Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

Hi Morglie,

I just finished reading this journal and I enjoyed it very much. It was fun and inspiring to watch you get a better handle on using the kit as time went on. I will now definitely put a purple Malawi on my list to try; she is a particularly attractive specimen! I thought "something looks special about that one" and then you mentioned your happiness about finally nailing high brix with her so it made sense. I'm confident you are right and I look forward to seeing your future results.

Welcome to my little yard, and thank you for the compliments. It might not always be the prettiest, but there's always something different here. The purple Malawi is a very nice plant. I was just getting on here to post an update on my next one to finish.

I had her out earlier this week. While I was working on her I noticed this loamy smell, like fresh compost. I checked around and realized it was a very ripe Mango smell coming from her. I'm checking my notes and unless I forgot to mark it down, she hasn't drank in 16 days and the last one was her first cat.

This was her the day before her first cat.
420-magazine-mobile134675448.jpg

And here she is today.
420-magazine-mobile1166571341.jpg

I may have missed marking down her last drink. That would match up with the rate she's been drinking since I transplanted her. She swelled up like cat drenchs are supposed to do. I haven't had a plant swell like she did yet. I think I may have gotten the sweet spot on when to apply it to this strain. 23 days since pistols.

I decided to cut back to only two outdoors plants this year, so I ended up throwing a second Ppp into flower only a few days behind another one. They are both old cuts that have been in flower for a long time. I don't believe it's a Frankenstein strain, however with two almost identical clones in the same run soil and pots, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to test out the og drench I just got. The last time i grew out this cut, I added epsoms twice in flower and right after that it got this cat piss smell. I'm thinking with what the epsoms did last time, the og drench should amplify it even more. Kind of funny to think, I'm getting this incredibly potent smell and flavor out of a strain that was bread to be a low scent strain for stealth grows. Doc's Rocks kick the terps into overdrive.
420-magazine-mobile1838678527.jpg

Thank you Duggan for swinging by. It's good to know I have your watchful eye on things.

Peace

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

So yesterday, my Zamedelica in flower was a bit thirsty. She's been drinking every 3-4 days. 4 days is now to long and with going out of town soon and leaving junior in charge, I wanted to make things easier. I moved her from the 1 gal bucket she was in, into a 5 gal bucket and managed to somehow squeeze it into my flower room.
420-magazine-mobile1314077858.jpg

I've decided the Panama in the tote is getting cut next week, so that I'll have time to trim and jar her before I leave. I have a vigorous clone of candy in veg that is going to get dropped in its place. I still have the little F1 Panama going in the pot that has another 8 weeks at least. So they both should finish around the same time.

I want candy!
420-magazine-mobile1984796010.jpg

A picture of my ZaPa plants. It looks more like a drawing than a picture with the way the leaves are outlined by the lighting.
420-magazine-mobile19417390.jpg

Peace

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Harvest day this morning. The Panama in the back tote came down.
420-magazine-mobile1955604397.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1425667779.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1269746559.jpg

That left my little F2 that has been growing in her mother's shadow all alone in a big pot of soil. Delicious candy is joining her. I've got her spread out and starting to bush up, and she had a solid enough root ball I could have sat her on my table after I took her out of her pot.
420-magazine-mobile963791699.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1764768877.jpg

I snapped the top off one of the ZaPa a couple weeks ago.
420-magazine-mobile1213761536.jpg

I stuck it in a cup of water and the next weekend when I cut some clones, I bagged and tagged it as well. I forgot to take a picture of it last night when I put it in soil, but it had a lot of thick roots on it. About twice as thick as I normally see. It's looking quite happy today. You'll also notice it's pretty much kept up with the plant's flowering.
420-magazine-mobile83906330.jpg

Since I missed with the roots shot of the ZaPa.
420-magazine-mobile752801218.jpg

Three of the four tomato clones I took rooted.
420-magazine-mobile1805153110.jpg

Something I tried when I took clones of my Malawi. I only really needed one for certain but had three good ones I could take, so I figured I'd experiment. One I coated with fresh aloe from a fillet I just cut, one with cloneX, and the third with both. The stretching is due to my lighting in veg being a bit uneven I believe.

Aloe
420-magazine-mobile852460216.jpg

CloneX
420-magazine-mobile40094796.jpg

Both
420-magazine-mobile1598741571.jpg

I'm not certain if all strains would work, but I know now, I can use aloe to clone with if need be.

Have a good one guys.

Peace

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Heading back home tomorrow. Hopefully Jr has kept all the girls alive and thriving. I'll have an update on Sunday/Monday once the 18 hour drive finishes taking its toll on me. It's been a great week though, visiting the inlaws.

The Panama has been the perfect smoke for Florida. One bat full and the back ache fades and the day glows. I'm really enjoying the taste as well. I'm wishing I kept a clone. Ah well, 4 more Ace seeds and about 30 F1s I made to search for more nice phenos. I'm ok with that.

Peace

I'm back! The girls were busy while I was gone. I opened the veg closet and was taken aback. It was a jungle in there. I had to trim several leaves that were crispy from pressing against the cfl. It doesn't show in the picture since it's an overhead, but this is after I up potted one and tied most of them back to let them bush up.
420-magazine-mobile606741577.jpg

These were my Malawi clones a couple of days before I left.
420-magazine-mobile1549630973.jpg

And today.
420-magazine-mobile1064982500.jpg

I think the stretch must be due to the other plants being so bushy around them and crowding them for lights. They were right under the lights. I'm going to swap out the 2700 bulbs for 6500. The plants by the 2700 bulbs are stretching more than the ones by the 6500s.

My little Panama F2 is frosting up, with her new container mate, candy, starting to flower.
420-magazine-mobile185113317.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1136497462.jpg

I have two distinct phenos of my ZaPa. Two of them are developing long skinny buds. The other one is developing fat buds like the Panama.
420-magazine-mobile119413644.jpg
420-magazine-mobile959746306.jpg

Now that I'm looking at the pictures and see the pistols turning on the second one, I think it's just a faster pheno, not necessarily fatter buds.

For reference, this is a cut off the mother of the strain that starting flowering at the same time as them.
420-magazine-mobile747534855.jpg

My test cutting off my Malawi I put in flower, in a cup of water when I left, dried up. So I'm still not certain of the sex. It went nuts while I was gone. Very vigorous growth and lovely purple striping on the stems. I put her in a 5 gallon bucket. I'm going to put it into flower in a couple of days. I want to give it a bit of time for the roots to start growing into the new soil before I flip her.
420-magazine-mobile106631415.jpg
420-magazine-mobile367324424.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1470020598.jpg
420-magazine-mobile101122188.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1675314981.jpg

Checking my notes I made a bone headed move and have missed treating my garden the last couple of weeks. The mites attacked my afghani. I was planning on cutting her tomorrow, but she was bad enough, I cut her tonight. All the plants got treated tonight so only the veg room got brixed. Flower will get it tomorrow.

I'm beat. Cya guys around.

Peace

Malawi looks like a real promising young lady. Nice looking.

I think you might like a bit more light hung a bit closer in your veg area. I run four 54W T5 HO CFL tubes for a similar number of plants. Mostly 1-3 inches above the top leaves. At 6-8 inches away, I get double the stretch.

Sweet Sue started out running about 3 compact CFL hanging bulbs per plant as close as she could hang them. 1/2 the bulbs were at or below the canopy. But she liked to grow small plants.

I might not know what I am talking about, since none of my strains are pure Sativa (Delicatessen Lilly and AK47 XTRM are both about 80% sativa.) Just trying to help.

I think you might like a bit more light hung a bit closer in your veg area. I run four 54W T5 HO CFL tubes for a similar number of plants. Mostly 1-3 inches above the top leaves. At 6-8 inches away, I get double the stretch.

Sweet Sue started out running about 3 compact CFL hanging bulbs per plant as close as she could hang them. 1/2 the bulbs were at or below the canopy. But she liked to grow small plants.

I might not know what I am talking about, since none of my strains are pure Sativa (Delicatessen Lilly and AK47 XTRM are both about 80% sativa.) Just trying to help.

I've been working with a less than desirable veg space. It's a Harry Potter closet in a nook under the stairs. This summer my grow spaces are getting moved and upgraded. Eventually I'll be using my blurple lights from my flower room to veg. Ran close up they keep the nodes packed nice and tight. That picture I took of veg doesn't do justice to what I came back to. That whole closet was grown up to the ceiling around the lights.

Soon, I'll have seriously upgraded sized rooms. Well, a plant cycle away. The Malawi is going into flower in a couple of days and that will be my last flowering plant in my current set up. I have a few other shorter flowering strains that will still be joining, but the idea is to clear it out before the dog days of summer start. Then the home and grow upgrades begin!

I've been working with a less than desirable veg space. It's a Harry Potter closet in a nook under the stairs. This summer my grow spaces are getting moved and upgraded. Eventually I'll be using my blurple lights from my flower room to veg. Ran close up they keep the nodes packed nice and tight. That picture I took of veg doesn't do justice to what I came back to. That whole closet was grown up to the ceiling around the lights.

Soon, I'll have seriously upgraded sized rooms. Well, a plant cycle away. The Malawi is going into flower in a couple of days and that will be my last flowering plant in my current set up. I have a few other shorter flowering strains that will still be joining, but the idea is to clear it out before the dog days of summer start. Then the home and grow upgrades begin!

Good for you, sounds like an excellent upgrade to do :)

Great journal, fun to read, Morglie......the more you grow the more you know.....great job and keep going.....:thumb:

I had the flower room out for brix yesterday along with getting a neem treatment. While they were out, I noticed the faster flowing pheno of ZaPa smells like Panama and the other two smell like zamadelica. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Panama one again.

Brix day is my photo-op day for the flowering girls :;): (hint)

Hi Morglie,

I have been reading your journal with great interest. Your journal style is different, and I like it! Glad to see you're not afraid to try things just to see what happens. At one point I pictured Dr Morglie in his lab creating and mixing and snipping. It was funny.

On a serious note, I WILL grow some Malawi from Ace. I've been looking at seed banks but can't seem to trust the description written by a journalist working for the company. Was so glad to get your unbiased review of ACE and the Malawi and Zameldica.

Well, eloquence isn't my thing, and others have expressed things I wanted to say, so I won't bore you with more accolades. Much appreciate your journal and your style! Green Buds and Happy Smoke to you!

Hey Rad,...you doin 'Lilly'...awesome , i get to see how ya like her. I just finished up with her last week. She was my go to day time...very nice feeling , clean , social, talkable weed. liked her a lot. The breeder says she's 100% sativa ,..you say 80?
anyhow , cool to hear your growing 'Lilly'.Like to see what pheno you get. Cheers Rad, Morglie and friends.
Oh ya, Morglie , was going to tell you i use 6500 in my lil veg corner,..in that 2 x 4 t-8 fixture. They work the best out of the florescent lamps. Cheers bud.

Hey Rad,...you doin 'Lilly'...awesome , i get to see how ya like her. I just finished up with her last week. She was my go to day time...very nice feeling , clean , social, talkable weed. liked her a lot. The breeder says she's 100% sativa ,..you say 80?
anyhow , cool to hear your growing 'Lilly'.Like to see what pheno you get. Cheers Rad, Morglie and friends.
Oh ya, Morglie , was going to tell you i use 6500 in my lil veg corner,..in that 2 x 4 t-8 fixture. They work the best out of the florescent lamps. Cheers bud.

Seedfinder has Lilly as Jajuga (African congo 75% - Pakistan Chitral 25%) cross Queen mother (96% Sativa), so I calculate that as about 85% Sativa.

This is my Lilly from today, 16" tall and 18 x 24" wide. She will be flowered this month.

20170405_135741-1.jpg

I'm having a lot of fun with my AK47 XTRM. (Supposedly AK47 x White Widow XTRM. Supposedly mostly indica.)
At 1/2 hr after smoking I switch between sleepy stoned, and chatting up a storm.
At 1 hr, I am energetic but a bit clumsy. I act like a happy drunk.
At 2-3 hours, I am getting a lot done and feeling happy.

If I sit and watch TV, I don't even feel high.

Hi Morglie,

I have been reading your journal with great interest. Your journal style is different, and I like it! Glad to see you're not afraid to try things just to see what happens. At one point I pictured Dr Morglie in his lab creating and mixing and snipping. It was funny.

On a serious note, I WILL grow some Malawi from Ace. I've been looking at seed banks but can't seem to trust the description written by a journalist working for the company. Was so glad to get your unbiased review of ACE and the Malawi and Zameldica.

Well, eloquence isn't my thing, and others have expressed things I wanted to say, so I won't bore you with more accolades. Much appreciate your journal and your style! Green Buds and Happy Smoke to you!

Thank you for stopping in maineiac. The lab coats are hung by the door if you need one....

I know your feeling with the seed banks and their descriptions. I'm sure there are quite a few good ones out there, but it's hard to know who to trust. Ace has won my trust and quite a few others here. You'll see quite a few people running them here on the mag.

Welcome to my garden. Sit back, relax, and have a toke.

Back
Top Bottom