Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

It's so helpful to follow another grower experimenting with seeds! I'm going to have a good harvest of Mystery Sativa seeds. :) The best I can guess on ancestry is non-Diesel Sativa, since neither father nor mothers had any diesel scent at all.

The next crossing will be with male #2 who def has a Diesel scent, and whose leaves are ridiculously narrow! LOL!

Are those from bag seed? I grew a plant from a seed a friend gave me. It ended up being what looks like a pure sativa. It isn't super potent, but has a nice lemony zing and a great, feel good, buzz. I stay focused until I imbibe a lot, and I feel like I'm on the brink of busting into a grin just because I feel so good. I'm thinking it's a Mexican sativa.

I love rubbing the stems to compare the sents on each as they develope. I'm liking what I have, but I'm looking forward to pheno hunting for better.

Are those from bag seed? I grew a plant from a seed a friend gave me. It ended up being what looks like a pure sativa. It isn't super potent, but has a nice lemony zing and a great, feel good, buzz. I stay focused until I imbibe a lot, and I feel like I'm on the brink of busting into a grin just because I feel so good. I'm thinking it's a Mexican sativa.

I love rubbing the stems to compare the scents on each as they develop. I'm liking what I have, but I'm looking forward to pheno hunting for better.

The mystery Sativas came as freebie bonuses from Nirvana Seeds. No, they do not label their freebies. I assume they're seeds that "fell off the sorting table", or a discontinued strain. These are far more Sativa than anything I have gotten from any seed bank. The leaf fronds are only 3/16" wide.

Your experience encourages me to continue breeding my mysteries, based on phenotype, resin, and scent. Male #2, with a definite diesel ancestry, has active pods, and I have it set up to catch the pollen. I'll pollinate to one of the mystery ladies and hopefully get a dieselly, lemony, piney offspring.

The mystery Sativas came as freebie bonuses from Nirvana Seeds. No, they do not label their freebies. I assume they're seeds that "fell off the sorting table", or a discontinued strain. These are far more Sativa than anything I have gotten from any seed bank. The leaf fronds are only 3/16" wide.

Your experience encourages me to continue breeding my mysteries, based on phenotype, resin, and scent. Male #2, with a definite diesel ancestry, has active pods, and I have it set up to catch the pollen. I'll pollinate to one of the mystery ladies and hopefully get a dieselly, lemony, piney offspring.
I think I've seen that from a couple different places, where the mystery seeds are the ones they don't know the strain. That sounds like a tasty combo.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

I'm home and the girls got fed and brixed yesterday. The zam are looking rough. That's a strain that is going to take me some practice to get down. The others are cranking along though. The smell of the Panama and afghani hit me in the face when I open the flower room. Sticky sweetness. Yumm!

Zamedelica
420-magazine-mobile1619208957.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1742556378.jpg

Panama
420-magazine-mobile966517567.jpg

Malawi
420-magazine-mobile1852713145.jpg

Afghani
420-magazine-mobile320630220.jpg

My Malawi male really slowed down while I was gone. He got moved to my work room under two t12 bulbs and 70 degrees for highs. He's looking good except for the slow metabolism. Nice structure. His canopy stayed almost even with 8 tops. He should make a great patron.
420-magazine-mobile1644490023.jpg

My veg room is starting to look like a jungle. Time to take some clones today and do some trimming.
420-magazine-mobile1003323185.jpg

I'll get pictures of my Malawi clones in veg later today when I attack that room. They are showing pistols. That plant showed sex in veg. That was the little nubs that grow at the branch terminals though. This is regular pistols. They seem to be thriving. Hopefully, it's not autoflowering traits.

On a note for you autoflower fans, Ace is working on a version of their Malawi. I'm excited about the Japanese and Mauritius landrace strains they are working on a well. Maybe I can get ahold of those when I make my next order. The Japanese is a isolated strain that's been cultivated for centuries. And Mauritius is an island near Reunion island off Madagascar. Hopefully, it shares the psychodelic aspect with the strains from Reunion Isle. To many landraces and not enough room.

Following Nismo's plan on a scrog of HB, has me thinking about setting up my 18 gallon tote in the flower room once I harvest a couple of plants. I was thinking about planting some of my crosses it in and start them in 11/13 lighting. Keep them small and test out how the cross came out. I think part of my problem I'm experiencing with the zams is that they are in to small of containers. This should help them stay healthy longer. If I get that killer plant though, it'll be tough to save. I've found the clones of my pure power plant that I revegged, are very flimsy. My pollinated bubsickle can't hold itself up and the buds are barely the size of my thumb. I don't want a weakened version. I want the vigor the mother plant has. We'll see how it pans out. I'll have plenty of Zamedelica x Panama seeds to play with.

I want to cross my male Malawi with a clone of my female Panama. I hit my female Malawi with my male Panama. Now I'm going to try the opposite to see how the strain characteristics come through. From my understanding, there is a difference in traits that carry over depending on whether it's from the mother or father.

See everyone later today in the yards.

Peace

Morglie,

I am a huge fan of landrace strains....I read in your profile you use cannabis for medical reasons....how do you find the landrace strains able to give you relief....now I need your knowledge....are all landrace strains sativa....

Morglie,

I am a huge fan of landrace strains....I read in your profile you use cannabis for medical reasons....how do you find the landrace strains able to give you relief....now I need your knowledge....are all landrace strains sativa....

Landrace strains are ones that grow naturally in an area. I.e. They are genetically acclimated to the region. Most either fall into pure sativa or indica based on where they grow.

I'm growing sativa landraces mainly, although I do have an afghani freebie from herbies that is an indica landrace.

I find that sativas help with pain relief in that they let you mentally block the pain. Basically forgetting it's there. If you stop and think about it it's right there, but when you stop thinking about it, it is gone. There is some body numbing as well due to the euphoria most sativas impart, but I find it more a matter of the mind tossing it off to the back where you don't notice it.

Indica on the other hand will have the much heavier body sensations. These are the strains that most people would associate with pain relief. They are nice, but many times very relaxing, and I want something to keep me motivated.

I personally prefer the sativas because of how productive you can be. It's what SweetSue favors and you'll notice she's in high speed all the time. I went through a spinal fusion this summer and used what I could get ahold of earlier and what I've been growing later. This is basically my third grow, so still early in my learning, but Doc's kit has helped me immensely. I've found I love the sativa buzz the best, and what better way to get that exact thing unadulterated, than by growing landrace sativas. Most of the commercial strains are a hybrid. Even if they are listed as just sativa or indica, they still will have a bit of the other. If you're looking for landraces to grow I highly recommend Ace. They work their lines to really bring out the best in the strain. A lot of landrace seeds are seeds direct from the source. Potentially phenomenal, but it's a crap shoot if you'll get something worth keeping.

Either way though, it helps.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my garden. Please make yourself at home. :insert some type of passing the J emoji here:

All the big girls were out today as I cleared off the dead leaves. The mites had a resurgence while I was away. They aren't horrible yet, but the Zamedelica are looking rough. Once I got them out and the dead leaves off they are looking better. I think they'll make it to harvest ok. The Malawi is taking off and getting that lovely dark green color covered in frost. The afghani is already showing a bit of amber. She's sitting at only 6 weeks since pistols though. Another week or two and she should be ready. Panama shouldn't be much behind at that point either. She had a surge of new pistols on the tips when I got back earlier this week. I think she's going to have another burst of flowering.

Zamedelica
420-magazine-mobile135532185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile357150033.jpg

Panama
420-magazine-mobile1781033533.jpg

Malawi
420-magazine-mobile924843944.jpg
420-magazine-mobile603648671.jpg

Afghani
420-magazine-mobile520159238.jpg

I've got some cuttings bagged up. I'm using rockwool cubes sitting on hydroton. Hopefully they take as at least two of them are going to be outdoors next spring. I want to start them early and get past the stalled from topping phase before they go out. Hopefully I'm not over compensating. I don't want 10 foot tall plants. Just something better than the .4 of a zip that I got off my outdoor one this year. The candy that is getting cloned moved into flower today.
420-magazine-mobile2046877815.jpg

Hopefully the cuttings take. But if they don't it's not the end. The candy smells great but it wasn't very vigorous. I think there's going to be a reset in my future to eliminate the mites. We'll see. Possibly, that will happen while my outdoor ones grow and I'm building my new indoor grow area. I'm really getting frustrated with them in these tiny areas where I can't get to everything. Being able to walk around my plants will be amazing. I can't wait.

Peace

So, I cut a small branch of the Zamedelica the other day. I wanted to see how the seeds are. I got 17 out of enough bud to make a bowl. Not all of the plant is that heavily seeded, but I don't think I'll be worried about running out of seeds any time soon.

So that bowl full of bud..... I tested it out with the wife last night. It's got some punch to it already at 8 weeks. At least a couple of weeks if not a month left before it's ripe. I can't wait. :slide:

Speaking of ready, the Panama is mostly cloudy, while the afghani is all milky. I'm going to let this one get a decent amount of amber. I cut my outside one when it was like this and she ended up being mostly fluff. Great tasting fluff, but fluff, none the less. My mini Panama will be coming down the same time as her big sister. They are auto sized, but I should have 6 plants harvested by early February not counting the bubsickles. Finally the perpetual is kicking into gear. Just in time as well. I'm about to get into the small jars I set aside from my last 4 plants. I want to cure them for awhile so I can revisit them next winter.

Paki Valley, afghani, and two Malawi seeds found their way into some soil over the holiday. Oh! And it would appear I have a volunteer in the Malawi pot.
420-magazine-mobile1640942355.jpg

Peace

This morning to mark the new year I fired up some afghani and then the Panama and her baby sister got cut. I ended up cutting my pure power plant bubsickle as well as I'm not worried about getting bud from her. The little ones will get picked for seeds then turned into oil. It seemed silly to set up a wash to cut just her next weekend. She's ready, just not firmed up yet.

The smell off the Panama is heavenly even though I didn't time my drenchs correctly. She quit drinking on her 2nd cycle of Cat drenchs so I couldn't finish her off on GE like I had planned. Stripped of her large fans for cut this morning.
420-magazine-mobile200193197.jpg
420-magazine-mobile14536099.jpg
420-magazine-mobile392570811.jpg
420-magazine-mobile222547886.jpg

And the bubsickle girls
420-magazine-mobile892887500.jpg

I'm doing some rearranging in the flower room to see if I can get my Panama clone in the room. She's in a 1gal bucket and really wants something larger. I'm planning on dropping her in an 18 gallon tote in the flower room.
420-magazine-mobile769793401.jpg

While they're out I'm getting a good look at each. The purple is starting to come out more in the Malawi. There are a few crispy edges, but she has the dark shiny fake leaves going with it. Hopefully I can keep her happier than my Panama. I need to get my RH up. I have a feeling that's doing more damage than any lingering mites are creating. I'm not seeing any new signs of them in the last week. Hopefully the diligence in spraying has gotten them gone or at least severally limited. The humidifier I put in the room is helping but it barely raised the RH.
420-magazine-mobile1435835636.jpg
420-magazine-mobile827362767.jpg

The afghani is coming along. I may take her next weekend. I'll check the trics later this week to see how she's progressing.
420-magazine-mobile953162009.jpg
420-magazine-mobile435739521.jpg

I trimmed up the crispy leaves on the Zamedelica. The B plant is the stretchier of the two. There's a clone of her in flower that just got Cat drenched a couple of days ago. I'll have a nice sensimillia version to test not to much later than the original. From what I've read, she should be the speedier buzz of the two. After testing the A plant last week, I think I'm going to be in for a treat with the B pheno. She's starting to swell up. :slide:
Zamedelica B
420-magazine-mobile1824026737.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1065912518.jpg

The A plant is really starting to frost up. Both of these should be fire. I need to get my environment and growing dialed in for these.
Zamedelica A
420-magazine-mobile1466998185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2008632341.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2132730603.jpg

They all fit!
420-magazine-mobile429163944.jpg

The girls hanging by their heels. Along with a test bud from zam B
420-magazine-mobile1957705608.jpg

The basil trio. Lemon, sweet, and Thai from left to right. I just jarred up some dried lemon for the wife today. These will be going in the living room eventually. Fresh high brix herbs for the wife to cook with. Yumm!
420-magazine-mobile1076453481.jpg

There's also a mint that is in my soil mix as I'm planning on putting it outside in the spring. We want it to take over an area behind the barn. I want an indoor one in high brix soil. My wife is trying to propogate an Orchid that's bloomed three times this summer by rooting the sprout into an adjacent pot. I thought, what a great way to get a high brix mint. 😁
420-magazine-mobile1541317512.jpg

One of my Panama clones looks like it's starting to root. So I put her in soil. That'll be my backup of the one going into flower in the tote. If the other takes it will be headed to the outdoors this summer. I keep telling her that. Hopefully it encourages her. I don't think I'm going to get rock wool cubes again. They really seem to be a poor option to rooter plugs. The humidity level of them is to hard to regulate. They are either soaked or dry. There doesn't seem to be an in between. I'm ordering more plugs today.

Well, that's it for today's update.

Peace

I had the girls out today to check on them. I overdid the last neem treatment, I believe with to much soap in the mix. There are a couple that I had just put into flower that are not looking so hot now. Including the Panama that I just dropped into 18 gallons of soil. I think they're going to pull through ok, but not near to what they should have done.

While I had the girls out I was checking tricombs. The afghani and Zamedelica A are going to get cut this coming weekend. The zam got a bit of mold. I trimmed that off but I noticed that the bud with the mold hermied, so all the seeds from her are going with the trim for oil. Hopefully she didn't throw stray pollen.

I'm really liking the structure on the B plant. The buds are starting to swell up, but they are still throwing new pistols. She's got a few weeks yet. I can wait on her. The sample bud was a short lived buzz, but the intensity is pretty nice. I feel like I'm on speed with a weird tilt to the world. Music is especially interesting. I'm growing this strain for playing music specifically and this pheno looks like it'll be excellent for that.
420-magazine-mobile361517461.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1019370630.jpg

The afghani is really starting to bulk up. She smells just like cauliflower when I stick my nose in the flower. I got to try some from my outdoor plant but this one in the "kit" should be extra tasty.
420-magazine-mobile387816177.jpg

And the purple Malawi.... It's reminding me of the DDA that was my first grow. Not quite as dark yet but she might get there. And the berry smell is dead on. She's very photogenic. 😁
420-magazine-mobile1707426186.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1936363189.jpg
420-magazine-mobile859816904.jpg

And a sample because I'm a kid and I can't wait. :slide:
420-magazine-mobile677421390.jpg

Yes...they look very nice. I love this one - the purple Malawi

420-magazine-mobile1707426186.jpg

That's my current favorite. I'm getting ready to test out those samples after dinner. She's at 57 days today. I'm thinking I'll probably cut her next weekend. The purple is a fast finisher and she's already all milky.

The afghani and both original zams got cut today. They were starting to show some white mildew and I didn't feel good pushing them another week even though they all could have taken a week more. There was around 10% amber showing on all three plants. I wanted the afghani to amber up good because of it being an indica so it's for relaxing and sleep. The Zamedelica could use a bit of amber to keep the intensity from getting to be too much. The B pheno has it more so but they both give this feeling of nervous energy. I love the energy, but I feel like I'm jittery it's so intense.

Afghani
0939d97dec7f165a55f527143d8b2990.jpg
aa08ed372f8714884b0bd248e8913019.jpg
ffa8e0150b3027d01a8317818cdb4304.jpg
9dbda336663be23df99f432682c8c886.jpg

The lower buds looked good so I left them on until next weekend.
204288515b34c611349a518570c927c5.jpg

Zamedelica A
69dc2800dba041f054d02adeddde239d.jpg
b9882897742a4e83c2ffcf61fb4d43f4.jpg

Zamedelica B
a2c11552e8ca734a45d3c6acff66026a.jpg
64d28c9aac1f074a042b16c17bb20721.jpg
6d51b52a49ad58b77a1fd38c0744aec2.jpg

And all three hanging in a row.
a32abc0a15d6ae51da4548eb47c91a4b.jpg

The Malawi is really starting to get greasy. To the touch and to the smell. I'm really looking forward to this one. At the speed it's finishing, I think I'll be able to grow it outdoors this summer. :slide:
3710a07e0fac341a1a67b36ed78551a8.jpg
f616f5077fc99ee2356f50516d1b5296.jpg
fde0268e7846544ffdae21aabc9f6fcd.jpg
3647fce0018af38df865e71a617cf220.jpg

The clone of the Zam B pheno is coming along nicely without all the seeds.
259588f9170a0e3f385ed7dee33101b4.jpg
140419d4032366439ed4265f7a34b63c.jpg
0b45389bf113b9b7d336a3a37b05862c.jpg

The B pheno has nice club shaped buds. Plus it has good lateral growth without stretching too crazily. This will be my true test of the pheno since the one it was cloned from was very saturated with seeds, along with the mites. I think I've got a keeper here. Well two counting the Malawi. Now I just need to get these seeds to pop for the next round.

Peace

I trimmed up the lowers from the afghani tonight and was pleasantly surprised by 16 beautiful, huge seeds. I didn't see any signs of pollination and thought it hasn't stuck. Afghani x Panama. A couple of weeks and I'll be popping a few of those to go with my 2 Panama f1s. Hopefully some of the Zamedelica x Panama will sprout as well. I have 6 of them waiting to sprout.

I think I may go back to the paper towel method. Soaking them then putting them in soil isn't having the germination rates I'd like. Especially when I'm looking at picking up some more seeds online. At the price they are, I want every one of them to grow.

I'm pretty good on the sativas. Especially once I dust my Malawi pollen around. I'm wanting to pick up a cbd strain but keep coming back to ace's catalog. Maybe I can get ahold of some of their pink Malawi x la petit they are testing. It's supposed to be a high cbd strain. I've been eyeing, snow moon, erdpurt x pck, early bubba, and kali China. I've discovered a need for some indica. I love the sativa buzz, but it really doesn't lend itself to sleep. This Zamedelica is akin to amphetamines.

Trimmed another tester of the purple Malawi. It'll be going with me to band practice this weekend. I think I'm going to harvest her Sunday. I'm really looking forward to that. She's a special one.

Back
Top Bottom