Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

Wow! Lots of visitors here today. Welcome everyone. Make yourselves at home. There's some delicious candy in the bowl. This is some tasty stuff. Skunky, cheesy goodness.

Same Here ... Morglie
Just noticed your signature after all the posting you've done on my thread. And Ace Seeds in HiBrix right in your signature !
2 days later and I'm all caught up :) - I should have been coming here to learn !

I'm just starting with Ace seeds, and I'm new to Sativa growing, still I'm wondering if you have enough light for vegging.

I veg with a single 216W (4 x 54W) 4' long CFL fixture 2-6" above the plants and my Ace Lily is vegging a lot like a hybrid.
With 2x125W CFL bulbs you should be getting similar results, but your girls seem to do a lot more stretching for the light.

Probably doesn't need changing now, and I know you early flowered most of this grow, but it seems you might benefit from more light in veg (or closer light in veg) to build lower and stronger branches.

I'm learning as well Rado. I've only been growing successfully for about a year now. I was excited to see you were growing Ace seeds as well this time. They have some great genetics.

I definitely have a light distribution issue in my veg area. It's in a small area with a sloped ceiling. I have one socket with two splitters attached. The plants right under it grow amazingly well. But once you start moving away from the center it is not as good. I have to turn and rotate the plants daily, to get them to grow balanced.

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

looking great!!
The Zamaldelica I grew and made seeds, I really love.
ACE seeds do well in Docs soil ..just need the space and time. :)
:goodjob:

I'm enjoying the Zamedelica, but I've not been able to grow one well, yet. I've decided I'm cutting one I have going because it's starting to get powdered mildew and I need to get it out of the room. I believe the cutting I rooted in the cup of water will be my first one I'll grow properly to completion.

I have a pile of Zamedelica x Panama seeds that I'm starting to grow out. If I was in an area where they would grow outside I would have to go seed ball bandit with them. I have an update on those I need to post.

Thanks for stopping by and spreading the word.

Hey! How did I not see this? Thanks for this great journal. If you don't mind I'll check in as often as possible and get to know you and your grow.

Welcome to my yard Doc. I've been running under the radar, as I have a tendency to experiment and didn't want to corrupt the new kit users from getting wild and experimenting.

I threw my first batch of soil out of whack from not having a good note taking system in place. I've been using that soil up using varying methods to learn the kit and just started putting my cuttings into a fresh batch of 'Doc's Rocks' this last week. I've been working on dialing in my environment as well, which has made a major difference. Along with not being blind to mite infestations.

Thank you for putting in the effort to create this great kit. Even my messed up, cut weeks early, plants were as good as most of what is available on the streets. I'm starting to get some amazing bud now and the plants still aren't doing as well as they will. Connoisseur cannabis is in my future and I have you to thank for that.

Morglie's been hiding! All ive ever seen is likes here and there! Didn't know you had a journal

I've been lurking around for a while, although I was using a different user name to start with. I try to absorb as much information as I can and typically don't try to add advise unless I'm fairly certain of something. There's a lot of misinformation out there and I don't want to contribute to it. Plus, I learn best by playing around with something and I'm trying not to corrupt all the kit newbs with my ways. Glad to have you along CannaT.

I just found this too. All caught up and subbed! I love that purple Malawi!
:goodjob:

Glad to have you along Neiko. I lucked out getting that pheno. It's fairly rare and I got that and a male out of the two seeds I sprouted. I'm thinking about trying to flip a cutting of it to backcross it to make F1 seeds that will all be purple, but I'm also going to hit some other strains as well if I do that. Afghani has a complementary the flavor in the pipe, maybe the cross would taste similar..... What am I saying, it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when I get around to getting STS and have the space.

Glad to have you along Neiko. I lucked out getting that pheno. It's fairly rare and I got that and a male out of the two seeds I sprouted. I'm thinking about trying to flip a cutting of it to backcross it to make F1 seeds that will all be purple, but I'm also going to hit some other strains as well if I do that. Afghani has a complementary the flavor in the pipe, maybe the cross would taste similar..... What am I saying, it's going to happen, it's just a matter of when I get around to getting STS and have the space.

I've run Malawi in the past and got the short fruity pheno, it finished in 10 weeks. They aren't joking or using marketing hype when they warn about it not being for inexperienced smokers. That plant was devastating and I ambushed a few unsuspecting souls with it. I just flipped one about a week ago and this one is a different pheno, I'm thinking it's the killer malawi pheno. Come on over to my journal, I'm running ACE malawi, panama haze, Congo and Tikal. Tikal is very underrated, you get the right one and it will be some of the best smoke you'll have. Keep up the good work!

I've run Malawi in the past and got the short fruity pheno, it finished in 10 weeks. They aren't joking or using marketing hype when they warn about it not being for inexperienced smokers. That plant was devastating and I ambushed a few unsuspecting souls with it. I just flipped one about a week ago and this one is a different pheno, I'm thinking it's the killer malawi pheno. Come on over to my journal, I'm running ACE malawi, panama haze, Congo and Tikal. Tikal is very underrated, you get the right one and it will be some of the best smoke you'll have. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the compliments. I've been eyeing tikal. They just released the next step of it and it sounds very tasty. I've got a good stash of sativas going and really need to up my indica genetics. I might have to pick up a few tikal when I do.

Although, looking at their site, they just released a new version of guawi which is the latest tikal release pollinating their killer Malawi. To many choices...... I guess I could get tikal and pollinate it myself with Malawi. Oh the choices.

Your signature isn't showing. I'm assuming you're using the app. You have to put it in your settings to have it show in your posts.

Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

I saw they released a fem version of tikal and the new/better version of Guawi. I found my tikal keeper from some freebie regs. When you go back to ACE's site, scroll through the pics of tikal and Zamadelica........they use my test results, the one that says Neiko's Nuggs. My tikal cut is the most complex chemotype they have found. That is posted in their test result thread on another forum.

Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

I saw they released a fem version of tikal and the new/better version of Guawi. I found my tikal keeper from some freebie regs. When you go back to ACE's site, scroll through the pics of tikal and Zamadelica........they use my test results, the one that says Neiko's Nuggs. My tikal cut is the most complex chemotype they have found. That is posted in their test result thread on another forum.

That's awesome. I never thought to look at where the results were from before in those tests. Very cool.

Yea, it's only the fem version that got updated. I'd rather have regular seeds myself. I can make F1s that way...

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

I was just looking at Ace Lilly genetics - and their description(Congo — Ãfrica Central — Queen Mother) is the same as Delicatessen seeds Lilly on seedfinder.

Do any of you you happen to know if this is Ace reselling Delicatessen ?

Delicatessen is just sold through the ACE website along with Cannabiogen, ACE's Congo is not the same. Queen Mother is also a Delicatessen strain. Queen Mother is a 100% Sativa taking 8-9 weeks and Lilly is a 100% Sativa taking 7-8 weeks. ACE's Congo is a 70% hybrid taking 9-10 weeks. I hope I understood the question right.

I found this elsewhere online ...

Indeed both are from Original Delicatessen strains and quite well known around Spain besides the underground nature of this small seedbank that CBG seems to be supporting and helping out a bit. Here's some info on the genetics:

Queen Mother = (unknown sativa from Spain x Zamal) x Congo1
Dream & Honey = Congo1 x Congo Banghi
Her Majesty = Queen Mother x Mexican 70s.
Alice = Queen Mother x Congo1
Lilly = Dream & Honey x Queen Mother.
First Lady = Mexican 70s (in theory gifted by Robert Clarke).
Edy = HH (north indian or pakistan strain?) x Congo Banghi
Upstream = Lilly x HH.

They are known because they are very fast finishers, frosty and pungent strains. In an inteview the breeder told about how he always chose the faster flowering and best plants for years until he got what he wanted. The lilly is renowned because of the pinneaple smell. Most are pretty stimulating and electric as well excepting the strains that have the relaxing HH and the Mexican strain, which tends to be warmer in effect and not so potent.

Hope it helps!

And here's a post from dubi himself from last Feb ...

I'm also very happy to have the chance to distribute genetics from other breeders i like and respect.

Each bank is independent. At ACE website we are just helping CBG and OD to distribute their seeds.

So yes, it looks like you're right. :slide:

neikodog, Graytail - Thanks for the genetics info + reps to you both.

Seedfinder lists the Congo (Bangi) of Delicatessen seeds as containing Pakistani (Chitral) indica.

By my understanding Queen Mother comes in at 1/16 indica and the "Pure Sativa" Lilly comes in at 3/16 indica. That's good for me as far as growing indoors alongside my other hybrids - but less pure of a Sativa than I though I was purchasing.

- Thanks for the use of your thread Morglie - I promise I know almost nothing about breeders, so won't continue to spam with breeder talk :)

neikodog, Graytail - Thanks for the genetics info + reps to you both.

Seedfinder lists the Congo (Bangi) of Delicatessen seeds as containing Pakistani (Chitral) indica.

By my understanding Queen Mother comes in at 1/16 indica and the "Pure Sativa" Lilly comes in at 3/16 indica. That's good for me as far as growing indoors alongside my other hybrids - but less pure of a Sativa than I though I was purchasing.

- Thanks for the use of your thread Morglie - I promise I know almost nothing about breeders, so won't continue to spam with breeder talk :)

I'm good with all the breeder talk. I've spent a lot of time researching ace strains on another forum that the breeders utilize. And Ace and their affiliates seem to be the place. I keep coming back to their stock when I'm considering my next seed purchase. I've been eyeing queen mother for a while. I've been looking for some more zamal strains. There are several straight reunion island landraces through tropical seed's site, but I don't think I'm ready to try wild unworked sativas yet.

It seems like a fairly regular thing, that you'll find seed banks that mix indica into "pure" sativas to tame them a bit. That's one thing I love about Ace. They don't do that very often and the transparency is there when they do. You can ask Dubi the genetics of one of their strains and he'll break it down for you. The only times there are uncertainties is when they don't know the exact genetics of something.

I completely forgot to post my update on the ZaPa cross. (Zamedelica Thai pheno x Panama green) I guess that's OK as they just started showing sex today.

A (female)
420-magazine-mobile656347728.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1586806418.jpg

B (male)
420-magazine-mobile2123728065.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1356811910.jpg

C (female)
420-magazine-mobile685332383.jpg
420-magazine-mobile468981055.jpg

D (Unknown)
420-magazine-mobile1189668452.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1630604263.jpg

The shortest, most compact one is a male. I was planning on just culling any males but this one looks nice enough with the structure, that I'm attempting to transplant him into his own pot. If he takes, awesome. If not, it's not that big of loss.
420-magazine-mobile1491360888.jpg
420-magazine-mobile253333274.jpg

Weepy, but it does afford a nice view of the male parts. Always good info to post. Really nice structure to the developing flower.
420-magazine-mobile884668308.jpg

A few other random pics.

Not quite up to Doc's root balls, but I'm getting there. This clone has been in this pot since July, so it's had a bit of time to veg.
420-magazine-mobile28772026.jpg
420-magazine-mobile79495265.jpg

The Panama and her two little F1 sisters who are growing in her shadow.
420-magazine-mobile1527684116.jpg
420-magazine-mobile944010388.jpg
420-magazine-mobile942429732.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1356670837.jpg

Peace

I was just looking at Ace Lilly genetics - and their description(Congo – Ãfrica Central – Queen Mother) is the same as Delicatessen seeds Lilly on seedfinder.

Do any of you you happen to know if this is Ace reselling Delicatessen ?

Delicatessen is just sold through the ACE website along with Cannabiogen, ACE's Congo is not the same. Queen Mother is also a Delicatessen strain. Queen Mother is a 100% Sativa taking 8-9 weeks and Lilly is a 100% Sativa taking 7-8 weeks. ACE's Congo is a 70% hybrid taking 9-10 weeks. I hope I understood the question right.

I found this elsewhere online ...

Indeed both are from Original Delicatessen strains and quite well known around Spain besides the underground nature of this small seedbank that CBG seems to be supporting and helping out a bit. Here's some info on the genetics:

Queen Mother = (unknown sativa from Spain x Zamal) x Congo1
Dream & Honey = Congo1 x Congo Banghi
Her Majesty = Queen Mother x Mexican 70s.
Alice = Queen Mother x Congo1
Lilly = Dream & Honey x Queen Mother.
First Lady = Mexican 70s (in theory gifted by Robert Clarke).
Edy = HH (north indian or pakistan strain?) x Congo Banghi
Upstream = Lilly x HH.

They are known because they are very fast finishers, frosty and pungent strains. In an inteview the breeder told about how he always chose the faster flowering and best plants for years until he got what he wanted. The lilly is renowned because of the pinneaple smell. Most are pretty stimulating and electric as well excepting the strains that have the relaxing HH and the Mexican strain, which tends to be warmer in effect and not so potent.

Hope it helps!

And here's a post from dubi himself from last Feb ...

I'm also very happy to have the chance to distribute genetics from other breeders i like and respect.

Each bank is independent. At ACE website we are just helping CBG and OD to distribute their seeds.

So yes, it looks like you're right. :slide:

I grew out Ace's "Lilly" It's a Delecatesin strain. I smoked some of it tonight....have a 'Lilly' journal,...complete!

Does no one remember my "Lilly' journal????????????????
Nevermind.

Back
Top Bottom