Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In High Brix

There's some frostiness starting in the garden. The Panamas should go another 5-6 weeks and the Zamedelica should have another 7-10 weeks. They should be good sized spears by then.
420-magazine-mobile1597739375.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1220406891.jpg
420-magazine-mobile908774946.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1139547580.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1228218817.jpg

The afghani and Malawi are both starting to flower with a passion. Hopefully they come along enough to get their cats before I go out of town. My wife is watering for me when plants dry out, but I don't want to try and explain my notations and haphazardly method of labeling plants. It works for me, as I'm learning my plants much better this way. It's not so good for leaving someone else in charge. I've been considering altering my notations system. Probably should do that sooner rather than later.

Malawi
420-magazine-mobile1803072825.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1092591104.jpg

Afghani
420-magazine-mobile1428635116.jpg
420-magazine-mobile186234110.jpg

Peace

I realized today when I was trying to show my friend this pic, that I hadn't posted it.
Sea of green
420-magazine-mobile1727544737.jpg

I need to hit them again with the thyme and cayenne spray, but with the exodus of the mites it looks like I might be getting close to the higher end of brix. The Zamedelica B pheno is a bit crispy though. I misread the slight droop of leaves, thinking it wanted a heavier drench. I'm thinking this pheno could run with very little in the way of drenchs. It's kind of spindly and wild looking. The Pheno I'm looking for is similar. Crossing my fingers.

The girls just got their weekly brix. I just realized I have a Malawi in flower that I don't know the sex of. I definitely will when I get back. Hopefully it's not flinging pollen willy nilly. I think I'll be good timing wise even if it is a male.
Malawi B
420-magazine-mobile1455087067.jpg
420-magazine-mobile21358568.jpg

Malawi A. She's coming along nicely. Just got her first cat last night.
420-magazine-mobile2090029081.jpg
420-magazine-mobile771488365.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2112278927.jpg

On the Malawi's, I got one of my cuttings off A to root! I put her into flower before I had a clone rooted and had to take another cutting from after she had been in flower a couple of weeks. Only a couple of days before they get the fiberglass(dbhbb) stems. I was afraid I was going to loss the genetics and she is growing as vigorously as my Panama.

Afghani is really bushing up. It's cool to recognize the way it's growing after growing my outdoor one this summer. It's the first strain I've grown more than one of from seed. She definitely doesn't like a lot of food. I was burning up her leaves when I first put her into flower. They were curling up and leaving the bones. I wasn't giving her anymore than the others but I cut way back at that point and she is growing like crazy. Just got her first cat drench last night as well.
420-magazine-mobile1734745314.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1228790528.jpg

Today I topped my Zamedelica in veg. I don't want anymore clones of her right now so I thought I'd see how long they stay alive in a glass of water.
420-magazine-mobile1158154197.jpg

Peace

All the little fuzzy buds are so pretty! :dreamy:

It's going to be such a treat when you come home and see them after being away. How long will you be gone?

I'm going out of town for ten days. I was just thinking about how I'll have some Panama just a few weeks after I get back. I'm trying to time my cat drenchs around when I'm gone.

Ten days! They're going to look like different plants when you return. How exciting! That's certainly something to look forward to. I mean, not that you wouldn't look forward to returning and seeing your wife, but let's be real, she's gonna look the same... :blalol: :laughtwo: Sorry, Mrs. Morglie!
I'm excited to see the difference. I know checking multiple times a day, i hardly notice growth. It will be a shock, hopefully a good one. And yes, the wife and I are always happy to see each other. That's the toughest part of going out of town. To long apart.

Have a green one!

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

I had the flower girls out today to add supports to couple and rearrange them better. I want it to be easier to water them and also, I'm trying to order them by harvest so I'm not stuck trying to get a plant out from behind one that is struggling with holding itself up. I thought it an opportune time to snap some frostiness.

Panama
420-magazine-mobile1206725486.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1325008156.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1110803232.jpg

Zamedelica
420-magazine-mobile980473418.jpg
420-magazine-mobile22588191.jpg

Pure power plant
420-magazine-mobile1332474623.jpg

Malawi
420-magazine-mobile890852617.jpg

The B plant showed his balls yesterday. I'm happy to have a Malawi male as I'm going to make some Malawi f2s and Malawi x afghani. Should be a good comparison to the Panama x afghani. He's going to have to stay on my workable while I'm gone. He'll be dropping pollen before I get back and I already had enough of a leak with the Panama that I'm going to have more seeds on my Zamedelica than I was wanting. I won't be able to tell them apart either if it gets lose.
420-magazine-mobile216293896.jpg

Afghani
420-magazine-mobile1742545448.jpg

That's it for today. They'll get brixed and watered/fed saturday morning, then I get to see the transformation when I get back.

Peace

I read through your journal after you liked one of my posts. TY for stopping by!

It is good to see another person growing on the cheap and experimenting with seeds. Other than not being able to sunbathe my ladies in winter, I use the same lighting and cloning technique you do.

Only my one closet expanded to an additional two wire shelving units, lots of tarp, and lots of fans and CFL lamps, plus 4 Mars 300 units (could not pass up the price).

Your garden is amazing with the space and lighting limitations you have! If you can afford it, add one or two Mars300's to the closet. Each unit will eliminate 6 23W CFLs, and you will see a massive difference in growth and yield. And yes, you can mount them on the sloped ceiling.

PM me if you want more details. :thumb:

I read through your journal after you liked one of my posts. TY for stopping by!

It is good to see another person growing on the cheap and experimenting with seeds. Other than not being able to sunbathe my ladies in winter, I use the same lighting and cloning technique you do.

Only my one closet expanded to an additional two wire shelving units, lots of tarp, and lots of fans and CFL lamps, plus 4 Mars 300 units (could not pass up the price).

Your garden is amazing with the space and lighting limitations you have! If you can afford it, add one or two Mars300's to the closet. Each unit will eliminate 6 23W CFLs, and you will see a massive difference in growth and yield. And yes, you can mount them on the sloped ceiling.

PM me if you want more details. :thumb:

Welcome AK, and thank you for stopping by. I've been thinking to myself as I keep harvesting plants that they aren't yielding what I'm expecting and that lighting in my flower room is my limiting factor. I'm wanting to get a ps500 to replace my two blurple lights. I've thought about moving them into my veg room at that point but I'm not certain I want the tell tale glow as it could be obvious from the road if the door gets opened at night. With the added cfl, my veg room is already going to town. I'm running 2 125w cfls at 6500k and another at 2700k. I'm thinking about swapping in another 6500k in place of the 2700k. Really, I'm feeling like it might just explode before I have room open in flower.

The winter should be better this year. Last year was my maiden voyage and attempting dwc as well. I've learned the forgiveness of soil and docs constant stress of environment, environment, environment has really helped me assess that which should make a world of difference. I couldn't take a break or I'd be out before next year's harvest. The best I've gotten from a plant was a bit over 2 zips. And the way she was trained I should have gotten at least 2-3 times that . Once there's extra money, the lights are getting an upgrade. I'd add another t12 in the meantime, but I don't think I'd get much benefit without losing to much space.

Getting an ounce a plant is my interim goal. I think I did with the Auto Diesel Berry. she had big coals and buds and filled a quart mason jar. I haven't weighed the cured result, but when I gave a family member 3g, it was only about 5 or 6 buds.

I'm running 2 125w cfls at 6500k and another at 2700k. I'm thinking about swapping in another 6500k in place of the 2700k. Really, I'm feeling like it might just explode before I have room open in flower.

That 125 CFL is NOMINALLY 125W. The watts posted on the package is the visual brightness as we humans see it, not the actual wattage being pulled from the socket. For example a 100 W (nominal) CFL is really only a 23 W from a plant's POV. Figure about 1/4 of what is advertised on the package.

Mixing daylight and soft white is a good strategy, which I use myself. More daylight in veg and more soft white in flower. But I add extra lights in flower to get the most out of the ladies.

I was doing pretty well when I was growing under just CFLs. But when I added the Mars300 LED panels to the mix, I saw a HUGE difference in the health and size of the plants in veg, and bigger and more buds in flower.

That 125 CFL is NOMINALLY 125W. The watts posted on the package is the visual brightness as we humans see it, not the actual wattage being pulled from the socket. For example a 100 W (nominal) CFL is really only a 23 W from a plant's POV. Figure about 1/4 of what is advertised on the package.

Mixing daylight and soft white is a good strategy, which I use myself. More daylight in veg and more soft white in flower. But I add extra lights in flower to get the most out of the ladies.

I was doing pretty well when I was growing under just CFLs. But when I added the Mars300 LED panels to the mix, I saw a HUGE difference in the health and size of the plants in veg, and bigger and more buds in flower.

I have two off-brand 300w led lights in my flower room. I turn them off for pictures as I can't stand the distortion to the plant coloration. They do a decent job but I'm really beginning to feel that that is my limiting factor. They have uv but they are older tech. I think I paid around $120 apiece for them. I was reading today about the screw in led bulbs. It was showing that they put out about 3x the par of cfls. I'm thinking about augmenting my lighting in flower with those for the time being. There's a perfect sun 500 in the future though for the flower girls.
Veg, I'm kind of scared of getting going much quicker. It's about to outgrow itself as it is, since I've added in the third cfl.

You can try the screw-in LEDs, but I've read that they are not powerful enough for the penetration you need. Maybe the tech has improved recently, with a drop in price.

They are worth a try till you can upgrade. Try them with the CFL's and tell us how they performed. Maybe quantity will make up for quality, just like the CFLs. I'm curious as to how they will affect the plants.

You are correct about turning off the LEDs for photos. I take pictures with most (or all) of my lights off, and let the camera's flash provide the light. This seems to work well for me.

I have the same problem with my veg outgrowing itself while waiting for room in the flower unit. :passitleft:

Plants are looking good. Lovin that Malawi.

I'm fairly certain that my Panama is green pheno. Pistils have no pink or red cast to them at all. They shrivel and turn brown fairly quick.

The good news. Immature tester buds got me very high. Stay tuned.

I read that in your journal a minute ago. I can't wait to test mine out. My clone in veg is going to get grown out more so, now that I know she's a girl. I have a feeling in going to like her. She'll be my first harvest out of what I have going. My afghani should be ready right around the same time. The pistols don't always turn pink inside but yours is looking like the same pheno as mine, which I'm pretty certain is a green. Nice woody smell. Should make a great cross with everything I dusted.

The Malawi is the jazz hands pheno. 😁 thanks Fuzzy. It should be exploded when I get back. And now I have a Malawi to gather pollen from. I was almost out recently, and now I'll be swimming in seeds. I really need more veg room so that I can pheno hunt these seeds. I want to try all of the crosses.

It's so helpful to follow another grower experimenting with seeds! I'm going to have a good harvest of Mystery Sativa seeds. :) The best I can guess on ancestry is non-Diesel Sativa, since neither father nor mothers had any diesel scent at all.

The next crossing will be with male #2 who def has a Diesel scent, and whose leaves are ridiculously narrow! LOL!

*Sigh* There is never enough grow space.

Good luck with your seed-making endeavor! I trust that Jazz Hands will make an ensemble of show-quality children. :) :laughtwo:

She got dusted with the Panama. Which was just as happy and vibrant of plant. At least until I left him outside in the cold, then cut his balls off... Poor fella. That cross should make some very vigorous, potent sativas. They are ace's two most potent landrace sativas, and hybrid vigor should boost their energy further. I'll be knocking up a clone of my Panama with my male Malawi as well. A compare and contrast. I like to test things myself sometimes. Helps me get a better perspective.

Back
Top Bottom