Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

My early cut zamadelica is like that. You don't feel incredibly buzzed, but the day flies by with plenty of energy to spare. Hopefully, I can finally take one to 14 weeks and experience the full buzz from it. 😁

I've loved the sound of zamaldelica since I heard the name. The word rolls trillingly off the toungue. And then the description :)
A bit exotic for my grow - at least until I stockpile some bud :)

Two to three weeks here, but there'll be 3 plants getting cut. Purple Malawi, Panama, and delicious candy. All three are getting some serious frostiness.

3 great strains from what I hear. It's like you are growing the 'top shelf' of cannabis strains.

I've loved the sound of zamaldelica since I heard the name. The word rolls trillingly off the toungue. And then the description :)
A bit exotic for my grow - at least until I stockpile some bud :)

3 great strains from what I hear. It's like you are growing the 'top shelf' of cannabis strains.
I feel like I've found a treasure trove in Ace. Are you worried about the flower time fitting in with your grow? Or just needing to get a stash built up? I completely understand that. I'm slowly getting there. I haven't had to cut early to get stash in a bit.

I feel like I've found a treasure trove in Ace. Are you worried about the flower time fitting in with your grow? Or just needing to get a stash built up? I completely understand that. I'm slowly getting there. I haven't had to cut early to get stash in a bit.

I'm doing a perpetual, so fitting a long flower in with the grow is not a problem. With only 3 plants harvested in the last 10 months (I moved), I'm trying to get our stash back up.

This grow is my first time growing mostly sativa plants, or at least that is what I thought, so I was a little scared of them. My first harvest in Doc bud's kit was AK47 XTRM from seeds I have grown before. It feels like she came out way more sativa in effect than the last seed I cloned and grew in different soil.

From being scared of sativa, I now find myself growing 7 sativa dominant, 2 indica dominant and an indica dominant high CBD. I thought I was growing about 50/50 in the strains. A real "can't see the forest for the trees" effect when planting seeds.

I thought I was buying Ace when I bought Delicatessen Lilly from Ace Seeds - but the only true Ace I have is one Ace Mix free seed.

Ace mix looks pure sativa to me.

20170503_162249-1.jpg

Ready to sample in about 7 weeks :)

20170503_162223-1.jpg

I'm doing a perpetual, so fitting a long flower in with the grow is not a problem. With only 3 plants harvested in the last 10 months (I moved), I'm trying to get our stash back up.

This grow is my first time growing mostly sativa plants, or at least that is what I thought, so I was a little scared of them. My first harvest in Doc bud's kit was AK47 XTRM from seeds I have grown before. It feels like she came out way more sativa in effect than the last seed I cloned and grew in different soil.

From being scared of sativa, I now find myself growing 7 sativa dominant, 2 indica dominant and an indica dominant high CBD. I thought I was growing about 50/50 in the strains. A real "can't see the forest for the trees" effect when planting seeds.

I thought I was buying Ace when I bought Delicatessen Lilly from Ace Seeds - but the only true Ace I have is one Ace Mix free seed.

Ace mix looks pure sativa to me.

20170503_162249-1.jpg

Ready to sample in about 7 weeks :)

20170503_162223-1.jpg
I've been looking at the pictures of your Ace mix and trying to figure out what it is. It looks like zamadelica to me in the pictures here, but it's hard for me to say. What does it smell like?

Lily looks like a good one to grow. 7-8 weeks for a sativa is crazy fast. And the pineapple smell sounds nice. I have so many Ace strains yet to try. I went straight sativa the first order, then straight indica the second time. My next order is going to have Yunnan line. Kali China, Orient Express, and China Yunnan for certain. I'm thinking Bangi Haze as well, as it looks like the best pure sativa for outdoors for me. Very good cold and mold resistance, and it finishes in 8-9 weeks.

The sativas have really hooked me. Even compared to my PPP that is a very sativa heavy hybrid, the pure sativas are way better. Not having any of the indica heaviness is awesome. It feels like I'm floating with nothing slowing me down. The indica buzz is nice though at times. I was hurting the other day and sat down and smoked a bowl of Afghani with the wife. It felt like we were melting into a warm bath. Very soothing after a hard day at work. I can't wait to grow out some of the new indica strains I picked up.

Peace

Brix day for the girls. Lately I've been working on streamlining my grow to make it less time intensive. Today I'm being lazy and taking my time, so I've got a few pics for everyone.

First up is the lad. He's coming along. He should start dropping pollen in a few days. He's getting his happy butt moved out of flower probably tomorrow. My normal work table has garden seedlings on it so my lighting is set higher than the 11/13 he's used to. I might just keep him in the dark and bring him out for a few hours of light in the evenings after work. That should keep his hormones in flower plus it might just speed up his development as well, as it will signal that winter is coming.
420-magazine-mobile1085698439.jpg
420-magazine-mobile139963302.jpg

The purple Malawi that is three weeks out from getting cut. If you look close to the tip of the bud in the first picture you can see the swelled calyxes where the seeds are developing. It's interesting that they have stayed green instead of turning purple like the rest of the plant.
420-magazine-mobile1867525692.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1439830386.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1458419162.jpg

Next up are the ZaPa. (Zamedelica x Panama)

Malawi leaning pheno. The bud structure is very much like my purple Malawi and it smells like ripe Mango. I accidently topped her early in flower and managed to root the top and put it into another pot. The first two pictures are that top.
420-magazine-mobile620363229.jpg
420-magazine-mobile305432265.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1059040701.jpg

Panama leaning pheno. This has the bud structure and smell of the green Panama I ran. It's also ahead of the other two plants. Maybe by a week or two. I'm going to try and push all of these as long as I can.
420-magazine-mobile138013556.jpg

The Zamedelica leaning pheno. This is the slowest developing one and looks similar to the bud structure of the mother (Zamedelica, Thai pheno) and has the smell of both cuts of Zamedelica I've grown. Very strong citric smell. Kind of like a zesty lime with some other scent in it. I can't place it, but it's the smell dominating the trio.
420-magazine-mobile310182796.jpg

I put a small tomato cage around them today to help keep them upright. I might have 'topped' the zam leaning one. Might just be super cropped though. Hopefully the latter.
420-magazine-mobile1769775067.jpg

The purple Malawi that's been flowering a couple of weeks. It's in a 5 gallon bucket and I'm trying to grow better roots. The last Malawi i cut had an under developed root system, and the one coming up next is acting like it's just as poor, so I'm trying to run this one dry while it's early in flower. It's been 25 days since I transplanted her and watered her. The pot feels very light for the size but her leaves look like she's still got plenty to drink so I'm holding off. This is the plant I'm planning on pollinating with the male Malawi. I want a cache of Malawi F1s. You'll notice the clawing leaves on both Malawi. I've been feeding them heavily, to try and push growth and have gotten to much nitrogen in them, so the plan is to back off on GE. Maybe forgo it altogether, except the last one before harvest.
420-magazine-mobile1856992858.jpg
420-magazine-mobile893684732.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2144567942.jpg

Zamedelica Thai pheno. This one always freaks me out a bit at this point as I've had powdery mildew issues with the plant in the past and the way resin comes on in clusters it looks like it's getting PM. This one I'm going to try and take another 5 or 6 weeks. It's at 66 days now and still coming along fine. Leaves are slowly getting sapped for energy, but it was leafy enough that it still has plenty to go.
420-magazine-mobile6543338.jpg
420-magazine-mobile4249654.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1447811309.jpg

Candy. This one hasn't drank in 23 days and is even lighter than the Malawi, but again, the leaves are showing good turgor, so I'm holding off, trying to build a better root system.
420-magazine-mobile424773884.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1227000868.jpg
420-magazine-mobile814968599.jpg

Zamedelica Thai pheno. Not really much to say here. Beautiful plant. I love the look of them at this point in flower.
420-magazine-mobile266293607.jpg
420-magazine-mobile597593240.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1842260150.jpg

Panama F1. 11/13 from seed for this one so she's small, but looking and smelling amazing. I have around 20 of these beans that I made, to play with. Purple Malawi is still my favorite strain, but Panama is an awesome summertime smoke. Very good for productivity, but also great for just chilling and having a great time outdoors. Definitely a strain I'm going to keep going in my garden. She's at 10 wks at the moment. The plan is to take her another three weeks.
420-magazine-mobile1303105010.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1020528483.jpg

Candy. Sharing the same pot as the Panama. 18 gallon tote. She should be ready in three weeks with the Panama. That'll put her around 10 wks. Frosting up nicely. The two cuts of her are the only indica in my garden at the moment. Everything else is 100% sativa.
420-magazine-mobile1495130268.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1165984561.jpg

The two girls I have in veg. I topped both today to help bush them up.

Malawi purple pheno. My backup of this cut.
420-magazine-mobile318338591.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1080182242.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1176927692.jpg

Malawi F1. I haven't sexed this one yet. I took off both taller growth tops. I'm planning on putting one into flower to sex it. No point in holding onto a male for a couple of months.
420-magazine-mobile451836841.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1893725177.jpg

She's nice and uniform height now.
420-magazine-mobile1362742632.jpg

Well, that's all for the tour. I need to get some pics of the outside girls. I might get out to check on them later. It's wet out there from all the rain we've been having. Thanks for checking in on my little garden.

Peace

The girls outside are looking a bit rough from all the rain. The PPP and Malawi are flowering already. They were ready to start flowering when I put them out and it would appear the light cycle wasn't long enough to not flip them. Hopefully they reveg and flower out properly.

Afghani. Two cuts from a freebie bean I've ran a few cycles. Nice bud from this cut, but the plants aren't very durable. I believe the browning of the leaves is due to the roots struggling against the soil I put them in. I picked this spot when I was planting and hadn't amended it. It was either put them outside or put them in the compost, so I figured why not.
420-magazine-mobile973416006.jpg
420-magazine-mobile926140443.jpg

Pure power plant. The last of this cut. I'm not saving it for various reasons. Again, another one that was going to get pitched with the Afghani, so I put her in the ground. Another unamended spot, but it should be better. It was looking very happy up until the rain. I'm hoping the yellow leaves are from over watering. It has buds almost big enough to cat drench her if she was still inside.
420-magazine-mobile1250522511.jpg
420-magazine-mobile380817716.jpg

And the purple Malawi X2. The stems have turned a vivid purple due to the cold and they are starting to flower as well, but not as much as the PPP. These spots were amended in the fall with lime and gypsum.
420-magazine-mobile1422249063.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1276127532.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1166272656.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1771047615.jpg

And while I'm posting this, I'm puffing on some 4 month cured Afghani.
420-magazine-mobile1035822760.jpg

I have a friend that is wanting a few cuts to add to his outdoor grow so I'm cloning a few cuttings that I was got from trimming up plants. Candy X1, purple Malawi X1, Malawi x2. The last is unsexed, but it's looking female and I'm planning on putting one into flower to sex it. The other will go to my friend if it's female.
420-magazine-mobile865201101.jpg

Peace

I'm testing out the PPP I used the OG drench on. It's had a few days of low and slow to let the flavor start to come out. It's got a distinct skunk scent in the nose on exhale. Interesting. The funk of the one I didn't use the OG drench on is very cool. I like the flavor of this one as well though. Gives me an idea of what it does now. I think the candy I just put into flower is going to get it as well.

I have a cut off a Malawi in my flower room to sex it quicker while it roots. The bag deflated so I blew her back up and sealed the bag yesterday. When I opened the bag, I could instantly smell her over the plants I have flowering. No definite signs yet, but if it's a girl, she's going to have some pungency as well as potency. I'm crossing my fingers.

420-magazine-mobile817568877.jpg

I collected pollen from my male today then added him to the compost. About 200% stretch on the meristem, but the rest stayed nice and tight. If I would have topped it once, going into flower, it would have been a nice bush. Great structure. I dusted a purple Malawi for F1s and a delicious candy for what should be a killer 50/50 hybrid. There's more pollen going in the back of the fridge next to my Panama and ZaPa canisters.

420-magazine-mobile1289341682.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2013117054.jpg

Some bud shots I took Wednesday. The first three plants I'm planning on cutting in two weeks.
Panama F1
420-magazine-mobile340103153.jpg

Delicious seeds candy
420-magazine-mobile1396897960.jpg

Malawi
420-magazine-mobile1425376413.jpg

ZaPa
Panama leaning
420-magazine-mobile1587437307.jpg

Malawi leaning
420-magazine-mobile1327091558.jpg

Zamedelica leaning
420-magazine-mobile1346261837.jpg

This is a cut of the mother. All are around 10 wks into flower.
420-magazine-mobile1111394600.jpg

And a bit of resin to finish off with.this is the candy.
420-magazine-mobile121805340.jpg

Peace

That male is a gorgeous plant! :love:

And that Candy is a sticky thang - nice!

:hmmmm: ... I gotta put Malawi on the must-have list ...

I'd opt for the breeders pack. There are a few different phenos, all interesting. I thought I remember once upon a time you weren't a fan of the African Sativas. I could be completely wrong though.

No, you're right - I've been avoiding them. But this Malawi has gotten very temping. I've seen a few of you growing it and it always seems to turn out beautifully. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've only had the purple pheno so far. I feel like all of my senses are heightened and I am in perfect control of my body. There's no speediness for me. Just a feeling of power. I've heard indigenous African tribes would smoke before a battle. I can definitely see this being used like that.

I'm really looking forward to the green phenos. The purple is supposed to be mildest pheno. The description you gave on your thread about it, Neiko, seems to match up with what I'm expecting.

It definitely is a hearty strain from what I've seen so far. I can see why ace uses it so much in their crosses.

Attack of the Clones!

My candy already popped roots out. The other three don't have any signs yet, but I have a feeling they are close. The leaves all still look nice and healthy. Only the one in flower to sex it is losing any green at all and it still looks good.

Candy
420-magazine-mobile158687392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1723138005.jpg

Purple Malawi
420-magazine-mobile1685579706.jpg

Malawi
420-magazine-mobile1079317777.jpg

Malawi under 11/13
420-magazine-mobile1503689256.jpg

The mothers. I really had to trim up these first two as they seriously wanting more soil. And I think think the soil they are in is lacking a bit. I added earth worm castings last week as well, due to it rooting above the soil.
Purple Malawi
420-magazine-mobile807051263.jpg
420-magazine-mobile948896090.jpg

Malawi
420-magazine-mobile685386013.jpg

Candy. Which has not drank since 4/12. It finally seemed dry enough today.
420-magazine-mobile1548989975.jpg

Peace

I agree. It does seem Purple Malawi and Malawi would both like to be in bigger pots.

I top dressed a bit too heavy with worm castings on 2 girls last month (it was the bottom of the bag.) Now the soil doesn't want to absorb water as well. I should have done a worm castings/soil blend to cover the roots (and give them more food.)

I admire your patience with Candy. Sometimes they go 8 days, sometimes they go 30 days :)

Speaking of not drinking forever, I had 3 plants that haven't drank since they got put into 5 gallon buckets. That was all 4-5 weeks ago. The purple Malawi still didn't need one, but it's close. The flowers are making the crawl. I think I may give it the cat when she's ready. Last drench was a transwater, but that was on 4/15 so I'm figuring it shouldn't overload her with nutrients.
420-magazine-mobile1751925782.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1280844531.jpg

And because I can't keep from looking at her, her bigger sister.
420-magazine-mobile2036756189.jpg

Have a purple one folks

Once they are in flower, Doc Bud says the goal is to have soil that is moist and aerated, so I don't go long times between watering and nutrients in flower.

I don't have a complete plan, but I believe he recommends multiple smaller waterings in flower - not the full sized drench. I'm still interpretting this part. I was watering/feeding every 2 days and recently switched to every 3 days while I try to get my humidity back down in the flower room.

I agree. It does seem Purple Malawi and Malawi would both like to be in bigger pots.

I top dressed a bit too heavy with worm castings on 2 girls last month (it was the bottom of the bag.) Now the soil doesn't want to absorb water as well. I should have done a worm castings/soil blend to cover the roots (and give them more food.)

I admire your patience with Candy. Sometimes they go 8 days, sometimes they go 30 days :)

Yea, they both want more soil, but they won't be going into flower until late July at some point once I get my new room set up, so I'm trying to get them nice and root bound first. I'll probably up pot them mid June to give them a month to dry out before I flip them. That way I won't run into the issue I'm having now where I'm getting behind on drenchs waiting for them to dry out. I have a feeling that purple one I didn't water yesterday will go another week if not two before it needs one. And I really want to grow a huge root ball on it. That and my lighting are what's holding me back on yield. I want to be growing 3-4 zip plants.

Once they are in flower, Doc Bud says the goal is to have soil that is moist and aerated, so I don't go long times between watering and nutrients in flower.

I don't have a complete plan, but I believe he recommends multiple smaller waterings in flower - not the full sized drench. I'm still interpretting this part. I was watering/feeding every 2 days and recently switched to every 3 days while I try to get my humidity back down in the flower room.

Doc uses 1gal of water for a 7 gallon pot. I'm putting about 3/4 gallon in a 5 gallon pot so I think I'm in line with him on that. The problem is that they are going forever growing roots once I put them in the 5 gallons. I just need to give them more time before I flip them. These are the first ones I've done this way and I was surprised at how long they are taking to get thirsty the first time.

I guess with 11-14 weeks to play with, maybe the longer initial drink can be a good thing. I just don't want to be too far behind on the cat. Although,I have tried cat from 2.5 weeks, to not hitting it until week 5 before. I haven't noticed as much of a difference as I thought I would based on when they get it. That's probably due to inferior root systems though. We'll see with this batch.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom