cycle. I'm skipping this week, then going to the last Sunday of the month for adding it to my brix regimen. That will give most plants 2 doses, and the long flowerers 3.

Purple Malawi (seeded)
420-magazine-mobile90142369.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1983510239.jpg

ZaPa. These are still throwing a few new pistols. The Panama in the strain should make them have a surge of reflowering soon. Keeping an eye on these this week for signs of finishing. The Panama leaning one should be ready in another week or two.
Panama leaning
420-magazine-mobile1532786017.jpg

Zamedelica leaning
420-magazine-mobile874693577.jpg

Malawi leaning
420-magazine-mobile1471269671.jpg

Zamedelica (Thai pheno) 4 weeks into flower.
420-magazine-mobile56146645.jpg
420-magazine-mobile73798941.jpg

Candy starting to pack on the resin. 3 weeks into flower. Just got her second cat today. Some nice hybrid seeds developing in the last picture.
420-magazine-mobile1337041054.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1391013218.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1305957986.jpg

And the clones all ready to go to my friend today.
420-magazine-mobile694364164.jpg

I checked on the outdoor girls yesterday. One of the Malawi got eaten by deer it looks like. Right down to the ground. The others are doing ok. The ppp is still lime green and developing buds. I think this is due to the sun being blocked to much. I wonder if she'll revert or just keep flowering. The afghani are starting to develope preflowers along with the remaining Malawi, but they haven't started developing bud sites yet. Hopefully they all pull through and produce. I'm going to have a break in production that I'll need the reserves for.

Have a good one!

Peace

Yes indeed Morglie,...you don't say ..eh....:surf: bigger pots , fewer plants = happy Duggan...too...:slide: less issues ,...more fun...:high-five: Same or higher yields...:cheer:
Ya ...what about 'Bambi' , munching on your outdoor girl there....try and do what Ziggs did.....:)....post some pics of some 'venison' on a dinner plate...LMFAO....:rofl::rofl: What a hoot Morglie. Just cruisin thru....lookin mighty fine here bud!!:thumb: Have a great Sunday my brotha!:high-five:

Ya,...it's happened to me...:tokin: NOT good, it's OK though,...i just laugh it off.:high-five:

Yes indeed Morglie,...you don't say ..eh....:surf: bigger pots , fewer plants = happy Duggan...too...:slide: less issues ,...more fun...:high-five: Same or higher yields...:cheer:
Ya ...what about 'Bambi' , munching on your outdoor girl there....try and do what Ziggs did.....:)....post some pics of some 'venison' on a dinner plate...LMFAO....:rofl::rofl: What a hoot Morglie. Just cruisin thru....lookin mighty fine here bud!!:thumb: Have a great Sunday my brotha!:high-five:
The bigger pots are nice, once I get my new room set up where I'll be able to walk around them, I'm going to 7s or 10s. Only having 6 plants in flower now is weird. And two of those are little things.

The main thing that's been holding me back on pot size is my veg area being so small. I haven't been able to veg them in pots larger than 3 gallon before I really pared down my veg plants. And dropping them in larger pots when they go into flower wasn't working for me as I wasn't letting them dry out enough the first few drinks. Fixing that now with the latest 3 in flower. I was running 10-20 plants in this area before I pared down. It was a jungle in there.
420-magazine-mobile1184894539.jpg

The bigger pots are nice, once I get my new room set up where I'll be able to walk around them, I'm going to 7s or 10s. Only having 6 plants in flower now is weird. And two of those are little things.

The main thing that's been holding me back on pot size is my veg area being so small. I haven't been able to veg them in pots larger than 3 gallon before I really pared down my veg plants. And dropping them in larger pots when they go into flower wasn't working for me as I wasn't letting them dry out enough the first few drinks. Fixing that now with the latest 3 in flower. I was running 10-20 plants in this area before I pared down. It was a jungle in there.
420-magazine-mobile1184894539.jpg

Evenin bud,..ya Morglie , what about tryin what i do...with the larger pots. After ya transplant in them , just let them veg a while,...get comfortable,..build serious roots ,...grab all the soil,..then flip her/them...way better , more awesome results. Take advantage of all the great soil. Just a thought ,..OK. Cheers bud:)...:high-five:

Evenin bud,..ya Morglie , what about tryin what i do...with the larger pots. After ya transplant in them , just let them veg a while,...get comfortable,..build serious roots ,...grab all the soil,..then flip her/them...way better , more awesome results. Take advantage of all the great soil. Just a thought ,..OK. Cheers bud:)...:high-five:
I'm planning on that. I'm running a perpetual though and haven't had the room in veg to get them in big pots. That'll be changing soon.

For example, my purple Malawi still isn't ready for a drink 46 days after her last.

I'd be comfortable with this sentence for a plant in veg, but I am uncomfortable with it for a plant in flower. Why are you holding back on watering the flowering girls?

My thoughts are:

A) Drying out a pot is to encourage root growth. Once in flower one wants to encourage flower growth - thus provide ready access to water and nutrients.

B) 40 day periods between nutes just seems too long for flowering girls to wait for nutes

I'd be comfortable with this sentence for a plant in veg, but I am uncomfortable with it for a plant in flower. Why are you holding back on watering the flowering girls?

My thoughts are:

A) Drying out a pot is to encourage root growth. Once in flower one wants to encourage flower growth - thus provide ready access to water and nutrients.

B) 40 day periods between nutes just seems too long for flowering girls to wait for nutes

I've been having problems getting the purple ones to grow decent root systems. Doc mentioned that the first drink or two in flower he let's them dry out if they haven't already built a good root system in the pot. It got a tran last and is still holding strong. In fact it looks like it has to much nitrogen with the clawing leaves. I still have around 6 to 7 weeks left for it to go. It'll get there. My candy and Zamedelica got their first drink in the big pots last week, roughly the same time frame from their prior. The candy was already ready again yesterday and the zam will be in a few days. They filed the buckets with roots. My Malawi just is taking its sweet time with it.

I've not been worried about the nutrients as it has 5 gallons of 1st run soil that it's slowly working is way through. I realized again that I was going overboard with the way ahead, so I'm dialing things back again and trying to listen to my inner Duggan, that tells me less is more.

I'd say the plant metabolism is really slow, but it's developing buds just fine. Is this something to be concerned about?

I've been having problems getting the purple ones to grow decent root systems. Doc mentioned that the first drink or two in flower he let's them dry out if they haven't already built a good root system in the pot. It got a tran last and is still holding strong. In fact it looks like it has to much nitrogen with the clawing leaves. I still have around 6 to 7 weeks left for it to go. It'll get there. My candy and Zamedelica got their first drink in the big pots last week, roughly the same time frame from their prior. The candy was already ready again yesterday and the zam will be in a few days. They filed the buckets with roots. My Malawi just is taking its sweet time with it.

I've not been worried about the nutrients as it has 5 gallons of 1st run soil that it's slowly working is way through. I realized again that I was going overboard with the way ahead, so I'm dialing things back again and trying to listen to my inner Duggan, that tells me less is more.

I'd say the plant metabolism is really slow, but it's developing buds just fine. Is this something to be concerned about?

No need to be concerned.

I'd say you explained and educated me on the wisdom of your choice :)

No need to be concerned.

I'd say you explained and educated me on the wisdom of your choice :)

This purple cut is not near as vigorous as the other Malawi I've grown (mostly males). The last two plants I've harvested of her have had the small root ball I grew in a half gallon pot and a small layer at the bottom of the new pot. The rest of the pots have been empty of roots. Really not the best cut to work with. She's lanky and without a lot of fans. The stems get stiff quickly in veg so I can't do much lst even.

The taste and the buzz though.... Makes it all worth it. I'm with Neiko, Malawi is in a league all is own.

Maybe a dumb question but are you scoring the roots when you transplant? If not that is reason you aren't developing big root balls.

I score them, but it's because I've been dropping them straight into flower once I up can them and wasn't letting them get dry the first time or two. I've had the mind set of keeping them at least moist once they start flowering. I've gotten much better about letting them dry out in veg in the little half gallon pots i use. Now I just need to start doing the same once I up can them. It shouldn't be as big of issue as I'll have the room to veg them in bigger containers going forward.

I can't wait for the change. I want to start popping seeds so bad.

Hey nice setup and girls morgile I was just considering if I should score my plants roots when transplanting. I have two royal medics abs one of them I uppotted from a 3 gal to a 7 gal and I didn't score the roots because it was already flowering a little bit. The other one I will score because I heard it helped the plant build a bigger root system.

Hey nice setup and girls morgile I was just considering if I should score my plants roots when transplanting. I have two royal medics abs one of them I uppotted from a 3 gal to a 7 gal and I didn't score the roots because it was already flowering a little bit. The other one I will score because I heard it helped the plant build a bigger root system.

Scoring the roots is a good practice to be in, although if you forget to do one its not the end of the world. They'll still grow good root systems if you do a good wet/dry cycle in veg and the first time or two after you up can.

That's been something that's been a challenge for myself and for many new growers. I kept worrying that I'd kill one from letting it go to dry. I keep a close eye on them, but I'm getting better at seeing wilt set in on the leaves. And I've had some that just went slack in the leaves and they still bounce back fine.

These plants we grow are very forgiving. They don't call it weed for nothing.

You don't need to worry about letting them dry out in veg at all. I don't even water my veg plants until they start to wilt. Sometimes by the time I get home from work some can be scary looking. About an hour after watering they look great. You'll get the "eye" for it. I've noticed the lower leaves start to wilt first. When the top of the plant looks good but the bottom leaves are hanging......it's perfect.

When the top of the plant looks good but the bottom leaves are hanging......it's perfect.

That's what I've been aiming for. At that point the top leaves will start drooping with just a touch a lot of times. It's taken me a while to get comfortable enough to take them that far. It took me several attempts to get a plant to harvest and it made me paranoid in the process.

Hey morgile I think u could get better root systems built if u try out a smart pot or a air pot that allows u to get more oxygen to the plant that others. I noticed a difference between my plastic pots when I flowered them and my smart fabric pots

I've been thinking about trying the air pots in the future. Seeing the root growth that they give has had me drilling holes farther up the 5 gallon buckets I've been using. The latest ones I've got 10 lines of holes going halfway up the bucket.

I think the problem is the cut I'm growing. Another plant that was on the same time frame, was ready for her first cat 9 days ago. She got her 2nd 3 days ago and is going to need watering again tomorrow. And the Zamedelica that was on the same lengthy span is getting her 2nd cat tomorrow. So it's just that one plant.

I just checked the dates on the Malawi and she's at 6 weeks flowering and still doesn't feel like she'll need a drink soon. I'm beginning to wonder if I can take her the whole way through flower on one drink. That's a pretty drought resistant plant at least. More knowledge for my next grow of her.

Back
Top Bottom